Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2009, 02:32 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
it really bugs you when people don't follow "the rules", dosen't it.
Do you mean that it bugs me, personally?

I twice stumbled over this particular thread being reanimated. So, I found it sort of funny to imagine it happened again Your link was fine with me

In a more general sense, I care a shit about rules. I was once known to break any available rule But I am the kind of guy who is keeping optimizing things

So, it bugs me if a few are causing trouble for many, "My laziness is your trouble".

Like parking in second row
(a bad thing only if time saving for one is less than aggregate loss of time for many)

05-16-2009, 03:10 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
How do you know?
Of course you know it, but even the body design is patented as you see on this one for the K200D:

United States Patent: D592232

As for the rest, it is "search and match"
05-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think it's possible that this new prism design is part of the groundwork for such kinds of systems as are speculated on: it seems to me that this design leaves a fair amount of potential *room* for all manner of fanciness ...which may not necessarily appear in the first example.

One rumor I tend to hopefully-believe is that they've used this design to make built-in 100% magnification.

Personally, I think things like swivel screens are *mostly* just gimmicks that are really just bulky and redundant, since we have LCDs already which, though fixed, are perfectly-viewable from any practical angle behind the camera, anyway: folks who say you need that to shoot overhead haven't tried it with what we have, I think. (not that the live view on say a K20d is really up to active shooting that way, but I presume they'll have that video-able on the K7. )

Swivelley screens *do* have some shop appeal, though: it's a comprehensible, physical thing people can play with them and feel like they're doing something. Kind of instant gratification... you can have fun imagining shooting at really odd angles, even if it's only likely a 'serious' feature for tripod work that I think might be better served by an accessory you could mount to the hot shoe and plug in somewhere.

One thing I've liked about the K-7 photos we've seen, is how they got the eyepiece off the back of the camera: it protrudes enough that you could sneak an articulated screen under there without forcing the photographer's face too far from the eyepiece. Could be pretty nice...
05-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I think it's possible that this new prism design is part of the groundwork for such kinds of systems as are speculated on: it seems to me that this design leaves a fair amount of potential *room* for all manner of fanciness ...which may not necessarily appear in the first example.

One rumor I tend to hopefully-believe is that they've used this design to make built-in 100% magnification.

Personally, I think things like swivel screens are *mostly* just gimmicks that are really just bulky and redundant, since we have LCDs already which, though fixed, are perfectly-viewable from any practical angle behind the camera, anyway: folks who say you need that to shoot overhead haven't tried it with what we have, I think. (not that the live view on say a K20d is really up to active shooting that way, but I presume they'll have that video-able on the K7. )

Swivelley screens *do* have some shop appeal, though: it's a comprehensible, physical thing people can play with them and feel like they're doing something. Kind of instant gratification... you can have fun imagining shooting at really odd angles, even if it's only likely a 'serious' feature for tripod work that I think might be better served by an accessory you could mount to the hot shoe and plug in somewhere.

One thing I've liked about the K-7 photos we've seen, is how they got the eyepiece off the back of the camera: it protrudes enough that you could sneak an articulated screen under there without forcing the photographer's face too far from the eyepiece. Could be pretty nice...

Not quite. It's almost the same size as in K10/20

05-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
Not quite. It's almost the same size as in K10/20
Actually, the photo I've seen, it looks like it gets back there atleast as far as the additional eyepiece I got for my K20d, presuming that's a real photo.
05-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Actually, the photo I've seen, it looks like it gets back there atleast as far as the additional eyepiece I got for my K20d, presuming that's a real photo.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
05-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by StephenG Quote
i doubt too many people will run off and start buying the K-7 just because of what they can see thru the viewfinder.....
You'd be surprised