Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Question for Benjikan

Just out of curiosity, did you see and/or try the new camera. I just want to know, so we'll know who to pester for info.

05-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A better question, are you going to buy one?
05-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Benjikan works in studio and happy with K20D.
To buy camera with the same MP? Why?
05-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
Forum Member

I'll think that the question is which new camera Benjikan wants to buy. I think that he the new 645 will prefer above the new K.

05-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I think 645D will be much suited for him. That why maybe he did not sign up for K-7 NDA since he is waiting for the 645.

Hope he answers back (Benjikan).
05-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Benjikan works in studio and happy with K20D.
To buy camera with the same MP? Why?
If better noise, 1/8000 speed and 1/250 flash sync is true, here's why.

(If he buys a nikon D3, he doesn't buy a worse camera just because it is 12.1 MP)
05-09-2009, 01:57 AM   #7
Veteran Member

As I said in another post. Pentax has decided NOT to re-instate my sponsorship and thus being free to work with what ever is available, I will make my future decisions based on the tool's out there that best suit my needs. For now, the K20D works well for me. I have already been solicited by two of the majors and have yet to decide what I am going to do. If I continue using Pentax, it is because of the quality of the product and not because of the perks associated with being sponsored.

PS..I would NEVER buy a Medium Format camera. I would only have the client pay to rent one if the job requires the kind of resolution that a MF gives.

Ben

05-09-2009, 02:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Dear Ben,

I found you to be one of the most valuable contributors to the Pentax community and if you do (heavens forbid) that you choose another brand, I sincerely hope you will still pop in now and then just to say hello.

You has showed what Pentax can do in the hands of a truly talented artist, and you show that the lenses and the bodies has real fantastic powers within. But the better photographer one is, the better the images will be - of course.

Best regards and salute!
R
05-09-2009, 02:23 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
As I said in another post. Pentax has decided NOT to re-instate my sponsorship

Ben
And me thinking You were the reason to switch form Germany to France...
OTOH, it would be very Pentax to think that, as they move from Gemrnay to France, it would be better to not also sponsor a French based photgrapher and they are now looking for a german one... Maybe that is the reason why Pentax Germany is looking for testers..
05-09-2009, 02:34 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
Dear Ben,

I found you to be one of the most valuable contributors to the Pentax community and if you do (heavens forbid) that you choose another brand, I sincerely hope you will still pop in now and then just to say hello.

You has showed what Pentax can do in the hands of a truly talented artist, and you show that the lenses and the bodies has real fantastic powers within. But the better photographer one is, the better the images will be - of course.

Best regards and salute!
R
I am NOT going anywhere for now..I will be doing a shoot in two weeks and will use my Pentax K20D's for that production as well as my trusty Pentax*16-50 lens.
05-09-2009, 07:39 AM   #11
mel
Veteran Member

IMHO, the powers at Pentax are outright fools for not re-instating your sponsorship Mr. Kanarek. You are an ambassador for the brand. And personally, I would be less of a photographer without the inspiration your work provides, work which I probably never would have seen if it were not for the fact that you are a member of this community.

Regards.
05-09-2009, 07:54 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Hey Benjikan, you should share us your Pentax joke?
05-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
Hey Benjikan, you should share us your Pentax joke?
Well..If you like you can copy and paste what I said on your Facebook Wall
05-09-2009, 09:05 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
IMHO, the powers at Pentax are outright fools for not re-instating your sponsorship Mr. Kanarek. You are an ambassador for the brand. And personally, I would be less of a photographer without the inspiration your work provides, work which I probably never would have seen if it were not for the fact that you are a member of this community.

Regards.
I am sorry, but I can't play the game that they had asked me to play. I am too independent and do not need a specific brand to gain my livelihood. I guess I am too much of a maverick for Pentax. I have never worked for anyone in my life and have always run my own show, whether as a photographer, creative director, web concept creator or architectural designer. C'est la vie, I guess.
05-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I am sorry, but I can't play the game that they had asked me to play. I am too independent and do not need a specific brand to gain my livelihood. I guess I am too much of a maverick for Pentax. I have never worked for anyone in my life and have always run my own show, whether as a photographer, creative director, web concept creator or architectural designer. C'est la vie, I guess.
Wow! That speaks volumes... it shows in your awe inspiring work...Bravo!