Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2009, 07:50 AM   #16
Veteran Member
krypticide's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,079
So looks like AF assist is still using the built-in flash...according to the press release language.

Looks like all the specs have been leaked, unless Pentax has yet to announce some more features.

05-20-2009, 07:50 AM   #17
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Prince George, BC Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 644
MLU feature on K-7

Looks like Pentax have reworked the MLU feature on the K-7, but not much detail on this. Does anyone know if this will allow the shutter to be tripped when you press the shutter button (or remote release) rather than wait 2 seconds?

Mike.
05-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #18
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,216
QuoteOriginally posted by krypticide Quote
So looks like AF assist is still using the built-in flash...according to the press release language.

Looks like all the specs have been leaked, unless Pentax has yet to announce some more features.
Did you read preview?

To boost low-light AF perfromance, the K-7 gets an AF-assist illumination lamp.
05-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #19
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Madrid - Spain
Posts: 6
QuoteOriginally posted by MikePerham Quote
Looks like Pentax have reworked the MLU feature on the K-7, but not much detail on this. Does anyone know if this will allow the shutter to be tripped when you press the shutter button (or remote release) rather than wait 2 seconds?

Mike.
Seems to, as far as Drive mode options are:

Selects from the different shooting modes:
• Single shot mode
• Continuous Hi (5.2 fps)/Continuous Low (3.3 fps)
• Self-timer: 12/2 sec
• Remote control: Immediate/3 sec delay/Continuous
• Bracketing: Immediate/Timer/Remote (Dials control no. of frames and interval size)
• Mirror Lock-Up: Immediate/Remote

What else for would you need Immediate Mirror Lock-Up ?

05-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #20
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,104
QuoteOriginally posted by NothingInCommon Quote
$1299.95 wow.. cheaper than I expected..

IM SO HAPPY
That is in UK Pounds. £1200 is $2100 in Canada, which is way too rich for my blood. Nice looking camera though. My MZ-5n will live on
05-20-2009, 08:01 AM   #21
Forum Member
Shaloot!'s Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 67
the size comparisons b/w the 50d, d300 and oly are neat! This is a neat little battleship!
05-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #22
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Madrid - Spain
Posts: 6
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
No info about OLED display in VF
Did you know it should have been reported (do you really know it is in the camera), or just expected to?
05-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #23
Forum Member
Shaloot!'s Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 67
and it's werid to read dpreview being so positive about a pentax product.... goodness, they actually like it...?!

05-20-2009, 08:07 AM   #24
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,452
QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
That is in UK Pounds. £1200 is $2100 in Canada, which is way too rich for my blood. Nice looking camera though. My MZ-5n will live on
Uh?

B&H has had it at $1199.95 for a few hours now.
05-20-2009, 08:08 AM   #25
Veteran Member
RBellavance's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Near Montrιal, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,716
QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
That is in UK Pounds. £1200 is $2100 in Canada, which is way too rich for my blood. Nice looking camera though. My MZ-5n will live on
You cannot simply do currency conversions to get the price in another country. For instance, the K-7 is 1200 US$ at B&H...

I'm anxiously awaiting the official Canadian price (which is rumoured to be around 1600-1700CDN$).
05-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #26
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Owego, NY
Posts: 976
Grr... They still haven't fixed the slow-shutter-speed NR problem with the K20D.

The options are "Auto" and "Standard", no "Off" function.

I still need to switch bodies back to the old K10D for fireworks pictures, the forced slow-shutter NR in the K20D makes it unsuitable for fireworks work.
05-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #27
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,104
QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
You cannot simply do currency conversions to get the price in another country. For instance, the K-7 is 1200 US$ at B&H...

I'm anxiously awaiting the official Canadian price (which is rumoured to be around 1600-1700CDN$).
I did the conversion simply ;-)

So I jumped the gun, $1600 Cdn is still a bit much (for my wallet). I won't be able to afford this model unless my wage changes drastically or I win a decent Scratch & Win .
05-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #28
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 38
Reply

OMG, I feel like buying one...
05-20-2009, 08:32 AM   #29
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North San Diego, California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 137
This thing sounds like it is built to hold up to some extreme abuse - I might actually have to break down and buy one (once I see the reviews on the actual production models)

On a side note - my trekkie friend informed me last night that K-7 was the space station from the infamous original Star Trek "Trouble With Tribbles" episode.
05-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #30
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Prince George, BC Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 644
QuoteOriginally posted by garedagmad Quote
Seems to, as far as Drive mode options are:

Selects from the different shooting modes:
• Single shot mode
• Continuous Hi (5.2 fps)/Continuous Low (3.3 fps)
• Self-timer: 12/2 sec
• Remote control: Immediate/3 sec delay/Continuous
• Bracketing: Immediate/Timer/Remote (Dials control no. of frames and interval size)
• Mirror Lock-Up: Immediate/Remote

What else for would you need Immediate Mirror Lock-Up ?
It is not an issue if the mirror locks up immediately, it does now with the 2 second timer, but rather if you can lock the mirror up then release the shutter when you want with out a 2 second delay.

A lot can change with your subject in 2 seconds and I really miss the ability to lock up the mirror then fire the shutter when you want as you could with say the LX and older manual camera's.

Nikon and some others allow you to lock the mirror up with the first pressing of the shutter release and trigger the shutter with a second press. However, you only have 30 seconds to do this then the shutter releases anyway ...still not a good solution.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
dpreview down? jsherman999 General Talk 6 12-14-2009 03:17 PM
Dpreview: Still nothing on K-7!! waqas Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 11-12-2009 02:03 PM
Hello. anyone else on DPREVIEW? agardunia Welcomes and Introductions 5 01-29-2009 03:17 PM
where is dpreview ? gbear General Talk 5 02-22-2007 05:19 PM
Hello, I too am from dpreview Taffy Welcomes and Introductions 2 11-27-2006 02:28 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top