Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Information overflow: how to keep up-to-date?

Right now, 21:50 PM CET, there are 5 threads containing 3032 posts (!!) on the new K7.
If I (or anyone else) would like to know the latest information on the K7, how does one process all these posts?
I can't take this anymore, I don't know about you fellows, but I have a job and a family, it's just impossible to read all this stuff and to seperate the crap from real data.....

I'm stopping reading the News and Rumors sub-forum for now.....
Perhaps reading DPReview is better, much less traffic.

Am I alone with this problem?

However, if anyone is capable to tell me the latest K7 status, I'm interested.

- Bert

05-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

they are all full of bullshit so really you are not missing anything.

Just wait till the launch date and your mind will be put at ease by a single paragraph outlining the specs.
05-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Check my blog in my sig...I've tried to summarize the best I can.

Also tried to keep as factual as possible although the camera is still not officially announced by Pentax.

Gave me something to do, at least
05-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
you're not alone, I peek in once a week to this subsection and I have enough of it for at least week.
Anyway, I don't try to keep up with it. When the new camera will be announced, it will be.
That's it. I simply don't have time to read 10+ pages wehter there will be flash, or not, or SR switch, or if that screw is in the correct place and why it doesn't look like this or that and all based on few blurry pics and people who know people who sleep with people....
It was the same before K20, it's the same now and it'll be the same until Pentax won't sell out (about which some people will argue enldessly, but I hope it'll never happen)

Regards
Peter

05-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Check my blog in my sig...I've tried to summarize the best I can.
great blog and a great summary on the K7. - Thank you. There is just Way too much to sift through in regards to the k7 on this site.
05-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bymy141 Quote
Right now, 21:50 PM CET, there are 5 threads containing 3032 posts (!!) on the new K7.
If I (or anyone else) would like to know the latest information on the K7, how does one process all these posts?
I can't take this anymore, I don't know about you fellows, but I have a job and a family, it's just impossible to read all this stuff and to seperate the crap from real data.....

I'm stopping reading the News and Rumors sub-forum for now.....
Perhaps reading DPReview is better, much less traffic.

Am I alone with this problem?

However, if anyone is capable to tell me the latest K7 status, I'm interested.

- Bert
May 21, Japanese time. That's all you really need to know for now. It's just a couple of days away, and there's not much new being posted in the megathread with regards to hard facts.
05-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AbeFroman Quote
great blog and a great summary on the K7. - Thank you. There is just Way too much to sift through in regards to the k7 on this site.
Thanks

I was lucky and "got into" the Mega Thread when it was still like 15 pages long. It's easier to keep up if you don't get behind (naturally), so I thought now that we have seen the same things repeated, they must be true. Unless Pentax is taking us on a huge detour
05-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Add another thanks here- it's quick and concise summary of what we _know_, rather than rampant speculation that may or may not be true. Thank you!

05-16-2009, 02:16 AM   #9
Veteran Member

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/577684-post1.html

Not this (3rd biggest) thread, just this initial post. There, I summarize and keep up to date with what we know with regard to video on the K-7. Both hard facts and converging speculation, in one fact sheet.
05-16-2009, 05:14 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Curiosity kills 20/21 May.
05-16-2009, 08:58 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bymy141 Quote
I have a job and a family, it's just impossible to read all this stuff and to seperate the crap from real data.....
Chill out. Go make some pictures.

There's no 'real data' here anyway - wait for the word from Pentax.
05-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote

Just wait till the launch date and your mind will be put at ease by a single paragraph outlining the specs.

Truer words have never been spoken...around here at least.

Jason
05-17-2009, 01:22 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps one of the best threads in this section! I thought I was alone not keeping up on news and not really caring about all the fuss and to just wait until it comes out. I don't have the attention span to keep reading a lot of nothing. Give me an actual picture and a real world review and I'm content. No sense in forming an opinion until I get to hold and use it myself. The K20 loaner is sort of growing on me but I'm interested like everyone else how the K-7 will stack up.
05-17-2009, 04:00 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote

I'm afraid a single paragraph won't be enough:ugh: