Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #16
jeffkpotter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sebbe_J Quote
Hehehe, this is just too funny [:
I'm not laughing. Personally I'm at the point where I feel like I've been forced by HOYA-Pentax to devise an escape strategy. (Back to Canon) I have been a fan of Asahi-Pentax, NOT Hoya-Pentax which has yet to earn my trust and loyalty. If they even look like they might be screwing up I'm gone! This ad campaign doesn't inspire me. They better have something really good up their sleeves. Period.

05-09-2009, 09:05 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like your mind is already made up and you're looking for an excuse to justify it.
05-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #18
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Actually, its kind of fun in an academic, marketing student kind of way to sit back and watch the moves

Those Hoya dudes may have a bit of a sense of humor after all.
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkpotter Quote
I'm not laughing. Personally I'm at the point where I feel like I've been forced by HOYA-Pentax to devise an escape strategy. (Back to Canon) I have been a fan of Asahi-Pentax, NOT Hoya-Pentax which has yet to earn my trust and loyalty. If they even look like they might be screwing up I'm gone! This ad campaign doesn't inspire me. They better have something really good up their sleeves. Period.
It's all in how you look at it. They're trying to be different - trying to attract some attention - trying to appeal to the sardonic sense of humor they think their target demographic has - they're accomplishing it, at least with me.

They may not be very good at this marketing strategy yet, but they certainly deserve some credit for trying something few if any consumer products marketers have done before.

I'm actually having a blast watching this all play out. They did tell us to enjoy the wait - well, I am !!

Cheer up - we'll all know in about two weeks
05-09-2009, 09:13 AM   #19
jeffkpotter

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Sounds like your mind is already made up and you're looking for an excuse to justify it.
That is an entirely subjective opinion on your part. I love my Pentax equipment, but I would consider myself in deep denial if I wasn't skeptical about the future of Pentax.

05-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #20
Pentaxian

That is an entirely subjective opinion on your part. I love my Pentax equipment, but I would consider myself in deep denial if I wasn't skeptical about the future of Pentax.
Does my opinion not reflect your previously stated opinion? I think it does.

I'm allowed to post my opinion about your opinion
05-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #21
jeffkpotter

Does my opinion not reflect your previously stated opinion? I think it does.

I'm allowed to post my opinion about your opinion
Hey Ryan, we have no issues here. It's cool.
05-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Hey Ryan, we have no issues here. It's cool.
Sorry if I came off a little a-hole-ish For what it's worth...down the road I might pick up a 40D or maybeee a 5D just for kicks...no fanboy here
05-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I would consider myself in deep denial if I wasn't skeptical about the future of Pentax.
I thought that was the charm of owning Pentax? The constant uncertainty about what they're going to do next. I find it much more interesting than other camera companies. Then again, I can see how if you're a pro, you wouldn't want them to "be interesting".

05-10-2009, 12:12 AM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

They may not be very good at this marketing strategy yet, but they certainly deserve some credit for trying something few if any consumer products marketers have done before.
actually, not only has the idea been done before - a lot... but Canon used this very marketing stratgery last year to unveil the 5D MkII..

so sadly , not only is it an old marketing idea.. its already been used in the photographic industry.

but thats not to say it isn't still a good strategy..
05-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Yeah Feels like forever.
05-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #26
Pentaxian

I think they're doing a good job with it. Maybe a little too early, but not bad.

Also great that Ned Bunnell got involved in the fun

Pentax might be onto something here.
05-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #27
Veteran Member

I think they're doing a good job with it. Maybe a little too early, but not bad.

Also great that Ned Bunnell got involved in the fun

Pentax might be onto something here.
Let's just pray it doesn't turn out to be an average camera. It did get ogl and RiceHigh excited; and that's a rare thing.
05-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Those two can be our "thermometers" for new products