Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2009, 10:51 AM   #16
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by IsaacEastgate Quote
Binoculars UK Ltd. Pentax K-7

syndicated again.

P.S. £1200??? thats over 30% more than they are paying across the pond.
it should be more like £900
I think these prices are meaningless and speculative. ABC digital Cameras in the Uk are showing a price of £1199.99. Tellingly, SRS Microsystems (one of only three UK retailers who buy direct from Pentax and not through a distributor) have not announced a price.

05-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
That's great. It's a pity SRSm.. doesn't sell outside UK.
They do ship outside UK. On of this forum member had picked a DA 10-17 from SRS and shipped it to Germany.

QuoteOriginally posted by Delgado Quote
I think these prices are meaningless and speculative. ABC digital Cameras in the Uk are showing a price of £1199.99. Tellingly, SRS Microsystems (one of only three UK retailers who buy direct from Pentax and not through a distributor) have not announced a price.
Who are the other two ? I had picked my K10D from Park Cameras who were pretty decent. They have K-7 priced at £1199.99.

Cheers
Nish
05-23-2009, 03:47 AM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bnishanth Quote
Who are the other two ? I had picked my K10D from Park Cameras who were pretty decent. They have K-7 priced at £1199.99.

Cheers
Nish
Sorry, I don't know who the other two are. I just think that at this point anyone quoting a price is being speculative (and probably pessimistic). If SRS aren't quoting a price then you have to wonder what other vendors are basing their prices on. I have dealt with Park Cameras before and they were, as you say, very good.
05-23-2009, 03:54 AM   #19

I recall reading somewhere that the K-7 is debuting £1200 body + WR kit lens whereas the US $1200 price is for body only, I think that explains the price difference.

05-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
Pentax UK use K20D image on K-7 Page!!!
Probably because the K20D is so much better looking that the K-7 I'm excited about this camera but boy does it look

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
They are very lousy in communication. I purchased K20D from them half year ago and wrote a couple emails to them with enquiries, however they didn't bother to answer...
I have the highest respect for SRS and they would always be my first choice supplier, they are highly rated on the Pentax UK forum for their great service, but I have found they don't always reply to emails which is poor, and probably the one negative I could say about them. It's always best to phone them but it's not always possible for me as I don't necessarily have the time while at work (and I'm in the UK / same time zone!).
05-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #21
Banned

Maybe they're next to close
Right, as soon as they fill all the K-7 pre-orders they will close for good.
05-26-2009, 05:31 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just to update people..

the image on SRS is different it is a k-7

where as this is the image that was on pentax UK site:

Which they've now changed to this:

http://www.pentax.co.uk/en/product/17531/body/overview/Photo_Digital_SLR.html"

I wonder if this has anything to do with this thread and my comment to ned burnell, probably not but still it'd be a nice thought

05-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #23
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
Just to update people..

the image on SRS is different it is a k-7

where as this is the image that was on pentax UK site:

Which they've now changed to this:

Not Available - PENTAX U.K. Limited

I wonder if this has anything to do with this thread and my comment to ned burnell, probably not but still it'd be a nice thought
The person who made the original advert doesn't have a clue... if Pentax UK is hiring people to design their adverts who gets the picture of the camera on an advert...

I saw the advert in the latest Amateur Photographer magazine, and I thought this was an awful advert...
Misleading, covering the 17-70mm lens with badly photoshopped water droplets and adding gold accents? Is there a 17-70mm WR lens somewhere in the lineup?
Was the same advert designer hired?

'Tell you what guys, so sorry about before, I'll make up for it by making your K7 look super shiny! Gold looks good, and all the lenses are waterproof, right?'
05-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #24
emr

That's great. It's a pity SRSm.. doesn't sell outside UK.
Their website tells they don't but when I contacted them by email, it seemed they would've been happy to do so anuhow. It's just that their "shipping costs" (actually a hidden price component) were ridiculously high. I believe something like 60 pounds for a DA* 16-50mm.
05-27-2009, 07:39 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Got an email from pentax UK this morning!

its just my original message:
"PENTAX UK YOU HAVE USED THE WRONG PICTURE ON YOUR K-7 PAGE!!!!!

ITS A PICTURE OF A K20D!!!"

then loads of FW: messages just saying "send this to the marketing department?" "could you forward this to steve?" etc., then one final message saying:

"Thank you for your e-mail. This was an oversight by our creative team
who issued the mock up banner (with insert of K20) in place of the K-7.
I am pleased to say that this has now been rectified."

I still think SRS did a better job of Pshopping the offending item out than pentax uk did of quickly botching a whole new banner..
Silly marketing team!!