Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #181
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd love to have in-camera shift. No need to mess around on the computer or buying a program like PT Lens (although one should have that program anyway )

05-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #182

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Yes; but there's more to SR than meets the eye. The whole system can be used for other things than SR too and that was that I'm referring to.
Is it going to add selective background blur for week bokeh lenses?
05-15-2009, 03:54 PM   #183
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Please explain. Lenses are designed to throw an image on a flat surface; so if I move the sensor a bit to one side it will not change the plane of focus.
Please read again my post.

Rui
05-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #184
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Please explain. Lenses are designed to throw an image on a flat surface; so if I move the sensor a bit to one side it will not change the plane of focus.
OK. Maybe you are talking about correcting this distortion in body:

Attached Images

05-17-2009, 08:13 AM   #185
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Seriously guys,

Look at the button on the right of OK button:

what is that Hexagonal button on the right for?
My guess, it's the autofocus button. So you can focus either by partially depressing the shutter or with the autofocus button. This is a standard feature on previous AF cameras.
05-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #186
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikePerham Quote
My guess, it's the autofocus button. So you can focus either by partially depressing the shutter or with the autofocus button. This is a standard feature on previous AF cameras.
AF button is somewhere else
05-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #187
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
The only times I touch the SR switch, is when my camera bag has moved it for me - or when using a tripod.
Or when panning?

05-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #188
Veteran Member

From Chassimage in french

Citation de: Krg le Hier à 10:29:01
Reçu CI à l'instant: pas d'essai du K7 !! Roulement des yeux
Mais un bel article sur les bruits qui courent et l'avis de CI; l'essentiel:
- capteur du K20D adapté vidéo
- 6400 Iso, bruit en progrès
- vidéo HD 1080p, HDMI
- AF en LiveView et vidéo
- écran 7,62 cm 920.000 p
- viseur 100%
- rafale 5 i/s et 2 i/s en 1.6 Mp
- SR en vidéo
- flash intégré
- rien sur un nouvel AF

I can translate if you can figure it out. According to them, it is the same sensor as k20d but with video.
05-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #189
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Denis Quote
From Chassimage in french

Citation de: Krg le Hier à 10:29:01
Reçu CI à l'instant: pas d'essai du K7 !! Roulement des yeux
Mais un bel article sur les bruits qui courent et l'avis de CI; l'essentiel:
- capteur du K20D adapté vidéo
- 6400 Iso, bruit en progrès
- vidéo HD 1080p, HDMI
- AF en LiveView et vidéo
- écran 7,62 cm 920.000 p
- viseur 100%
- rafale 5 i/s et 2 i/s en 1.6 Mp
- SR en vidéo
- flash intégré
- rien sur un nouvel AF

I can translate if you can figure it out. According to them, it is the same sensor as k20d but with video.
There are deviations from the Pentax press text:
- vidéo HD 1080p (press text: 720p)
- rafale 5 i/s et 2 i/s en 1.6 Mp (doesn't make sense; 2 must be a mistake -- K20D did 21 i/s at 1.6 Mp so I guess they mean 2X i/s; according to press text, 5 is 5.2 i/s)
05-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #190
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think this button activates a hybrid viewfinder. Partially a typical mirrored image from the penta-prism and partially an electronic image such as a histogram or white balance. I think that is the entirely new feature...
05-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #191
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
There are deviations from the Pentax press text:
- vidéo HD 1080p (press text: 720p)
- rafale 5 i/s et 2 i/s en 1.6 Mp (doesn't make sense; 2 must be a mistake -- K20D did 21 i/s at 1.6 Mp so I guess they mean 2X i/s; according to press text, 5 is 5.2 i/s)
I don't know about the video but yes you are right it means 5 images/s. They also report 1/250 sync for the flash.

Last edited by Denis; 09-15-2009 at 04:47 PM.
05-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #192

QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Seriously guys,

Look at the button on the right of OK button:

what is that Hexagonal button on the right for?
Since we all seem to all be guessing what that icon could mean, let me throw some oil on the fire (... ok, just another guess).

This icon might represent a sensor shift feature, where the sensor can be moved (shifted; using an improved version of the SR mechanism) from the center of the frame (with the hexagon representing the lens aperture and the rectangle behind representing the sensor). This would essentially turn any lens with a sufficient image circle (e.g. a FF lens) into a "shift lens". This same feature would also make a lot of sense on the 645D, since its sensor will most likely also be significantly smaller than the imaging circle of 645 lenses and MF users are more used to the notion of tilt/shift lenses.

Note that if implemented right (i.e. with sufficiently large shifts and a mode that fires off a burst of 4 pictures, each shifted to a different corner), this could allow the K-7 to be used as a "pseudo FF" camera, at least whenever it is possible to merge the frames into a panorama.
05-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #193
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Olivier Quote
Since we all seem to all be guessing what that icon could mean, let me throw some oil on the fire (... ok, just another guess).

This icon might represent a sensor shift feature, where the sensor can be moved (shifted; using an improved version of the SR mechanism) from the center of the frame (with the hexagon representing the lens aperture and the rectangle behind representing the sensor). This would essentially turn any lens with a sufficient image circle (e.g. a FF lens) into a "shift lens". This same feature would also make a lot of sense on the 645D, since its sensor will most likely also be significantly smaller than the imaging circle of 645 lenses and MF users are more used to the notion of tilt/shift lenses.

Note that if implemented right (i.e. with sufficiently large shifts and a mode that fires off a burst of 4 pictures, each shifted to a different corner), this could allow the K-7 to be used as a "pseudo FF" camera, at least whenever it is possible to merge the frames into a panorama.
Why a hexagon for this, though? Wouldn't it be better to use a circle to represent an image circle?

If it isn't the picture settings thing, something to do with focus seems most likely.
05-18-2009, 12:44 AM   #194
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Olivier Quote
Since we all seem to all be guessing what that icon could mean
Here you're wrong
05-18-2009, 12:56 AM   #195

QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
Shifting lens groups have nothing to do with sensor shift. You cannot correct perspectives that way, unless you tilt the sensor, but here you loose focus.
Perspective correction is never done by tilting the lens but only by shifting. It does not matter if the lens or the sensor is shifted. Focus is not affected by shifting.