Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2009, 06:02 AM   #91
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Trouble is...Mt Gravatt.

Used to be the largest photographic shop in the Southern Hemisphere, back in the eighties when they still sold cameras o'er in East Brisbane. Now, I do believe it's one of the largest scrapbooking stores south of the equator.

Do not, under any circumstances, walk in there with a Pentax around your neck. Even if you ask for service, no one'll give it to you. "Oh, um, look: I've just finished my masters in fine art from QCA, and my time is far, far too important to waste on someone who can't even buy a proper camera."

I do believe, when I was in there last year, their entire Pentax display consisted of two Sigma lenses, a K10D, an FA lens, and a black perspex Pentax stand.
Yeah, they don't carry a lot of Pentax stock, but I don't know who does? It makes sense to carry stock proportionate to market share. But they are helpful.

Can't knock Rainers either, their service is awesome. I rang PC and rainers for a price on a lens, and by the time PC rang me back with a price, rainers had ordered it and I was on my way to pick it up. They seem to have a good relationship with CR Kennedy.

05-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #92
Inactive Account

re: pricing

guys, is there a price for the k-7 yet, or is there anyone to speak to about taking part in a mass purchase? i'm interested in a body and maybe a grip depending on costs.
05-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #93
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by eagle Quote
Can't knock Rainers either, their service is awesome. I rang PC and rainers for a price on a lens, and by the time PC rang me back with a price, rainers had ordered it and I was on my way to pick it up. They seem to have a good relationship with CR Kennedy.
Nah, neither can I.

If you're ever back in there, say hi to Mick for me. They sold me my first Pentax, when I asked for something that was inexpensive, but decent. (Canon consumer DSLRs are most certainly not decent.)

If you don't mind walking, you could always walk back and forth between Ted's and Rainers...getting the price quotes knocked further and further down.
05-28-2009, 11:20 PM   #94
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Nah, neither can I.

If you're ever back in there, say hi to Mick for me. They sold me my first Pentax, when I asked for something that was inexpensive, but decent. (Canon consumer DSLRs are most certainly not decent.)

If you don't mind walking, you could always walk back and forth between Ted's and Rainers...getting the price quotes knocked further and further down.
You should start a group order based (Pentax post) on the best price from Ted's or Rainers (winner takes all)......invite them to check out the forum link and offer the best price for a bulk order....

05-29-2009, 06:12 AM   #95
Veteran Member

So any more news yet? I'm starting to get an itchy preordering finger from the DCW price
05-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #96
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
So any more news yet? I'm starting to get an itchy preordering finger from the DCW price
Yup, there was an update today. Please visit Overclockers Australia Forums
06-01-2009, 02:26 AM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by xhanatos Quote
Yup, there was an update today. Please visit Overclockers Australia Forums
I'm not able to sign up with Overclockers...can you post the update information here as well please.