Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2009, 09:31 AM   #31

When you have large area of cloudy sky, a +.5 EV compensation is a pretty standard thing to do.

05-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #32
Inactive Account

So maybe it underexposes consistently by 1/3 stop. If so, what's the big deal? If it's consistent, just add +1/3 EC and you're set. I've done this on every Canon I've owned since the 1D Mark II. It's inconsistent exposure that is a real show-stopper. Hopefully the K-7 won't have that.

Agree completely with the comment about early samples being pretty much worthless. First samples are always overanalyzed, and people attribute any image flaws to the camera rather than the photographer or the processing. It's the same no matter what camera, and for all brands. Every new camera has to go through this. It's almost a rite of passage.

Having said that, I find nothing particularly troubling about these samples. Never thought ISO 100 would be the main battlefield anyway. I'm waiting for some high ISO samples myself.
05-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkpotter Quote
Where's the beef? Where are the high iso samples?
But you just won't see any official high ISO samples. It does not exist in Pentax Japan web site for any cameras. If you want high ISO samples, wait for K-7 release. And since the sensor is not a brand new design, so most people are not too worried about its performance. It will be better than K20D - it's only a matter whether it is a small improvement or a significant one.
05-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #34
Veteran Member

I think that the amount of detail in the shadows and the highlights are impressing

05-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The K20D gets similar levels of detail, whats surprising is the lack of noise in the shadows!!!

I do notice the grain in all the images, almost texture like and it's very consistant, still deciding if this is a good thing or not, will need to see i iso samples tho.
05-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #36
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by GoldenWreckedAngle Quote
The only thing more predictable than Rice High overstating a handful of Pentax flaws at every opportunity is a handful of Pentax Forum members overstating Rice High's flaws at every opportunity.
And I guess you must be full of p.c. assuming that RH just cannot be biased and/or wrong most of the time. And sorry if couple of weeks of hyping K-7 (with the OBVIOUS purpose of boosting the traffic for his lame blog) cannot erase from many people minds the very fact that RH is a very biased person. Besides it is acceptable to suggest that some are *fanboys* and the critics are *just objective*. I think not!

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Ha, ha ...
Well said.
You used to be quite an interesting fellow but now you're just too concern not to "blend" with the general population here. Did DA* 55 scared you for life?

Radu
05-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #37
Veteran Member

65% fill light in LR2. Just too see how noise worked out

Full size: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3362/3552214940_3e547848ac_o.jpg

05-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Come on guys, no bashing of Rice.

Rice is a critic and a harsh one at that but that is a good thing especially since Pentax seems to listen to him sometimes. As for the Fan boys I am a fan boy myself but lets not turn this into beat up on anyone thread.
05-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
Come on guys, no bashing of Rice.

Rice is a critic and a harsh one at that but that is a good thing especially since Pentax seems to listen to him sometimes. As for the Fan boys I am a fan boy myself but lets not turn this into beat up on anyone thread.
what Pentax listened to was losing 200,000 units of sales (or whatever). Unless RH cancelled his 100000 unit order I doubt if they really listened to HIM. It's called taking yourself too seriously. Besides if they listened to him they would have changed things LONG before this
05-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #40
Veteran Member

LOL ^ Yup!
05-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
And I guess you must be full of p.c. assuming that RH just cannot be biased and/or wrong most of the time. And sorry if couple of weeks of hyping K-7 (with the OBVIOUS purpose of boosting the traffic for his lame blog) cannot erase from many people minds the very fact that RH is a very biased person. Besides it is acceptable to suggest that some are *fanboys* and the critics are *just objective*. I think not!

You used to be quite an interesting fellow but now you're just too concern not to "blend" with the general population here. Did DA* 55 scared you for life?

Radu
P.C. ? As in Political Correctness? I don't think that I've implied that R.H. was, is or ever will be right about anything. I've just noticed that most people who take advantage of every opportunity to bash on him are seemingly blind to a few flaws of their own.
05-21-2009, 07:08 PM   #42
Veteran Member

"lame blog"

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote

Radu
NO Person on Earth is NOT Biased - we all have our own thinkings and opinions!

And, my "lame blog"'s traffic need not to be boosted - it has been the highest Alexa and Google ranking Pentax Blog since 2008! In fact, the traffic of my Pentax blog alone exceeds quite some of the official websites of Pentax at some countries/regions.

Just accept the *facts* or not. Just go find out the evidence yourself if not believed!

I share my interests and views at my blog. And if it is popular, there must be some good reasons. You can write your own and see if people will go visit. Blaming me for having a blog and write and share there is just something rather strange and almost unexplainable.

To explain your strange behaviour (and many other people like you as well), there is only one reason: you guys don't want to see any different opinions, or, just any "negative" opinions about Pentax, to put it straight foward!
05-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
what Pentax listened to was losing 200,000 units of sales (or whatever). Unless RH cancelled his 100000 unit order I doubt if they really listened to HIM. It's called taking yourself too seriously. Besides if they listened to him they would have changed things LONG before this
For the days Pentax didn't listen to me and reacted and rectify their problems, their sales had been declining from year to year! Now, I guess they have done something right and I bet the sales will go up again!

I recall last time you continuously wrote everywhere and repeatedly, including at my blog, that the sales would remain unchanged no matter what I write at my blog and on the internet. So why now you've changed your tone? :-)
05-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Hummm rice, Jeffkrol come on now lets play nice.
05-21-2009, 07:29 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Eh, the first picture is not mindblowing. I'm more impressed with my K20D+50mm 1.7 wide open, and it costs ~$1200 less! On paper the features are impressive, but the most important thing for a camera are the pictures that it takes. I will reserve final judgement until after the first wave of production models is out and most bugs are worked out.