Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
No, you can't.
I can

ps. there is a ten character limit and this statement gets me above that.

05-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #137
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
No, you can't.
They better let me do it, they won't want to follow the mistake in K20D again. it is stupid to make ppl wait for another 30 mins after taking a 30 mins exposure for star trail...
05-19-2009, 07:08 PM   #138
Forum Member

Thanks to everyone who read my hands-on and provided kind support. Like yesterday I am on an extremely busy work day here so I can't go into details answering many questions. I have to point out that I am not a beta tester of the K-7 and I no longer have access to the engineering sample that I tried for the hands-on article and pictures. For those of you who want full specs of the K-7, they will come out in exactly 12 hours, that's the official release time. I only had access to the body and do not have any spec sheet. That's why in my hands-on I had to use trials to find out the viewfinder coverage is indeed 100%. There are many things that you can't do with firmware 0.20, such as actual video shooting so I didn't spend that much time trying to figure out why I can't do this or that with this version of the firmware.

A few things that I missed out in the hands-on that I want to let you guys know, remember this relates to the engineering sample and the final spec may change.

1. X-Sync is 1/180s, I do wish that they could do 1/250s here.

2. Shutter and mirror slap sound is very quiet and is easily the quietest of all Pentax DSLRs I've used. I was very pleasantly surprised by this. I believe for 5fps Pentax used a totally new mirror box and mechanism, as well as new shutter. This is now close to the Canon EOS 40D class, perhaps a hair quieter even!

3. There was a menu item for slow shutter NR but with firmware 0.20 the only options are Auto and On, if I recall correctly.

Gotta go back to my conference call now, hope this helps! Let's wait for tonight's official launch guys!

Peter
05-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #139
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Fang Quote

1. X-Sync is 1/180s, I do wish that they could do 1/250s here.
Prays this spec changes prays and prays

05-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #140
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The focusing screen is supposed to be new, and designed for "better manual focus". What do they mean by that? Is it split prism?
05-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #141
Veteran Member

This camera is just so beautiful. Why must I be broke!?
05-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #142
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by song_hm Quote
The focusing screen is supposed to be new, and designed for "better manual focus". What do they mean by that? Is it split prism?
Modern focusing screens have a micro pattern on them that increases the brightness. This is great for for lenses like the 3.5-5.6 kit lens, but it means that at large apertures, like 2.8 or 1.4 the screen will not show an acurate focus.

The image might look to be in focus, but it is not. And if you are shooting a closup at f1.4, your DOF is so narrow, you can easily misfocus.

I expect the micro pattern on the screen has been changed to fix this problem.

Do not expect a split screen.

info:

Manual Focus with AF DSLRs