Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Sooo easy to be blase about new things isn't it.

In contrast I think the K7 is a worthy successor to the past high end Pentax camera's...the K10D (I have one) and the K20D.

Metal body, 1/8000th of a second shutter more seals, intro of more weather resistant lenses, movie capability , as one review says quite a competitor for the Nikon D300....the list goes on.

I liked the K20D but I didn't think it offered enough difference to trade in my K10D...the K7....I'd love to have one.

At this point, until I see actual photographic results and an in depth test of a regular production model, not just pre-productions...it's too early to say whether the K7 gets a Gold Star.

But so far all I've read...makes me feel very optimistic about this new machine. I think Pentax may have scored a hat trick (hockey analogy for hitting one out of the park for the non Canadians out there) with the K7....but let's wait and see...after all the reviews and tests are in.
I'd go with that, Lets see the actual photo results. But so far so very good!
Also Hat-trick is a football saying (soccer to the new world) of a footballer scoring 3 in a match. So good analogy. :-)
K30D? Pah! Give me the K-7 and the K-8 (8 is lucky in China) any day.

05-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #17
Inactive Account

K20 wasn't that much of an improvement to the K10 in my eyes..., but I agree with the others - the K-7 is (K10 to K-7). I'm definitely getting a couple of them, but may wait for a few months for the first price drop.

c[_]