Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

The story of #2, Mikes story (the Online Photographer)

The Online Photographer: The Story About #2

Funny read about the whole, K-7 is the new number two.
Interesting.

05-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
"Who is number two?"

"You ... are number six!"

"I am not a number! I am a human being!"

etc.

(I enjoyed following the drama over at the OTP. It seems clear Mike Johnson wanted to reward Pentax for delivering the goods at a great value, but before slot #2 came up he got a chance to handle the K-7. It'll be interesting to see how the K-7's smaller size stacks up against his oft-stated desire for a large sensor / small form factor camera, that isn't a Leica.)
05-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by a a i b Quote
"Who is number two?"

etc.

(I enjoyed following the drama over at the OTP. It seems clear Mike Johnson wanted to reward Pentax for delivering the goods at a great value, but before slot #2 came up he got a chance to handle the K-7. It'll be interesting to see how the K-7's smaller size stacks up against his oft-stated desire for a large sensor / small form factor camera, that isn't a Leica.)
Who does number two work for???
05-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by a a i b Quote
"Who is number two?"

MAN that was a good series... I doubt the K7 could withstand an impact from those white balls

05-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Doesn't it say the K20D is the #2...?

Also, I liked reading this:

QuoteQuote:
I swear, every time Pentax makes an announcement, I regret buying a Nikon even more.
05-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Steelski Quote
The Online Photographer: The Story About #2

Funny read about the whole, K-7 is the new number two.
Not really. He leaves this position empty. It was supposed to be the K20D.
05-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

K20D cheated? :)

It's too bad in a way that the K-7 knocked the K20D out of the spot, and then didn't fill it - it would have been nice to have the K20D officially recognized where we all know it deserves to be.

I think the k-7 will make next year's list, but I fear that it won't make it up to the #2 slot, depending on what happens with the Nikon d400 and others. Missed opportunity... It's too bad Pentax couldn't get a production-ready body to Mike sooner.

QuoteQuote:
Number 2 was originally intended to be the Pentax K20D. The entry I wrote began, "This one rightly belongs lumped in with the cameras under # 3, but for one thing: value. Primarily, the Pentax has a superb sensor that is capable of a very high level of detail and image quality; weather-sealing; peerless lens backwards-compatibility; and in-body SR (shake reduction, a.k.a. image stabilization). We’re not saying the Pentax is a 'better' camera than its able competitors below, necessarily, but those are features said competitors mostly don’t have...and for significantly less money."

05-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

It's too bad in a way that the K-7 knocked the K20D out of the spot, and then didn't fill it - it would have been nice to have the K20D officially recognized where we all know it deserves to be.

I think the k-7 will make next year's list, but I fear that it won't make it up to the #2 slot, depending on what happens with the Nikon d400 and others. Missed opportunity... It's too bad Pentax couldn't get a production-ready body to Mike sooner.
I find the article quite positive. In a way the #2 slot is shared between the K20D and the K-7, good for Pentax publicity...
05-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tomtor Quote
I find the article quite positive. In a way the #2 slot is shared between the K20D and the K-7, good for Pentax publicity...
Don't get me wrong, I liked it too, it's just that it muddies the waters for bragging rights.
05-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #10
Veteran Member

i personally felt pleased to know that the K20D was suppose to be in the #2 spot, i hope it does not turn around like a old fishing story that says, " you shoulda seen the big one that got away "
but stange thing though , his site states top 10 cameras, he lists a nikon as #1 , left #2 blank and then list 5 cameras for #3 which also includes the K20D, i mean really
first he say the #2 spot was to be the K20D, but then list it in #3
and why does #3 have 5 cameras listed and not just one

Dave