Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
as much as i want one...i have to wait. i just got laid off, so im not spending anything on anything right now.

only way i'd remotely consider it is if i either got re-employed very quickly (unlikely
or if my mom's house finally sold and i recieved my inheritance. otherwise, ill be content with my k10d for a while

05-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #47
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by David Glazebrook Quote
At Teds in Oz its showing up as $1999 inc 18-55mm ... Im guessing that is RRP ... Im hoping that if I wait for a few months after release it will drop a couple hundred dollars ...

Pentax K7/Pentax DA18-55mm Kit - Ted's Camera Stores Australia

If you want to have a look.

David
The Camera Warehouse site in Oz have the K-7 body only at $1579 and the body with the 18-55 kit lens at $1809

Pentax K7 | Camera-Warehouse
05-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pre-order

I have placed my order, effective January 30, 2010, in my Day Planner.

In the interim I will depreciate my K10D another 6000 clicks and buy 12 more manual lenses that I want but don't need.

Then I will sell everything, buy the K-7 and the three FA Limiteds, and ride off into the sunset.

and start buying back all the K glass and Tammys. Don't tell my wife.

Last edited by monochrome; 05-22-2009 at 08:16 PM.
05-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Ah, but in addition to his K20D, which is still current, he's still got his Nikon to play with...
unfortunately your K10D is already discontinued so already you're behind the curve
The price for the K-7 simply won't drop that fast, not with the pent up demand for it.

This is true on the first two counts, and may be true on the third.

If I had a K100D, I wouldn't wait. K10D, maybe.

I bought the K20D the first day it was available at B&H, paid $1299, and didn't regret it one tiny bit - I was able to spend the spring and summer of '08 shooting with the best camera in it's class. Went on a trip across the American west that showed me how great that camera (and the DA* zooms!) are.

I have a Nikon D90, K20D, and a bunch of good glass to play with - if I didn't, I'd already have a K-7 on order, yer darn tootin'.

05-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #50
Veteran Member

I spent months working in a restaurant when I was 15 to buy a new ME Super and I remember how big of a deal it was when I went down to buy it. I waited until just before the k20d was announced before buying the k10d, and waited until last december to buy the k20d. I just preordered the K-7...I hope I appreciate it as much as I did my previous cameras. Either way, it's all good.
05-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #51

First time posting here. I've been following the K-7 rumors and news very closely, and like you, I too got the K-7 bug and pre-ordered a K-7 with grip at McBain Camera today. Surprisingly they only take my name down without taking any deposit (maybe because I have been their customer for a while. While the price quoted is a bit more ($1599 for the body and $279 for the grip) compared to the Camera Store in Calgary ($100 and $20 less respectively), McBain said that they will adjust and match any price when the order arrives. Hope I don't get bump out because of no deposit. So far I've been happy with them every single time.

Doanh
05-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Doanh Quote
First time posting here. I've been following the K-7 rumors and news very closely, and like you, I too got the K-7 bug and pre-ordered a K-7 with grip at McBain Camera today. Surprisingly they only take my name down without taking any deposit (maybe because I have been their customer for a while. While the price quoted is a bit more ($1599 for the body and $279 for the grip) compared to the Camera Store in Calgary ($100 and $20 less respectively), McBain said that they will adjust and match any price when the order arrives. Hope I don't get bump out because of no deposit. So far I've been happy with them every single time.

Doanh
Welcome aboard! It's a great group here and you'll have to post a few pics when it shows up.

05-22-2009, 11:23 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
I wonder how many have actually already pulled the trigger on a pre-order?

Or should I have left this thread to vitalsax to start? ;-)
Patience was never my virtue
so i pre odered with Amazon and got on the waiting list with BH photo, who ever gets in touch with me first WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
05-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by MikePerham Quote
Just noticed ...Henry's (Canadian retailer) showed a price of $1499.99 when I preorderd yesterday, when the availability first showed up. Today, just 24 hours later, the price is shown as $1599.99 ...interesting!
Hi Mike,

Have you actually paid for your camera, yet?? If not, let's hope they will honour the
$1499 price that they originally quoted you.

Cheers,

Jack
05-27-2009, 08:00 AM   #55

A friend in another forum (not here, on a french site) is organizing a group buy with a well-known resaler in France. I'm not sure how much of a discount we'll get but with 13-14 people, we can hope for something. So +1 from me.
05-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Did *I* Do That?

Sigh... I caved in and preordered the K-7 at 3am this morning with Adorama. Also ordered a '40 Limited so I'd have something new to play with 'till the K-7 gets here.

I went from having zero interest in the K-7 to 'gotta-buy-it' in a matter of minutes. Don't know exactly why.

Note to self: Never leave laptop next to bed when insomnia is likely...
05-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #57
Veteran Member

Preordered it here in sweden in the beginning of the week, 1630$ here. (12800 kr)

To bad a m42 voigtlander 125/2.5 popped onto ebay at aprox the same time Well, guess my LBA have to wait :P
05-28-2009, 07:50 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OregonJim Quote
Sigh... I caved in and preordered the K-7 at 3am this morning with Adorama. Also ordered a '40 Limited so I'd have something new to play with 'till the K-7 gets here.

I went from having zero interest in the K-7 to 'gotta-buy-it' in a matter of minutes. Don't know exactly why.

Note to self: Never leave laptop next to bed when insomnia is likely...
You read the topic where inside K-7 package there will be a Lens rebate thingy, right?
05-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #59
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Been thinking about it, but then...

QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
I wonder how many have actually already pulled the trigger on a pre-order?

Or should I have left this thread to vitalsax to start? ;-)
I remember all the hassles I've had being an 'early' adopter of digital devices, and my common sense takes over. Not to mention the price drops in the first two or three months of any life-cycle.

I'll wait till the bugs are out - let's hope they are few and are easily fixed.

That is one GORGEOUS camera, though, and it is definitely time to take the jump now that we know the AF has had some serious improvements. 100% viewfinder...mirror lockup...magnesium (anti-static) housing...

Hope all those lens rumours are true, as well. A 135 Limited....DFA*50 F1! Yow! Pentax would truly be back with a VENGEANCE if all this is true...just need some big glass for the sports guys. DFA* 250-600 F4 anyone? With a 1.4-1.7-2x click-stop zoom converter...

This is beginning to look like the renaissance that overtook Apple at the turn of the millenia, right after the dark, dark days of 1998-2001 when they were teetering on bankruptcy. I kept the faith with them.

Note to self - buy Pentax/Hoya stock now...lots of it!

Cheers,
Cameron
05-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #60
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote

This is beginning to look like the renaissance that overtook Apple at the turn of the millenia, right after the dark, dark days of 1998-2001 when they were teetering on bankruptcy. I kept the faith with them.

Note to self - buy Pentax/Hoya stock now...lots of it!

Cheers,
Cameron
Good point. I do see similarity in Pentax and Apple.

I said on another forum: "If popular things were good, I'd be running Winblows, and shooting Canon"

Can't buy stock though, I've invested everything in their inventory..... LOL