Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2009, 02:45 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Teaser also in Sweden!

PENTAX Sverige

"Soon the waiting is over.
Welcome back soon for this years Pentax innovation".

05-08-2009, 03:41 AM   #32
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Look for "SRS Microsystems"" They are a Pentax Pro center.
I just called SRS to ask about the new Pentax... he simply said "I can't say anything I'm afraid"

I replied with "Ok, that says enough"

:0)
05-08-2009, 04:15 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Line of K-7's waiting to be shipped

I'll bet one of the Cargo ships in Cebu Philippines are filled with K-7's direct from the factory.
05-08-2009, 04:57 AM   #34
Veteran Member

There's a teaser on Pentax Canada's website as well: Pentax Canada

It's slowly coming together, only 12 more days until we get the details (if there is no leak before then )

05-08-2009, 06:09 AM   #35
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
I'll bet one of the Cargo ships in Cebu Philippines are filled with K-7's direct from the factory.
I'd stop by for some SuTuKil for lunch, take a swim in one of the excellent white sand beaches in mactan, then stop by for a special "K" at the pentax plant.

05-08-2009, 06:53 AM   #36
Forum Member

I guess it's only a matter of time before we hear some information from someone who's seen the demo or whatever at one of those locations in Japan.

Provided the K-7 does do HD video, it would be smart if they had a pre-recorded video on the cameras that you could watch via the viewfinder or via HDMI that goes over the features. That could be what they mean by live talk or whatever.
05-08-2009, 07:00 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I say let's get in touch with some Somali pirates to seize one of those ships laden with K7's...let the people go but hold the cameras for ransom...

...wait, that idea isn't so great...

05-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by CheddarGav Quote
I just called SRS to ask about the new Pentax... he simply said "I can't say anything I'm afraid"

I replied with "Ok, that says enough"

:0)
I'm afraid, too. We're all afraid. Hold me.

*Edit*

Something serious, could someone that speaks Japanese compare how they phrased that hands on experience and live chat with, say, a live television event?

I'm halfway thinking on the 21st they are going to stream a live video feed of people playing with the K-7 to get their reactions, filmed BY a K-7.

As in, it should say, "Live on the 21st, a hands on experience and chat!"
05-08-2009, 07:18 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
great more tease less info.
It's not Pentax's fault that one of their more enthusiastic workers or people under NDA got too excited and slipped leaked images long before Pentax intended to do so.

Blame the Windows Live guy, mostly, but also blame ourselves for not being patient enough. Really, I can wait until the 21st, but I wouldn't wanna ride the moral high horse, so I'll put myself in the same impatient lot.

On a lighter note, it's pretty funny that the Philippines doesn't even have our own local Pentax site. It's as if we're strictly relegated to manufacturing. Granted, we're a small country, so it's understandable. I just find it amusing.
05-08-2009, 07:41 AM   #40
Dom

The Pentax UK site has nothing.

This is the finest example of viral marketing at it's best.

It's even got me interested.
05-08-2009, 08:09 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From my brother's wife, who happens to be Japanese:

"New age for the digital single-lens
New K and talk live !!! Admission Free

It is created from thinking the photographer, is based on the development idea of PENTAX. The entire picture becomes clear, “NEW K bodily sensation & it holds talk live”. We would like you to touch very harshest you, promptly in PENTAX. By all means attendance in the nearby meeting place."

Looks like they are inviting current Pentax users to a live introduction of the new camera. No info.
05-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #42

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Looks like they are inviting current Pentax users to a live introduction of the new camera. No info.
Why "No info". Look at the bottom of picture - ƒfƒWƒ^ƒ‹ˆêŠáƒŒƒtƒJƒƒ‰FPENTAX - there is six places with dates and hours where camera will be introduced to potential customers.
05-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Hey, Pentax Imaging USA, TEASE ME ALREADY WILL YA!
05-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I mean no info about the camera itself. Info about the introduction, none about the camera.

If the recent introduction of the Nikon D5000 is any indication, there'll be some leaks a couple of days early as retailers and such prepare to add the new camera to their website. Some will accidentally post specs and photos and pricing early. So be sure to visit your favorite purchasing sites and post up anything you may find!
05-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
From my brother's wife, who happens to be Japanese:

"We would like you to touch very harshest you, promptly in PENTAX.
This is a translation?