Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2009, 02:03 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jay Quote
Pentax redesigned the camera so all the buttons can be operated one-handed. You're seriously going to complain about a bracketing button? Many photographers have never touched their bracketing button. (I had to check to see if my K10D actually has one...)
If you don't use it doesn't mean nobody uses it.

Bracketing button is used much more often than RAW button, nevertheless Pentax keeps not very useful RAW button and removes useful bracketing button.

You can vote in this poll if you like:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/60149-raw-bracketi...k10d-k20d.html

I sort of thought bracketing went away with our film spools when we went to digital? I spot-meter and inspect the histogram and rarely have exposure problems. And it's so easy to change shutter speed or aperture with the e-dials, I just assumed people who did bracket would just do that.
You don't do HDR photography, right?

BTW, why do you use your spot meter and check your histogram? Why don't you just use evaluative metering? Everything what Pentax has done is perfect, isn't it?

And the batteries? Were you mad that the K10D used batteries that weren't compatible with the K100D? You *do* realize the K-7 is *not* a replacement for the K20D, right? That'd be like expecting a Canon 1D battery to fit in a 40D -- a camera in a different class. The K-7 has higher-density batteries that are slightly larger -- it seems justifiable in changing the design to accommodate that.
So, if Canon rips off their customers by introducing new incompatible battery with each model, it isn't necessary for Pentax to do that.

An this is my opinion, this is what I don't like about K-7. Call it as you want.

Last edited by Edvinas; 05-19-2009 at 02:10 AM.
05-19-2009, 02:09 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
So, if Canon rips off their customers by introducing new incompatible battery with each model, it isn't necessary for Pentax to do that.
You do realize that 5fps and video demands more from the batteries and that the np400 was already a bit old when Pentax chose it?

Get real !
05-19-2009, 02:20 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
You do realize that 5fps and video demands more from the batteries and that the np400 was already a bit old when Pentax chose it?

Get real !
D-LI90 is 7.4V, 1940mAh
D-LI50 is 7.4V, 1620mAh

Both batteries are of the same voltage. New battery has 20% larger capacity. It will last 20% longer.

Why do they take away oportunity for customers to use their older batteries. Many K10D/K20D owners who will upgrade to K-7 have spare batteries for their cameras. Now they will be forced to pay for overpriced spare batteries again. Simple as that.
05-19-2009, 02:36 AM   #49
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Edvinas, it's 7.2V 1860mAh

Last edited by comet4; 05-19-2009 at 02:41 AM. Reason: attach cropped image
05-19-2009, 03:37 AM   #50

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
Why do they take away oportunity for customers to use their older batteries. Many K10D/K20D owners who will upgrade to K-7 have spare batteries for their cameras. Now they will be forced to pay for overpriced spare batteries again. Simple as that.
Look at picture of bottom of new camera in links in another thread - new battery place is in the right hand grip. Place for SD card is in right hand grip, too. I think that this is the only place were to put battery in new body and there is no place for DL-I 50, because it's too large.
05-19-2009, 03:42 AM   #51
Dom

Every camera has a right to be ugly but the K7 is taking liberties.

The K7 so ugly the government moved Halloween to it's birthday.

The K7 is so ugly, people at the circus pay money not to see it.
05-19-2009, 03:47 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What's wrong with the K-7 thread?

QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
Not that I am going to be part of the bashing but may as well get all the naysayers a place to start, especially since it has already started.
And why would I want to bash a thread?

NaCl(I so enjoy absurdity)H2O

05-19-2009, 04:03 AM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am bothered that this is not a real "green" camera, as it does not come with an optional solar array for power.
05-19-2009, 04:12 AM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
Amazing as it isn't even out yet, no official specs, and no hands-on experience. Like they say, don't knock it til you try it.
Every piece of Pentax gear I have bought I have done sight unseen, based on specs, photos, other peoples' opinions, etc. I don't have the luxury of living in a country with Pentax dealers. So your use of the cliche is meaningless to me. If I did as you said I'd be shooting Nikon.

QuoteOriginally posted by cousinsane Quote
Viewfinder only has 100% coverage? Lame!!! I want 110% !

Seriously, some poster actually said that.
Yes, I said that. But you are the lame one for misquoting me and taking me out of context.

I was talking about the promised camera "with soul" that was designed "for real photographers" and that would be "a new concept." An oversized viewfinder is just one possible feature that would fulfill this, but one with 100% coverage but less magnification than the existing K20D does not. Simple as that!

Oh, and I also said I would reserve final judgement until the camera came out, because the most important thing was IQ. Guess you didn't bother reading that far. Like I said, lame.
05-19-2009, 04:15 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Sure!! That way you can see what's going to enter the frame (ala Leica M...)!!
Well, I am glad there is another photographer out there that knows what I'm talking about.
05-19-2009, 04:47 AM   #56
Veteran Member

I wan't to complain about people calling this camera the K7D, K-7D and other various names. Please people, get with the program, the camera is called:

K-7

05-19-2009, 04:52 AM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
I wan't to complain about people calling this camera the K7D, K-7D and other various names. Please people, get with the program, the camera is called:

K-7

Absolutely!!

But wait! there is more to it than just a number...

the next Pentax camera will be called K-6, the next one K-5 and so on until the countdown hits 0 and then bang! before you know it: Pentax K ultimate FF will be here!!
05-19-2009, 04:58 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Absolutely!!

But wait! there is more to it than just a number...

the next Pentax camera will be called K-6, the next one K-5 and so on until the countdown hits 0 and then bang! before you know it: Pentax K ultimate FF will be here!!
Judging by their current release cycle, that'll take abouuut.. 10 years before it happens.
05-19-2009, 05:16 AM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Well, I am glad there is another photographer out there that knows what I'm talking about.
Yes!

Actually, I think Nikon FF cameras do that when in APS-C mode: the APS-C cropped area appears surrounded by the grayed out FF region and you're then able to anticipate the action ala Leica.
05-19-2009, 05:17 AM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
BASH as in Bourne Again Shell?

Otherwise, I may as well use this thread to complain that K-7 threads are created for no particular reason.

$ exit

Gotta like those spartan prompts! But how come you're not root?

Last edited by jsherman999; 05-19-2009 at 05:32 AM.