Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2009, 12:39 AM   #106
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm interested if SR will ON/OFF automatically...

05-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #107

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
possible solution
05-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #108
Inactive Account

On the topic of exposure compensation, Canon cameras let you bypass the EC button altogether and adjust it by half-pressing the shutter release button and spinning the "quick dial" (the big one on the back of the camera). I guess Pentax doesn't have anything like this?
05-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #109
Veteran Member

Where's the "dispense kona coffee button"? I find the lack of it highly disappointing and a total deal breaker...

Sigh... The truth is out there, and in six more days....

You will know...

And so will I.

05-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #110
Veteran Member

If we collect everything ogl have said yet maybe we have the full specs soon?
05-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #111
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Vaikis_ Quote
possible solution
we had discussed such idea 1 year ago at russian penta forum.
05-14-2009, 12:56 AM   #112
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Think that that would be stupid E.g. in a middle of long exposure SR turns ON - just because wind is blowing and trees are waving, or any other moving objects that we want to catch in a long exposure.
unless there is additional option ON/OFF/DECIDE YUORSELF - like "Imitate some great photographer" function lol

05-14-2009, 01:03 AM   #113
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
mayb there is a sensor that switches SR on and of when a tripod mount is near the camera..
Could be. But from a marketing perspective... why hide one of your camera's biggest features/advantages from consumers? Why not keep some sort of switch so people know the camera's got it? I have the feeling that amateures and beginners will actually be turned off by what looks like a more complex camera, now that they've labled certain buttons, and others will be unhappy that they've oversimplified things and moved a couple important features God knows where. Time will tell though.

What I would've liked to see, on top of the minor and major button placement issues, would be a simple four way controller with a menu system like my Motorolla cell phone. We could each customize some of the more basic functions to our liking that way.
05-14-2009, 01:06 AM   #114
Veteran Member

something interesting?
Image modes button?

If this is true, then it is sad for me, who shoots exclusively to RAW.

Last edited by Edvinas; 05-14-2009 at 01:15 AM.
05-14-2009, 01:06 AM   #115
jay
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by joerg Quote
As far as the button layout is concerned, I would love to see a DLSR go touch screen for buttons like delete, and info.
??

...how would adding a touch screen improve the ergonomics of the device? I mean, I've only done light study on material sciences, but it seems to me that the LAST thing I'd want is more shit in front of the LCD.

Touchscreens are just gimmicky in this situation (though in some applications, they work marvelously)

QuoteQuote:
Personally I would love to see a dedicated exposure dial on the front right of the camera for your left index finger to use.
Am I the only person who realizes the goal of their product ergonomics design was to be able to operating all of the cameras shooting system one-handed? It allows you to keep your eye in the viewfinder as you tweak and adjust settings with your right hand, while holding your glass with your left hand. I obviouisly haven't shot with it yet -- but it seems clever.

QuoteOriginally posted by nixcamic Quote
Although all the discussion about different bits does seem to be showing the different ways people use cameras, quite a lot of people never disable SR it seems, some change their WB a lot or change AF points a lot... Its quite interesting to see the different styles of using a camera people have...
Haha, I noticed that, too. I'm reading all these requests for things like an auto-bracket button. I don't think I've ever used auto-bracketing on my camera before. Reading the complaints makes me want to figure out how different photographers work.

While working at a newspaper, I was taught to keep everything on manual -- the old "you control the camera, not the other way around" mentality. Before, I had always shot in aperture priority, and I had no problem with setting exposure compensation and stuff.

But now, honestly, from how I shoot, I'd say the AF point selector is worthless -- I never have any reason to move my point away from the middle, with half-way shutter button AF being the first thing I disable on a new camera.

As for the metering mode switch? I don't think I've ever taken my camera off spot metering ever.

Point the camera at the center of the area of the subject I want to be exposed correctly and focused on -- hit the AF button, hit the green button, recompose, take the picture.

It's all about how we learned how to take pictures. it's cool how differently everyone uses their cameras :-)
05-14-2009, 01:15 AM   #116
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ions Quote
Think that that would be stupid E.g. in a middle of long exposure SR turns ON - just because wind is blowing and trees are waving, or any other moving objects that we want to catch in a long exposure.
unless there is additional option ON/OFF/DECIDE YUORSELF - like "Imitate some great photographer" function lol
ON/OFF/DECIDE YOUSELF - maybe. I mean it.
But SR is not for moving objects.
05-14-2009, 01:31 AM   #117
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Yohan Pamudji Quote
On the topic of exposure compensation, Canon cameras let you bypass the EC button altogether and adjust it by half-pressing the shutter release button and spinning the "quick dial" (the big one on the back of the camera). I guess Pentax doesn't have anything like this?

Pentax allows you to prgram the e-dials to adjust exp comp. But this is only useful in AV, SV, and TV modes. For P, TAV, and M modes, you still need to hit the exp comp button. The Pentax way is very powerful, and once you understand it, it is one of Pentax's strenghts over Canon and Nikon.

The big differance is that when Pentax is in P mode, the front and rear dials control Hyper-program mode. While with the Canon in P mode, the rear dial conrtols exp comp, and the front dial controls program shift.
05-14-2009, 01:35 AM   #118
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote

The big differance is that when Pentax is in P mode, the front and rear dials control Hyper-program mode. While with the Canon in P mode, the rear dial conrtols exp comp, and the front dial controls program shift.

AFAIK you can set it that way in P mode as well.
05-14-2009, 01:39 AM   #119
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote

However I hate the fact, that thay removed bracketing button! Bracketing is extremely convenient in K10D/K20D.

At lease they should have made RAW button configurable, so it would be possible to assign bracketing function to it... I never use that RAW button anyway, it is like "Print" button on Canon DSLRs...
How do you know that the RAW button is not cofigurable? Do you have a manual?
05-14-2009, 01:48 AM   #120
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nixcamic Quote
I'm going to be very annoyed if theres dedicated WB and not dedicated SR, unless it does really have a SR panning sensor, but for very short pans, how could the sensor know if its shake or you panning?
If SR are to work when people use the video function it has to be improved so that it can handle panning, doesn't it? Maybe this is what ogl means? Will be great news also for people shooting sport or birds in flight etc.