Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
In a menu, it seems.
That should make it even tougher to remember to turn off and back on. Maybe that's no longer an option or even necessary though.

The more I think about it, it seems strange that they've labled the buttons on what used to be the four way controller too. It's only a minor point, but when I'm viewing a photo on the screen I'll often zoom in and "scroll" around. Will these four button still serve that function? If so, labeling them as they have seems a little odd. The four buttons don't look very sexy either IMO.

05-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #62

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
We have no manual. What are we talking about?
Do you have any idea of how to select AF point? seems direct press direction keys will not do this again. because when I press them I should roll wheels to change the corresponding settings.

and the button in center of mode dial is interesting, what does it used for?
05-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #63
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
I don't care about SR switch, it's always on on my K20D anyway.

However I hate the fact, that thay removed bracketing button! Bracketing iss extremely convenient in K10D/K20D.

K-7 is very strong in HDR and bracketing mode.

No specs, no manual...But THE SOBBING has come.
05-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hrm, doesn't *look* too sexy from behind, but at least they got the AE-L button down out of right field. Never did think it belonged up there on the corner: one of my few complaints about the K20's handling.
I think you're right. I take back what I said about it earlier.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
I agree. The bracketing button is my next most used button after the shutter!
Maybe that's one of the two buttons up top by the shutter??? I think that would make some sense. But I did like it right where it was.

05-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
That should make it even tougher to remember to turn off and back on. Maybe that's no longer an option or even necessary though.
I must admit that I never use the SR switch on my K10D. The only times I would have needed to turn SR off is on a tripod, and there I use the 2-second self-timer, which deactivates SR all by itself...
05-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote

K-7 is very strong in HDR and bracketing mode.
So how do we control it? Through Menu?

Maybe that's one of the two buttons up top by the shutter??? I think that would make some sense. But I did like it right where it was.
Two buttons near the shutter are Exposure Compensation and ISO.
05-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #67
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
wish the buttons lit up like the new Oly E620
I'd rather learn where they are and keep my night vision, thanks.
05-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #68
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

However I hate the fact, that thay removed bracketing button! Bracketing is extremely convenient in K10D/K20D.

At lease they should have made RAW button configurable, so it would be possible to assign bracketing function to it... I never use that RAW button anyway, it is like "Print" button on Canon DSLRs...

Or maybe it is just me, who does not use RAW button?

Could you participate in this poll?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/60149-raw-bracketi...k10d-k20d.html
The RAW button seemed like a nifty idea until I discovered that it reset every time I hit the play button (even if I set it to "persists" in the custom fn menu). Maybe bracketing has migrated to the Fn menu along with the drive settings?

05-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #69
Veteran Member

I'd rather learn where they are and keep my night vision, thanks.
its barely bright enough to do that.
05-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #70
Pentaxian

However I hate the fact, that thay removed bracketing button! Bracketing is extremely convenient in K10D/K20D.

At lease they should have made RAW button configurable, so it would be possible to assign bracketing function to it... I never use that RAW button anyway, it is like "Print" button on Canon DSLRs...

Or maybe it is just me, who does not use RAW button?
I do! Not *often,* as yet, but I have limited computer power and like that it's hanging out there.

I'd also probably use the bracketing button if it entered my thought process when bracketing. I just do the digital equivalent of rocking the shutter speed or aperture dial and congratulate myself how familiar I'm getting with digital interface.

I suppose, let's hope that one of the playback buttons also does that while in shooting mode.
05-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
its barely bright enough to do that.
Also 'barely' worth making the weatherproofing transparent over, I figure.
05-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
I must admit that I never use the SR switch on my K10D. The only times I would have needed to turn SR off is on a tripod, and there I use the 2-second self-timer, which deactivates SR all by itself...
I forget to do it myself a lot of time. Maybe if Pentax told us why we're supposed to turn it off when using a tripod I might remember.

Two buttons near the shutter are Exposure Compensation and ISO.
That's what I was afraid of. Maybe the retro looking hump on the mode dial is for exposure bracketing???
05-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #73
Pentaxian

That's what I was afraid of. Maybe the retro looking hump on the mode dial is for exposure bracketing???
Unlikely, I'd think. Probably a physical lock to keep you from ending up into or out of video accidentally.
05-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #74
Veteran Member

Unlikely, I'd think. Probably a physical lock to keep you from ending up into or out of video accidentally.
Yeah, it's so different from what we have today it must have something to do with video.
05-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #75
Pentaxian

Yeah, it's so different from what we have today it must have something to do with video.
Well, I don't imagine I'd want to think I was in video and getting footage when I was on 'B.' At least I'm not leaping guess it's an electronic button that could have been on the back, stuck in the middle of a mechanical dial. That really doesn't follow, to me.