Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2009, 05:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Terzof Quote
Yeah, now we will welcome a K20D with a new LCD, new VF, new HD Recorder, new outfit... and also new Price! Possibly double the price!

Congratulation Pentax!
Ofcourse a new price.....
But double????

I just looked up in European prices.
A German vendor, known for his Pentax stuff has a "possible"price tag of € 1500. I doubt they will have taked the risk to go below what is expected.
If we look at K20D, before actual release the same vendor estimated € 1299 ( but that was with kit lens), so make that € 1200 without.

Increase is about the same as we had from K10D to K20D.

Actual proce after release was much lower, depending on where you got it.

05-18-2009, 05:58 AM   #17
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Posted loads of times in megathread.
Mike, Ive seen your photos. Amazing!

I hope one day I can take shots just as good.
05-18-2009, 06:08 AM   #18
RaduA

Yeah, now we will welcome a K20D with a new LCD, new VF, new HD Recorder, new outfit... and also new Price! Possibly double the price!

Congratulation Pentax!
Well I guess then Sony deserves a medal by putting the same internals of A200, 300 and 350 in new cases few mm smaller, cutting 100 grams and some features in process (2.5 fps vs 3 for 230 and 330) and calling that NEW MODELS

Radu
05-18-2009, 06:09 AM   #19
Forum Member

Honestly, I don't know what people are expecting out of this camera from reading these threads.

People's three main complaints with Pentax seem to be FPS, flash sync, and auto focus. Early indications are that FPS is greatly improved and flash sync will be 1/250. Also, they're revamping SAFOX VIII which should bring the auto focus system up to speed. This would basically put it in the same class as competing Canon camera's in this category. Additionally, there's a new imaging system, it's weather sealed, it's slightly smaller and more ruggedized, video (which, love it or hate it, is a new feature a high end camera is expected to have), improved viewfinder, etc.

What it comes down to is that there's nothing WRONG with the K20D. Sometimes I don't get it, it's almost like some people think there's magical camera gnomes in the super high end cameras that magically make these cameras so much better than their more consumer oriented counterparts. Pentax was missing a pro-market/serious nature photog camera in their line up, so they added pro-market features and tweaked out the imaging and AF system. This camera isn't going to compete directly with the D3X or the 50D MKII, but it's also not in the same price range. From what we know, it will directly compete against mid level pro-bodies, both in features and price point. Like it or not, the K20D will still be Pentax's camera that competes with the D90's of the dslr world until the K30D is eventually launched.

Besides, we're Pentaxians because we realize that it's about the quality of the lens, not how much you dump into a body. That's the advantage that we'll always share with Olympus users.

05-18-2009, 06:10 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NothingInCommon Quote
Mike, Ive seen your photos. Amazing!

I hope one day I can take shots just as good.

Thanks, there are a lot on here much better than mine though.
Take a look in the photos section.
05-18-2009, 07:42 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No mention of improved focusing, but I am still hopeful that that will be part of the new package.

Rob
05-18-2009, 07:48 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
No mention of improved focusing, but I am still hopeful that that will be part of the new package.

Rob
Yes, it will

05-18-2009, 07:52 AM   #23
Veteran Member

The K7 with it's rumored specs ( 1/8000, faster fps, 1/250 flash sync, mag alloy, hd video etc ) should command a higher price than the K20D and this is what Pentax did in response to OUR complaints. The AF should be better ( but by how much ) as the KM's is better with just better alogrithms.

The K20D is not the holly grail, it has some weaknesses now over a year from it's initial release, back then it was inline with the competition in it's price range but no any longer, hopefully the K7 will hold it's ground well against future cameras.
05-18-2009, 07:57 AM   #24
Forum Member

I am so excited about this new camera. Shame on me, but originally I was going to go with the Rebel T1i, as it seem to have all the right specs for a cheap price. Once I had the T1i in my hands I realized that low end Canon is not for me and that you get what you pay for. It seems so cheaply built, no offense to Canon fans, but it just is.

I can't wait to get a hold of this K-7. I hope its not too pricey, I don't want to spend more than $1500 USD.
05-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #25
Veteran Member

won't be long before we know all

so , relax and wait
05-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #26
Forum Member

So K7 is an improved K20 with "short" video. Not quite worth the $1500 price tag IMO, compared to the street price of $700 for a K20D here in US.
05-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #27
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by xxxxx Quote
So K7 is an improved K20 with "short" video. Not quite worth the $1500 price tag IMO, compared to the street price of $700 for a K20D here in US.
So because the K-7 (probably) shares (an improved version of) the same sensor with the K20D, that negates the fact that they pretty much rebuilt the rest of the camera from the ground up and packed it full of improved and new features? It's a new camera in a different league than the K20D. So, you're stuck with the same film in the camera, but you can do a heck of a lot more with that film. It's a good sensor and if they reduce the noise at higher ISOs I don't see any reason they bother with changing it.
05-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by xxxxx Quote
I'll make you a deal, you can buy my k20D and I'll get a K-7, sound good?
05-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Posted loads of times in megathread.
Exactly.

My beef is that he is reposting other people's finding and posting WITHOUT giving any credits! And that's a bad no no!

QuoteOriginally posted by vitalsax:
phat tread? yeah right like i'm gonna read all 3.000
Yeah, just pick the few you find interesting and repost it as a new thread....

First you did that to falconeye (without a faint of mention that you stole his post word by word), and you now this.
05-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #30
Forum Member

Congratulation Pentax!
what a drag! you always complain...:ugh:
What do you want from a new Pentax? Coffee?

If K-7 will have a better autofocus really... is already mine. Aesthetically is fantastic.