Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2009, 02:12 AM   #1

Are K-7 leaks good or bad for Pentax?

I have read this morning a little post from Yvon Bourque in his blog, complaining about the fact that pretty much all the specs of the K-7 have been leaked to the net before the official time to release them, so that some people broke their NDA.

I see his point and can understand the frustration of Pentax about it.

But on the other hand, I have seen an unprecedented level of excitation and noise about the K-7, and it seems to me this is good for Pentax because people from other communities are also paying attention to the new camera. So in the end it means good promotion, even in spite of the NDA being non respected.

How do you see it? Those of you involved in forums of other brands, how did the K-7 story work over there?

05-20-2009, 02:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
I have read this morning a little post from Yvon Bourque in his blog, complaining about the fact that pretty much all the specs of the K-7 have been leaked to the net before the official time to release them, so that some people broke their NDA.

I see his point and can understand the frustration of Pentax about it.

But on the other hand, I have seen an unprecedented level of excitation and noise about the K-7, and it seems to me this is good for Pentax because people from other communities are also paying attention to the new camera. So in the end it means good promotion, even in spite of the NDA being non respected.

How do you see it? Those of you involved in forums of other brands, how did the K-7 story work over there?
I saw Ned Burnel the president of Pentax USA leak a picture of the new camera about a month ago.
It is orchestrated leakage IMO.
I also heard a while back that Pentax has hired a real high end Marketing manager. It looks like his work is paying dividend in the K-M and K-7
05-20-2009, 02:35 AM   #3

Original Poster
What you say might be real, who knows. But regardless of such a guy being under contract with Pentax, fact is that K-7 is making loads of rounds in media.