Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2009, 04:23 AM   #1

Pentax Japan finally speaks about the new camera!!!!

Can Anybody translate? The name will be K not K7 right?

05-08-2009, 04:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It would appear the name is to be "K" (or it may just mean the new K model, without specifically naming it). The banner says there be some places where one can handle the new model and talk about it (presumably with a Pentax rep). The rest is just standard butt-kissing sales talk hype. The round bit indicates that entry is free.
05-08-2009, 06:18 AM   #3
Nubi

Not word for word, because not all terms can directly be translated to English, but something to the extent of ......

Created from the imagination of photographers, DSLR based on the developmental ideology of Pentax.

Its entire concept will become all clear. "New K hands-on experience and talk live."

Because you are the harshest of the critics of Pentax, we would like you to lay your hands on it as soon as possible.

Please come visit at nearby showrooms.
05-08-2009, 07:55 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by vitalsax Quote
The name will be K not K7 right?
No, the name will be K-7.

"New K" means a new K model.
K10D
K20D
K200D
K-m
K-SOMETHING NEW

PENTAX??-????-??????????-NEW K

05-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting they're still keeping the name under wraps.
Good to know they will issue some bodies around shortly.

That Chinese Pentax site has 20th May as the date, too.

*edit*
Still 21st on Pentax Japan:
http://www.camera-pentax.jp/
05-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
Not word for word, because not all terms can directly be translated to English, but something to the extent of ......

Created from the imagination of photographers, DSLR based on the developmental ideology of Pentax.

Its entire concept will become all clear. "New K hands-on experience and talk live."

Because you are the harshest of the critics of Pentax, we would like you to lay your hands on it as soon as possible.

That's why I chose to summarize. While it is all perfectly natural in Japanese, it is very hard to do anything resembling a direct translation of Japanese ad copy without having it sound like it was written by a putz.
05-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote

Here is the first critic. People here were always asking for a dedicated ISO button. They didn't like to have to push OK plus dial the wheel to adjust ISO. Now Pentax came to the rescue of those, but I feel it is a useless step this new dedicated ISO button on the top panel of the K-7, just because you still have to press and hold down one button (ISO) while rotating the rear e-dial to adjust. It's the same operation as before. You could have used that button for a more worthwhile function other than ISO. I am happy with OK+e-dial for ISO setting.

Rui
05-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
Here is the first critic. People here were always asking for a dedicated ISO button. They didn't like to have to push OK plus dial the wheel to adjust ISO. Now Pentax came to the rescue of those, but I feel it is a useless step this new dedicated ISO button on the top panel of the K-7, just because you still have to press and hold down one button (ISO) while rotating the rear e-dial to adjust. It's the same operation as before. You could have used that button for a more worthwhile function other than ISO. I am happy with OK+e-dial for ISO setting.

Rui
I'm not really sure what you'd like, if that's true. Frankly, I'd expect that that adds another button you could configure for some other things, as well, so I wouldn't be inclined to complain just yet.

05-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I'm not really sure what you'd like, if that's true. Frankly, I'd expect that that adds another button you could configure for some other things, as well, so I wouldn't be inclined to complain just yet.
You're not but I do. Then to have it configurable you wouldn't print ISO on it, would you?

Rui

Last edited by RuiC; 05-08-2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Edited out Nubi's quote