Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
K200D has a slide door on a hinge and is weather sealed. Tab-lock doors don't appeal to me at all.
The K10D's door is a little weird but the opening mechanism works just fine once you figure it out. I'm not sure "tab locked" is the best description, since that implies to me that you slide some little tab — you don't. There's a little flip-out dial you turn and the door pops open.

05-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
O...I made mistake... 4 GB and above SDHC is FAT32. Am I right?
It means that K-7 can write video with 32 Gb SDHC unlimited. Not as 5D Mk II.
No, it can't. The maximum file size for FAT32 is 4GB, and I doubt they'll automatically split the movies in several files. Maybe you should check the specs and verify this? Or is that impossible for you?
However... the K7 primary use is that of a photographic camera. How many minutes of uninterrupted filming do you want?
05-09-2009, 12:06 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
No, it can't. The maximum file size for FAT32 is 4GB, and I doubt they'll automatically split the movies in several files. Maybe you should check the specs and verify this? Or is that impossible for you?
However... the K7 primary use is that of a photographic camera. How many minutes of uninterrupted filming do you want?
That's true. The total drive limit of FAT32 is 32GB but the max file size is 4GB.

So much speculation! Waiting and seeing would be the best way to find out all this stuff
05-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #49

QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
That's true. The total drive limit of FAT32 is 32GB but the max file size is 4GB.

So much speculation! Waiting and seeing would be the best way to find out all this stuff
Apart soccer moms no one will record a video longer than some minutes. Directors calls them "scenes" and that's what video editing is for. Longer clips become totally boring.

Maybe it will be capable of automatic splitting the video in many files, who knows

05-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It may be that the maximum FAT32 file size is 4GB, however, according to another Pentax camera manual (for this example, the X70) that features large video files, it states that the maximum single file size is limited to 2GB when using a SDHC card. I can't see Pentax changing that limit when all the other cameras have that 2GB limit.

Alex
05-09-2009, 12:46 AM   #51
Pentaxian

There is always a first time
05-09-2009, 01:12 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zntgrg Quote
Apart soccer moms no one will record a video longer than some minutes. Directors calls them "scenes" and that's what video editing is for. Longer clips become totally boring.

Maybe it will be capable of automatic splitting the video in many files, who knows

Never say never.

Sometimes great things come from breaking the "rules"

Russian Ark, 90 minute movie, a single uninterupted take.

Russian Ark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

05-09-2009, 01:27 AM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Never say never.

Sometimes great things come from breaking the "rules"

Russian Ark, 90 minute movie, a single uninterupted take.

Russian Ark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I say The Rope by Hitchcook, but it wasn't actually one single shot. It just appears like it.
05-09-2009, 04:46 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
No, it can't. The maximum file size for FAT32 is 4GB, and I doubt they'll automatically split the movies in several files.
Exactly - This max file size barrier can only be surpassed either with auto file splitting or with cameras going to another file system. Can you imagine our cameras able to read/format NTFS or HFS?
05-09-2009, 06:24 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogroast Quote
Exactly - This max file size barrier can only be surpassed either with auto file splitting or with cameras going to another file system. Can you imagine our cameras able to read/format NTFS or HFS?
That'd really suck for interoperability. UDF is probably a better choice.
05-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
O...I made mistake... 4 GB and above SDHC is FAT32. Am I right?
It means that K-7 can write video with 32 Gb SDHC unlimited. Not as 5D Mk II.
Tavarish. Dai ..... deset i osemdeset pe???
sedem i dvadeset pe?????
Nema da kaja na nikoi!!!!
05-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #57
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would hate CF cards. My sister had a Sony for a week and bent one of the pins in the cam. It was sent away and she missed getting photos of her daughter playing netball for Scotland in the world champs! We have a GPS device here that uses them too, so awkward to get in the slot, SD is sooooo easy.
05-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #58

FAT32 has an 8TB maximum volume size. The artificial 32GB limit was enforced by Microsoft's formatting tools as a means to force people to upgrade to NTFS. You can make FAT32 volumes on Linux that are over 32GB.

The individual file size limit is still 4GB no matter what the volume size is, so its not like I'm winning any arguments here
05-11-2009, 01:43 AM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve-O Quote
The individual file size limit is still 4GB no matter what the volume size is, so its not like I'm winning any arguments here
Because a video can be split into pieces on output with no effort, I think that individual file size limits don't matter here. A split may actually be wanted on smaller chunks, like 1GB, to facilitate reviewing/deletion of scenes.

Even movie theater film rolls came in multiple chunks per movie
05-20-2009, 04:36 AM   #60

lala