Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
lukey, maybe just organize the groupbuy in OCAU and have the PF members join up? we need more pentaxians in ocau anyway

05-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #47

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by xhanatos Quote
lukey, maybe just organize the groupbuy in OCAU and have the PF members join up? we need more pentaxians in ocau anyway
And the admins there are really cool.

bazz.
05-21-2009, 05:10 PM   #48
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yeah I was going to tell anyone here interested to do this anyways . Oh and Bazz, I hear the admins there smell funny. Ho ho ho. (please don't ban me)

For the record guys, OCAU has a great forum section dedicated to photography, Overclockers Australia Photography Forums.

And the thread i'm going to be keeping official tabs in will be:
Pentax K-7 Group Buy Thread

So if anyone interested signs up and heads over there put your name down if you're keen. Xhanatos and sir_bazz are clearly already members there :P. It's a great little community, not enough Pentaxians there though, we need to crush CANIKON! And for that, WE NEED YOU!

(sorry got carried away)
05-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #49
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by schmik Quote
BTW, CRK sell to the public anyway. They will price match the online shops from overseas. For those reasons it is certainly worth asking them.

What sort of numbers are we talking? 10, 20?

mike
Yeah CRK is where I plan to start, gives a good indication on what will be the general stance on this. I am hoping Vanbar will get involved as they're a sponsor for us over on the OCAU forums and visit it every day, great for communication purposes.

I'm hoping at the very least 10, which seems to be happening fairly quickly. And 15k or so is hardly a number to scoff at. BUT, if we could get 20, then I reckon we'd be getting somewhere. That would be like 27-30k or so put through, any shop is going to be happy with that. Just depends on what the mark-up is like on them really, and how much room they have to move in price...

05-22-2009, 12:48 AM   #50

Organising through OCAU = easiest. Running two threads is going to cause some grief.

Oh hallo.
05-22-2009, 03:09 AM   #51
Veteran Member

I can't sign up to OCAU - (I only have a free email account) - what's the reason for no free email accounts?
05-22-2009, 04:20 AM   #52
Veteran Member

Free email.... dunno.

If people on here are keen and can't join OCAU, then please PM me.

The latest from there is my post as below:----------------------

believe that is a count of 10 or 11.

Lukey, I am happy to tally it all up and help in any way.

#################################
#
# READ ME
# Everyone, please PM me your wish list and location.
# Please let me know how committed you are.
# Please let me know if you are willing to leave a deposit, assuming we find an acceptable method for this.
#
#################################

cheers
mike
05-22-2009, 04:30 AM   #53
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dazman Quote
I can't sign up to OCAU - (I only have a free email account) - what's the reason for no free email accounts?
Yeah dunno about that. I just used my internet given one I use for nothing else .

Send either myself or Schmik a message if you're keen. Please don't double up and say yes on each forum though. So far Vanbar is crunching some numbers so we'll see what they say in the next few days. I will likely also give a few other places a call as at the very least we have 10 or so orders keen as right now.

Would like to get it closer to 20 though so if you're keen have to either sign up over there or shoot us a pm here and i'll jot you down.

Cheers!

05-22-2009, 05:52 AM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lukey Quote
Yeah dunno about that. I just used my internet given one I use for nothing else .

Send either myself or Schmik a message if you're keen. Please don't double up and say yes on each forum though. So far Vanbar is crunching some numbers so we'll see what they say in the next few days. I will likely also give a few other places a call as at the very least we have 10 or so orders keen as right now.

Would like to get it closer to 20 though so if you're keen have to either sign up over there or shoot us a pm here and i'll jot you down.

Cheers!
Thanks bud. PM sent to you.
05-22-2009, 06:33 AM   #55

QuoteOriginally posted by James S Quote
I have a contact inside Teds in town so I should be able to get it a bit cheaper.

Incidentally they list it with kit lens for 1699.
I wish ...

Teds _$1999.95

Pentax K7/Pentax DA18-55mm Kit - Ted's Camera Stores Australia
05-22-2009, 06:43 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Maybe their price is a misprint like their quoted max shutter speed

To be honest I thought if it was around or under 2 k I would get it.

Neil
05-22-2009, 06:47 AM   #57
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
Maybe their price is a misprint like their quoted max shutter speed

To be honest I thought if it was around or under 2 k I would get it.

Neil
me too. I have lenses, so I ordered one already - body only.

Christmas IS coming early this year
05-22-2009, 06:54 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eagle Quote
me too. I have lenses, so I ordered one already - body only.

Christmas IS coming early this year

Yeh me to on the lenses and Xmas, All my lenses are pentax fast glass including zooms and 2 x fa limited primes. Cannot wait to have them on the K-7
yet to order.. but looking at Teds

Neil
05-22-2009, 07:27 AM   #59
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ted's was looking good till they jacked up the price (likely because everyone is interested in it no doubt).

I'm not willing to pay 2 grand for it, blows my budget out massively.
05-22-2009, 07:29 AM   #60
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
Yeh me to on the lenses and Xmas, All my lenses are pentax fast glass including zooms and 2 x fa limited primes. Cannot wait to have them on the K-7
yet to order.. but looking at Teds

Neil
I went to Photo Continental @ $1639 for the body.
Rainers Camera House in Bris has very good service too, I've bought from them before, don't know if they have priced it yet or not.

I shoot low light, moving objects on a monthly basis, so I seriously cant wait for the K7! Even ONE more useable stop of ISO and ANY improvement in AF, makes this a must for me.

I don't have any FA limiteds, though was looking at a 77 before the announcement of the K7. My Sigma APO DG EX 50 - 150 f/2.8 is outstanding on the 200D, so can't wait to screw it onto the K7!