Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Enc0der Quote
As I said:
"This is very nice, but you are forgetting the fact that the K20D sucks
Maybe you are the one who sucks. The K10D/k20d AF is VERY accurate.The Canon cameras are good machine, but they are not Gods gift to mankind. Trying to shoot weddings with substandard lenses almost always gives results that are so and so. If you are having problems with a decent lens (your Tamron lens), then don't think a new body will solve your problems.
There is only one thing in life you can't buy, and it is experience. And I think you are definitively short on it.

05-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Everything, well almost everything that is being discussed, beaten around and beaten up about is so very subjective. There is a saying that I truely stand firmly behind, and not only in photogralhy but in life, and it goes like this...

QuoteQuote:
Only a weak man blames his tools.
Take from that what you will. But if you know what you have and how to use it, you can make it do just about anything. Hardware cannot take the place of talent, skill and sound technique, it can only enhance it.
05-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #78

Original Poster
OK, thank you all for your replies.

Thank you for the good replies.
Thank you for the bad replies.
Thank you for the silly replies.
Thank you for the insulting replies.
Thank you for the pathetic replies.

I think we can close this topic now.
05-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
pentax went one step further and re-created the then popular used fast telephoto zoom by making the 50-135, no one else seemed to think of doing the same at the time (AFAIK)
+1 on this, I saw that Canonikon users have to resort to Sigma / Tokina variant for the 50/135 range I'm looking forward to get this lens myself (K20D/K7 first) .... should've grabbed Jsherman's copy from the other day.

Not only the 28-70, alot of photogs seem to find the old 70-200 range useful IINM. Although we may attribute this to its equivalence with the old 100-300 range.

And to OP, do what you have to do. I think working together with a friend and sharing lenses is a good thing too.

05-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
hehehe, this thread is funny..... sad... yet funny
True True

I could post 1000 out of focus shots from my 1D mkIII through L glass lenses and a 1000 in focus shots (in difficult lighting) taken with the K20D. All of this proves nothing except you need to learn how to exploit the benefits of the equipment that you have.
05-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #81

QuoteOriginally posted by kunik Quote
True True

I could post 1000 out of focus shots from my 1D mkIII through L glass lenses and a 1000 in focus shots (in difficult lighting) taken with the K20D. All of this proves nothing except you need to learn how to exploit the benefits of the equipment that you have.
Totally agree, proves nothing hence why I find all this talk about AF 'interesting'.

BTW I've only been into photography for 18 months or so, and my cousin is a photo journalist with 10 years odd experience with his work appearing in places such as The News Of The World in the UK. All the more reason why I find this interesting!
05-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #82
Site Supporter

weather sealed?

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
AND the weaherresistance... you only get that with Canon with the 5DMkII
Not trying to stir the pot good sir, but where did you get that information that the 5D MKII is weather sealed?? Even Canon's site makes no mention of it. Evidently it's built quite well, but not weather resistant. Only the 1D MK series are weather sealed....

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
Have you other folks noted that the OIP started with him looking at the 50D and after a few posts everybody jumped and was talking about 5D and FF???

Oh and today I held both Canons....
Man o man, 5D and 50D... I held them could not work with them... My fingers kept looking for dials and believe it or not, I had trouble finding the on/of switch!!!<snip>

Does not make sens to me
Very true... I found the 40D a bit difficult to use in terms of dials (at first). After several weeks of shooting it wasn't too bad though. The menus and the LCD was a disappointing experience.

Regards,
Marc
05-12-2009, 05:01 PM   #83
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Enc0der Quote
OK, thank you all for your replies.

Thank you for the good replies.
Thank you for the bad replies.
Thank you for the silly replies.
Thank you for the insulting replies.
Thank you for the pathetic replies.