Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
As I said in another post. Pentax has decided NOT to re-instate my sponsorship and thus being free to work with what ever is available, I will make my future decisions based on the tool's out there that best suit my needs. For now, the K20D works well for me. I have already been solicited by two of the majors and have yet to decide what I am going to do. If I continue using Pentax, it is because of the quality of the product and not because of the perks associated with being sponsored.

PS..I would NEVER buy a Medium Format camera. I would only have the client pay to rent one if the job requires the kind of resolution that a MF gives.

Ben
Nice footwork, Ben. That says a lot, but it didn't give any answers to the question. Maybe you should have been a politician.

05-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #17
Inactive Account

PS..I would NEVER buy a Medium Format camera. I would only have the client pay to rent one if the job requires the kind of resolution that a MF gives.

Ben
Ben, Never say never!
05-10-2009, 01:59 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vitalsax Quote
Ben, Never say never!
Why would I want to buy a 10k Euro Disposible Camera? I can fathom 1.5 to 2.5 K euro disposible camera's, but 10K, no way!
05-10-2009, 03:35 AM   #19
Pentaxian

I am sorry, but I can't play the game that they had asked me to play.
May I ask what game did they ask you to play?
Where they trying to change the relationship to one were you are bound to use Pentax exclusively?

I've read -- not sure it's true as I haven't found the thread -- that you invited people to tell Pentax France how much they would like to see the sponsoring continued. Obviously it'll be good for Pentax if you continued to be an ambassador for them and I'd like to support a petition for you to stay Pentax sponsored, but I'm also wondering what the differences are about.

05-10-2009, 05:00 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Why would I want to buy a 10k Euro Disposible Camera? I can fathom 1.5 to 2.5 K euro disposible camera's, but 10K, no way!
I think almost like you. I don't see me buying a close sistem like a disposable hasselblad H3, but an open one that i can change backs as i wish. I know a store in london tha sells good second hands backs for USD2.500.00 not bad uh?
05-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vitalsax Quote
I think almost like you. I don't see me buying a close sistem like a disposable hasselblad H3, but an open one that i can change backs as i wish. I know a store in london tha sells good second hands backs for USD2.500.00 not bad uh?
Exactly. If there is a provision to update the sensor, I would consider it a viable system. But the thought of an overly expensive closed system is of no interest to me.
05-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Outright fools?... Really?

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
IMHO, the powers at Pentax are outright fools for not re-instating your sponsorship Mr. Kanarek...
IMHO neither side of this drama has given us enough information to develop an educated opinion. Certainly not an "humble opinion" that either of them are outright fools. This is a talented camera company, with a reputation for going against the grain, working with a talented photographer, with a reputation for going against the grain.

IMHO this is probably something more along the lines of an incompatibility of two brilliantly determined minds rather than the shortsightedness of fools...