05-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
I too have some canon and Nikon friends looking into this camera
And maybe they will be looking into the K-7 viewfinder in the near future

05-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just read a topic from DPreview. Apparently two Canon 5D mark 1 users are selling their canon gear to go to Pentax. Looks like the Pentax is getting quite a bit of hype outside of Pentaxforums!
05-21-2009, 08:14 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Time will tell if it will scoop as many awards as the K10, but imagine a Grand Prix K-7.

Also noticed that it's getting some favourable comments from Olympus users on DPR.
05-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #34

All I can say is... I'm really pleased that this camera is available for me to buy for my rapidly growing Pentax system.

IT HAS EVERYTHING I HAVE WISHED FOR IN THE K20D SUCCESSOR AND THEN SOME.

As some others have said, it's almost as if Pentax read this forum, and produced what was being asked for. I'm highly impressed.

05-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #35

The k7 has turned out to be one hell of a camera and I definitely plan to get it for all of the great new features (especially the size/form factor), but the photographer in me still thinks my k10 and 20 do pretty much all I need a camera to do as a photographer

Heck I can be happy with just a ME SUPER in my hands.
05-22-2009, 12:18 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Sounds like marketing....but it is the reviewer;

When it comes to image quality, I honestly feel like kissing the Pentax engineers responsible for the K-7. Although our pre-production unit didn't come with the final firmware, image quality at all ISO settings seems noticeably superior to the K10D or K20D in terms of image noise and color. More importantly, Pentax finally seems to have figured out how to build a camera with extremely accurate white balance. Whether I was shooting under strong incandescent light or horrible mixed lighting conditions the K-7 almost always managed to deliver perfect white balance for accurate color reproduction even with JPEGs.

Pentax K-7 First Thoughts
05-22-2009, 01:39 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The improved white balance is something that I will really, really appreciate. There's a whole bunch of very usefull new features too (although I couldn't care less for FPS), meaning that I will definitely get this camera as soon as my finances allow. The only thing missing for me is GPS support but maybe this can be had with a special grip or something in the future?

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote

When it comes to image quality, I honestly feel like kissing the Pentax engineers responsible for the K-7. Although our pre-production unit didn't come with the final firmware, image quality at all ISO settings seems noticeably superior to the K10D or K20D in terms of image noise and color. More importantly, Pentax finally seems to have figured out how to build a camera with extremely accurate white balance. Whether I was shooting under strong incandescent light or horrible mixed lighting conditions the K-7 almost always managed to deliver perfect white balance for accurate color reproduction even with JPEGs.

05-22-2009, 02:16 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GLXLR Quote
Just read a topic from DPreview. Apparently two Canon 5D mark 1 users are selling their canon gear to go to Pentax. Looks like the Pentax is getting quite a bit of hype outside of Pentaxforums!
Do you have a link to the thread ? (I haven’t been paying too close attention in DPr lately).

I did notice however that the K7 is the most clicked camera at DPr.

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Thanks for the link, hadn't seen.

WB has not been a big problem for me, I usually just set it for Tungsten, when indoors. But when encountering multiple and different light sources, I can ofcause welcome improvements.