Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Thanks for the kind words.

+1

I did apply

With only 10 testers and 6 billions on planet Earth wanting to test a Pentax, let's wait and see
Well, I hope you're selected as I look forward to reading about your impressions.

05-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Thanks for the kind words.

+1

I did apply

With only 10 testers and 6 billions on planet Earth wanting to test a Pentax, let's wait and see
I also hope you are selected as your opinion carries weight in my mind. Not that it will help me financially. But I think you have a good way of looking at things. Hope you get one soon
05-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #18

Holy smokes, this is so cool! Grass roots promotional campaign by Pentax. They must be pretty confident about this camera if they're willing to hand it out to bloggers instead of just review sites.
05-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Yohan Pamudji Quote
Holy smokes, this is so cool! Grass roots promotional campaign by Pentax. They must be pretty confident about this camera if they're willing to hand it out to bloggers instead of just review sites.
If I can suggest to Pentax, I will send out 100+ copies to respected bloggers who are a Pentaxian fan who value Pentax. From the posting of tester application, it only talks about accepting 10 testers which is a small fee for marketing with grassroots element.

The latest marketing staged from Pentax has really stirred up the minds and souls in many of us. I over-drink in coffee for the news.

I can't stand it ........ I hate the 11 days countdown, give me a damn spec.

05-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
Nachrichten - Division Imaging Systems - PENTAX Europe GmbH

In short: Pentax germany is looking for people active on internet to loan K-7 to them. Testers then will use camera and share their impressions with internet community in their blogs, forums etc. Ten people will be selected.
Where exactly you saw the name K7 in the txt? I see k series!
05-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Well, I'm really excited
Slim chances but I have a chance
05-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
I "nominate" Janneman and Blende8. :-D
Thank you thank you thank yoiu.... By the way, do they supply lawnmowers as well???

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
Janneman is Dutch
Who cares....

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Blende8 - yes
Umm. only blende???

By the way, I applied.
Unfortunelty it will be another 281 days to Carnaval but I think my own "Jannemans Dynamic SR - test " should put me in number 1 position to get one....
Janneman's Dynamic SR test K100D

Janneman's Dynamic SR test K20D

Last edited by janneman; 05-08-2009 at 03:02 PM.
05-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #23
Pentaxian

I would like to be a test pilot for a K7 in Western Canada. I've been taking pictures with Pentax SLR's and owned them since '68.

I can take wildlife shots in the prairies and the Boreal Forest, Canadian Shield, Great Plains of Western US.

Recently retired. I've got time...good time on my hands.

05-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
I have a blog page! Does it count! I will be all over the new K-7. Do they accept US applicants?

I love my Pentax and it shows in bogs listed in my signature.

Thanks,
Hin
I agree you should be a tester...I have learned much from your blog
05-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #25
Site Supporter

"Netz geistern", that's a new term to me! Any german speaker, is this an established name on bloggers or something like that?

I think it makes sense. Pentax makes lenses and cameras for the photo-entusiasts. Pentax are ignored or overlooked by most journalists reviewing for the real photo-journals, who are usually blind to other options than canikon, and they have the same problem as any camera maker with the idiots writing for "electronics-gadgets" journals or tabloids and many web-pages as well, who simply doesn't have a clue about what makes a good camera. So we all got used to this and learned to turn to other knowledgeable entusiasts and web resources to learn about what Pentax can offer. So someone at Pentax realised this, and decided to go directly to the enthusiasts!

I suppose Sweden might count to the Pentax-Germany sphere since they closed down and centralized Pentax-Scandinavia...but realistically I don't have chance, the competition will be hard, and they will be looking for someone who is really visible among Pentaxians on the web. Big frequently updated blog with many visitors etc., and my blog has only half a dussin postings and I think one comment
But I will say as much as that it will be hard work to do this properly ("Berichte posten, youtube-Clips uploaden, Fragen im Forum beantworten, twittern, etc."), and and I think it it is a little meagre to only give the camera "leihweise"/on loan. Certainly a traditional advertisement campaign costs much more than 10 cameras! But anyway, I wish them good luck, and I don't think they will have any problems finding 10 good candidates that would be prepared to do it just to be able to loand the camera for a while before the rest of us. And I think it will work! The frency over the "leaks" lately proves it.

By the way...funny they don't call it K-7 officially yet...maybe we jumped to conclusions. Maybe it has another name?
05-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Yohan Pamudji Quote
Yeah, it is a very interesting move.

I'll echo the others that Falconeye should have a crack at it.
Good to see some European exposure too
05-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
"Netz geistern", that's a new term to me! Any german speaker, is this an established name on bloggers or something like that?
No, this just is a generic idiom

"durch XXX geistern" -> "circulate in XXX"

In a sense that it is hard to trace back where it is coming from. Like a ghost.

Ghost -> Geist -> geistern.

BTW

I would be surprised if Pentax Germany takes a lead in viral marketing now. Ned seems to like it as well. So, I actually watch out for a similiar initiative by Pentax US. Maybe in the form of a blog post by Ned. Maybe less public. But pentaxforums.com should receive a notice, I think.
05-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Do the testers get to keep the camera...and lens?
05-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #29
Pentaxian

Mom, must I become a politician now? :)

Am I counting votes?

No. no? Did I count 3? no!! I don't count. Not. Never. This cannot be true! Close eyes

I forgot that elections can make you nervous. So, I better just "Enjoy waiting" with positive anticipation to learn the K-7 specs on May 20
05-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bogiesbad Quote
Do the testers get to keep the camera...and lens?
Sorry, no.