Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2009, 02:56 AM   #91
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ddhytz Quote
Maybe you want to consider that as those samples all have +0.3EV to +0.7EV exposure compensation!
Oh, no, I don't want to repeat that again! If Pentax do not cure the problem this time, I shall not buy the K-7!

05-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #92
Pentaxian

Yes, yes, we know the story, an endless series of messages on your blog (with an appropriate amount of flooding on all the forums you're still allowed to post on) stating that a Pentax camera should overexpose, just because you want it - and how your 5D is sooo much better.
Go away.
05-23-2009, 03:20 AM   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UK-K20-User Quote
Now they look nice
I can forgive for photo #1 because she is so pretty, but the other photos just STINK

Rui
05-23-2009, 03:28 AM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Be realistic

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Yes, yes, we know the story, an endless series of messages on your blog (with an appropriate amount of flooding on all the forums you're still allowed to post on) stating that a Pentax camera should overexpose, just because you want it - and how your 5D is sooo much better.
Go away.
I think that RiceHigh is just about right. For a brand like Pentax the expectations are so high that they should have been more careful picking a handful of images to show, wouldn't you? In an overall appreciation those are stinking. I could forgive #1 'cause she's pretty and as you can see my judgment became biased on this one. Be realistic.

Rui

05-23-2009, 03:34 AM   #95
Pentaxian

RuiC, I agree with this: they should have been more carefully. They should realize people will not print those images, but pixel peep them to death. For this, very true, they stink.
But RiceHigh is talking about exposure metering, and that's another story. Can you honestly say the K-7 is not metering properly, based on those samples?
05-23-2009, 03:35 AM   #96
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
I think that RiceHigh is just about right. For a brand like Pentax the expectations are so high that they should have been more careful picking a handful of images to show, wouldn't you? In an overall appreciation those are stinking. I could forgive #1 'cause she's pretty and as you can see my judgment became biased on this one. Be realistic.

Rui
They should have let me use the K7 for one of my Fashion shoots that would actually be published...
05-23-2009, 03:39 AM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
So, they (Pentax) intended to cheat??

Too bad.. And, pls teach us how to see the info *deep* inside the EXIF!

05-23-2009, 03:46 AM   #98
Veteran Member

Go away.
Nope, you're totally wrong. Just the 300D had been so much better than any Pentax DSLRs up till now, as far as exposure and metering accuracy is concerned!

I hope the K-7 would be different. Thats my own hope.

And, no one forces you to read or even to respond to my posts, you can go away *yourself*!
05-23-2009, 03:49 AM   #99
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jaad75 Quote
Oh, I see. You have an eagle eye and careful mind, I must say. Brilliant!

But too bad that Pentax's people have cheated. I always hate people who are inhonest!

WHY they had to edit the EXIF data if it is not so?? They should have to wait for the production firmware out before they posted the samples. Posting beta samples and cheated Pentaxians those are production ones is silly and ridiculous, which will only hurt themselves!
05-23-2009, 03:53 AM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
They should have let me use the K7 for one of my Fashion shoots that would actually be published...
You're getting to the point Ben. I believe they could have turned a little better.
05-23-2009, 04:01 AM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RuiC, I agree with this: they should have been more carefully. They should realize people will not print those images, but pixel peep them to death. For this, very true, they stink.
But RiceHigh is talking about exposure metering, and that's another story. Can you honestly say the K-7 is not metering properly, based on those samples?
To be honest I only wanted to bash those photo qualities. As for metering, you'll always have to adjust EV, either on the camera or in PS. But maybe it is a bit earlier to make assumptions. Anyway metering is part of the IQ.

Rui
05-23-2009, 04:17 AM   #102
Pentaxian

RuiC: true, it's still early to make assumptions. But from those samples, metering doesn't look bad (it's OK also on my K20D).
I would join you in bashing the samples, but I'll wait for better ones (with final hardware/firmware) instead.

RiceHigh: "I always hate people who are inhonest! " - so , you hate yourself? Like, hmm... leaking info on your blog in order to generate traffic, pretending you're impressed with the new camera and now "finding out" it's not metering "properly", i.e. it's not overexposing without using +0.3EV?
The "300D *was* so much better" is also a lie. And not having a clue about how current Pentax cameras behaves is not an excuse.
Btw, you posting here is like someone in a room full of people shouting nonsense. It's you the one who must go away (as it happened on other forums). Hopefully, when you will go full speed ahead with your usual routine (Pentax bashing on your blog, flooding this forum with links - do I have to say it?) the admin will decide it's enough.
05-23-2009, 04:35 AM   #103
Veteran Member

RiceHigh: "I always hate people who are inhonest! " - so , you hate yourself? Like, hmm... leaking info on your blog in order to generate traffic, pretending you're impressed with the new camera and now "finding out" it's not metering "properly",
So, here you go again. If you do not have any evidence, don't make any defamation on me further!

Every Pentaxian was talking about the new K since later April, why I am alone could not post what I heard and knew at my blog?

Mind you that I had and have no NDA with Pentax and I have no relationship of any kind with them, directly or indirectly. So, whats the problem? You were the only one whom did not discuss the new K during the period?

I am not "pretended" to be impressed with the K-7. The K-7 is really impressive - nothing arguable here. But then whether it will be really living up to the hypes would be another story, practically.

Don't put words on my mouth and put so many guilts on me unethically further, this only hurts your own integrity and image.

QuoteQuote:
i.e. it's not overexposing without using +0.3EV?
The "300D *was* so much better" is also a lie. And not having a clue about how current Pentax cameras behaves is not an excuse.
I have used any Pentax DSLR ever produced and many people has reported about the problems of their metering system (and AF as well). If you do not have any problem with your K20D, thats fine. But that will not change what my opinions and others as well for those who have found problems.

QuoteQuote:
Btw, you posting here is like someone in a room full of people shouting nonsense. It's you the one who must go away (as it happened on other forums). Hopefully, when you will go full speed ahead with your usual routine (Pentax bashing on your blog, flooding this forum with links - do I have to say it?) the admin will decide it's enough.
That would be my last repsonse to you. I found that to "discuss" with people like you is of real "nonsense" and just a waste of my valuable time!
05-23-2009, 08:33 AM   #104
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All photos from Pentax.jp are made in M mode.
Developed in in-camera converter.

FIRST PHOTO

Quality SuperFine
Saturation 0
Hue 0
Key 0
Sharpness -2
Contrast 0

Third photo
F10 and 1/13. Strong wind.
I bet F10 of DA12-24 is worse than F4.

The photo with car is not bad.

Why do you think that photos from in-camera RAW converter should be OUTSTANDING? Is it SUPER program?

Why do you think that in-camera RAW converter better than ACR/LR/RAW THERAPY/С1?
05-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #105
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Or +0.7EV??

My *ist D and K100D needed to be compensated from -0.5 to +1.5EV for quite some "normal" scenes, although I set them to +0.5 most of the time with DA lenses. So, what should I do? I really don't want the K-7 to be such again!

My 5D and my Canon/Nikon DSLRs at work don't have similar problem, why almost all Pentax DSLRs I have used (including the K20) alone should do more frequent compensations and in larger values? The K-m is a bit better but problem is still there.
Then why don't you just use your perfect Canons, and leave us horrible Pentax users alone?