Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2009, 01:54 AM   #76
Inactive Account

Please add me to the list for body only

05-25-2009, 01:56 AM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ninja20 Quote
I've got some good prices for the k7. Sorry can't post them here or who I work for. It's a large retailer and I'm only posting here personally, not on behalf of who I work for. But if someone involved in the group buy wants to email me I may be able to help out and can give them further details.

Maybe you need to edit your ealier post if you want to keep names out of it.

I would be interested if the price is right and its not grey market.

cheers

Neil
05-25-2009, 04:02 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nulla, good catch.

BTW, Ninja, I sent you a PM. I don't think I can email you through here.

cheers
mike
05-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #79
Forum Member

Original Poster
After talking with CRK as well as a few other retailers the stock status doesn't look overly great guys. I'm still trying to work some magic on the group buy, mostly to try and secure us stock!

Meanwhile, what's going on with the battery grip?....

Luke Glendenning’s Blog Blog Archive Pentax K-7 - Stock landing in Australia…

05-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #80
Inactive Account

Hmm. CRK are notoriously bad in supporting Pentax (in fact, they do a better job of flogging Sigma glass.)

They don't know how many sales they lose because there wasn't stock in the store to show a potential customer, or because the customer couldn't wait 2 weeks while the store ordered them in. I imagine that previous Australian sales will influence Pentax in its stock distribution.

Man, I'd love to jump on board with the mass purchase thingy, but it looks like I'm probably gonna need some sort of payment plan...
05-26-2009, 11:55 PM   #81
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K7/Pentax DA18-55mm Kit - Ted's Camera Stores Australia

I thought Ted's price was OK, but that Photocontinental quote's quite attractive, given the US exchange rate.

Enjoy waiting!
05-27-2009, 01:04 AM   #82
Veteran Member

hey Lukey, contact Ned Bunnell. maybe he can hook us up

05-27-2009, 01:25 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Teds has a great deal on the Samsung gx20 for those interested or looking at the K20..was in a store today picking up enlargements.

Samsung GX20/18-55mm Kit
On Special

Now On Sale $1,199.95................

No I have no connections with Teds

Photo Continental is based where?

Cheers

Neil
05-27-2009, 02:05 AM   #84
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote

No I have no connections with Teds

Photo Continental is based where?
Photo Continental is in Mt Gravatt, Qld.

Largest photographic shop in the southern hemisphere, as far as I know.
05-27-2009, 02:43 AM   #85
Veteran Member

Thanks Eagle
05-27-2009, 11:43 PM   #86
Inactive Account

Trouble is...Mt Gravatt.

Used to be the largest photographic shop in the Southern Hemisphere, back in the eighties when they still sold cameras o'er in East Brisbane. Now, I do believe it's one of the largest scrapbooking stores south of the equator.

Do not, under any circumstances, walk in there with a Pentax around your neck. Even if you ask for service, no one'll give it to you. "Oh, um, look: I've just finished my masters in fine art from QCA, and my time is far, far too important to waste on someone who can't even buy a proper camera."

I do believe, when I was in there last year, their entire Pentax display consisted of two Sigma lenses, a K10D, an FA lens, and a black perspex Pentax stand.
05-28-2009, 01:42 AM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Trouble is...Mt Gravatt.

Used to be the largest photographic shop in the Southern Hemisphere, back in the eighties when they still sold cameras o'er in East Brisbane. Now, I do believe it's one of the largest scrapbooking stores south of the equator.

Do not, under any circumstances, walk in there with a Pentax around your neck. Even if you ask for service, no one'll give it to you. "Oh, um, look: I've just finished my masters in fine art from QCA, and my time is far, far too important to waste on someone who can't even buy a proper camera."

I do believe, when I was in there last year, their entire Pentax display consisted of two Sigma lenses, a K10D, an FA lens, and a black perspex Pentax stand.
if thats the case I will stick with Teds cameras, might be a little more but with a newly released camera I want support and customer service. I know well all the guys at my local Teds and often get enlargements done... they are a good bunch.

Neil
05-28-2009, 03:07 AM   #88
James S

PC aren't that bad..

I've gone in there and the guy I spoke to - appeared to be a manager of some sort was helpful and said they were happy to order something if they didn't have it! They did have pretty good stock of remotes and flashes and a few lenses.

Last time they had a K20D, Km, DA 18-250, DA 10-17, DA 18-55 a Sigma 50-500 and Tamron 70-200 (Surprisingly!) They also had about 4 K20s and Km's (each) in stock. Don't totally discount them, and I'm sure they will get K-7's in.

Teds is good if they have it in stock, but seem to be reluctant to order it if it's not C&N but then they have all that in stock. Rainers 3 shops down from Teds is pretty good and have pretty good service.
05-28-2009, 04:11 AM   #89
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
if thats the case I will stick with Teds cameras, might be a little more but with a newly released camera I want support and customer service. I know well all the guys at my local Teds and often get enlargements done... they are a good bunch.

Neil

Neil, if you are in Melbourne why don't you try cameraaction and Digitalcamerawarehouse? they have quite enough there

Teds pricing policy sometime very nice but sometime out of the place
05-28-2009, 05:34 AM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by XATN3q Quote
Neil, if you are in Melbourne why don't you try cameraaction and Digitalcamerawarehouse? they have quite enough there

Teds pricing policy sometime very nice but sometime out of the place
From my experience, Michaels price matches digital camera warehouse. I've done it twice.

Teds wouldn't budge!