Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Because writing 99.999999999999998% takes too long to type (I'll type it this one time though).

c[_]

05-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #32
Forum Member

The nearly I can understand, but why did they completely avoid going in depth with the K7s video mode? I shoot with a 5dmkII and from what I can see controls on the K7s video mode will be far superior, noting aperture control, and better auto exposure control as well as exposure lock. To me this makes the K7 the go to camera for many video shooters, but not mention of these things at DPR, infact the video section was barely a paragraph.
05-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #33
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by joerg Quote
The nearly I can understand, but why did they completely avoid going in depth with the K7s video mode? I shoot with a 5dmkII and from what I can see controls on the K7s video mode will be far superior, noting aperture control, and better auto exposure control as well as exposure lock. To me this makes the K7 the go to camera for many video shooters, but not mention of these things at DPR, infact the video section was barely a paragraph.
The answer to your question is right there on the same page:

Unfortunately, the movie recording mode was not yet finished on the pre-production unit that was loaned to us so we will not be able to represent the movie interface or discuss its capabilities until we receive a production model.

But you're right. The fact that you can set aperture in video already makes the K-7 video better than other options out there, most significantly the much more expensive 5DII.
05-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Robert S Donovan Quote
I usually give 110% at work.
Hypnotist: You are all very good players.
Team: We are all very good players.
Hypnotist: You will beat Shelbyville!
Team: We will beat Shelbyville.
Hypnotist: You will give one hundred and ten percent!
Team: That’s impossible. No one can give more than one hundred percent. By definition that is the most anyone can give.
-The Simpsons, “Homer At the Bat”

05-20-2009, 08:28 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Dpreview can't ever say anything positive about Pentax, I've noticed.
05-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Dpreview can't ever say anything positive about Pentax, I've noticed.
You've been noticing things that aren't there. Or rather, failing to notice things that are. The K100D got a very positive review despite the reviewer's obvious surprise at the categories in which it beats the Canon or Nikon competition. The K10D also got an almost-glowing review, marred by the obsession with Jpeg sharpening — but otherwise, there's plenty of positive things said. The K200D got basically the same treatment (no wonder with the same sensor and fundamentally similar internals). The K20D gets a "Highly Recommended" without qualification, and a lot of other nice things said about it (particularly interspersed with the review.)

And now, the K-7 preview is very positive and has an overall tone of excitement.
05-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
That 'nearly' 100% is still a shit-load more thatn my current K10D, that alone is enough to sell me since I don't already have the K20D. I will own this camera by years end.
Like the new avatar, buddha, you look like a cool cat there!