Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2009, 01:39 AM   #61
Forum Member

This kind of imagery alludes to something.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/RiceHigh/K-7/1.jpg

05-16-2009, 01:41 AM   #62
Pentaxian

It would be slightly disappointing to remove the bracketing button and add a picture style button.
05-16-2009, 02:46 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
It would be slightly disappointing to remove the bracketing button and add a picture style button.
Indeed.
On the other hand, you somehow need access to all the in-camera processing options. HDR bracketing is a drive mode. And EVF overlay could be easily controlled with the new LV button.
05-16-2009, 02:47 AM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Do you say the VF of K-7 has an electronic overlay display. Or don't you say so? From what you wrote, it isn't clear.

Or otherwise speaking ...

Do you say that the K-7 deploys a VF as described in the patent you are talking about?
You have to contextualize this discussion. You mixed two statements of mine. First they were talking of EVF but showing new prism system. Then you were talking of transparent mirrors which are not used on this design. It all will be clearer by 20th, May. Sorry.

05-16-2009, 03:09 AM   #65
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Indeed.
HDR bracketing is a drive mode.
OMG !! That'd be nice
05-16-2009, 03:19 AM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
HDR bracketing is a drive mode
OMG !! That'd be nice
Ok, maybe I'll be more careful with my wording...

I don't know nothing about this, actually.

But if not a button, what else than a drive mode could it be?
05-16-2009, 05:00 AM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, maybe I'll be more careful with my wording...

I don't know nothing about this, actually.

But if not a button, what else than a drive mode could it be?
What about a multi option menu item?

05-16-2009, 06:25 AM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
This is the Picture Style button.
It's probably true. And as a JPEG shooter, I'm happy for it. But it's terrible iconography.
05-16-2009, 06:43 AM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
But regardless, if there will be no EVF in the K-7, can anybody explain why the other brands will play catch-up after the release of K-7?.
If you know marketing and strategy as I understand it other brands have to play catch up (according to Pentax) if Pentax merely uses existing technology in one or more of the following possibilities:
-Pentax is the first to put all this in a more or less affordable body
-Pentax will have the smallest body to have some existing technology
-Pentax will be the first to have all in a body...
All of the above will give Pentax an edge no-one else has.
05-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #70

if the strange button is just a picture style button.
I don't think we have the EVF this time. T_T

Last edited by yipchunyu; 05-16-2009 at 08:01 AM.
05-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #71
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
If you know marketing and strategy as I understand it other brands have to play catch up (according to Pentax) if Pentax merely uses existing technology in one or more of the following possibilities:
-Pentax is the first to put all this in a more or less affordable body
-Pentax will have the smallest body to have some existing technology
-Pentax will be the first to have all in a body...
All of the above will give Pentax an edge no-one else has.
If so, that's not just marketing speak and not just according to Pentax. Summed up, you're saying that in the K-7 Pentax would have the cheapest, smallest camera to incorporate all cutting edge technology that no other manufacturer has ever combined into one camera. I would definitely say that Pentax would be ahead of the curve in that case.

Yes it's more exciting to have 1 specific feature to point to that towers above the rest. But what you described is nothing to scoff at.
05-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
It is done with the mirror locked up and readings are from the sensor. No need for transparent mirror. And the transparent LCD is deposited on the Condenser glass just next to the focusing screen. To avoid mirror reflection a plane screen is rolled out between the mirror and the focusing screen when the former is locked-up
In that case, the histogram would not be "live", more like a histogram preview, which is not as useful (similar to digital preview).

Anyways, you are talking as if the LCD overlay VF is confirmed.
If that's the case, would we see all the shooting info such as shutter speed/aperture/iso as an overlay superimposed image?
05-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
In that case, the histogram would not be "live", more like a histogram preview, which is not as useful (similar to digital preview).

Anyways, you are talking as if the LCD overlay VF is confirmed.
If that's the case, would we see all the shooting info such as shutter speed/aperture/iso as an overlay superimposed image?

Never seen one EVF working and I can imagine histogram on image as video mix. Otherwise it could also be projected on screen as already done for AF select points.
05-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #74
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
Never seen one EVF working and I can imagine histogram on image as video mix.
You said above that you have seen the K7 lifeview.
05-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #75
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
Bracketing seems more practical, but I'm still just not used to the idea of the camera bracketing *for* me, anyway. Even when bracketing, I pick my shots, so I may as well have a dial to turn for that.

A button to make do what *you* want would be even more welcome to me. I'd probably use it to toggle my in-camera monochrome settings on and off: I'm still relying on that to get me results rather than try and remember what I wanted when I shot while fussing with my old computers. When I was toting my little old Lumix around, I actually used the scene mode spot on the dial a lot, (usually set to 'snow:' that actually tended to give me good results when I couldn't *see* too well. (I never did figure out a good way to stick an eyecup on an FZ-7, but I was working on it. Didn't *always* work, but the 'snow' mode worked in a lot of conditions where the EVF was hard to read. It was a lot faster than trying to use the manual menues, anyway. Less necessary with a camera that has more controls, but it's just a little programming, and I'm not dead-set against scene modes being there as long as they aren't in the way of anything important. Better yet would be if you could set things up how you'd like for later access. )

I'd still love to see a 'panic button' mode, (configurable 'green' mode would do) where you could set things up to drop out of anything fancy you're doing, engage all automatics, and shoot for later press use, maybe optimized for leaning on the shutter if something suddenly happens. With all this automation, I figure you may as well be able to fire blind when you have need to. )

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 05-16-2009 at 11:29 AM.