Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NothingInCommon Quote
I dont really think that comes close to be honest. While its unfair because of the lighting and the position of the camera. The D3X pic looks WAY better IMO.
If you're talking aesthetics, whatever. I didn't run out and grab a model and makeup artist and try and duplicate their shot. I took an existing example I happen to have shot that demonstrates most of the technical aspects of their photo. Technically, the DOF is pretty much identical, as is the detail captured in corner membrane, and the mascara flecks along the eye edge. The lighting angle is different, but my image resolves the reflection of the light source down to the umbrella ribs. And it was done with a K10. So if the point of your question was whether it's reasonable to assume that the example shot can be duplicated with a Pentax K-7 I would say this image, made with a camera two generations previous tot he K-7, demonstrably answers your question. If the question was whether someone's produced an identical picture to the example, then no, sorry, I'm fresh out.

Sheesh.

05-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I dont really think that comes close to be honest. While its unfair because of the lighting and the position of the camera. The D3X pic looks WAY better IMO.
You are confusing weather the eye belongs to a pretty woman or not with the image quality, and you obviously know nothing about resolution.
05-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by junyo Quote
If you're talking aesthetics, whatever. I didn't run out and grab a model and makeup artist and try and duplicate their shot. I took an existing example I happen to have shot that demonstrates most of the technical aspects of their photo. Technically, the DOF is pretty much identical, as is the detail captured in corner membrane, and the mascara flecks along the eye edge. The lighting angle is different, but my image resolves the reflection of the light source down to the umbrella ribs. And it was done with a K10. So if the point of your question was whether it's reasonable to assume that the example shot can be duplicated with a Pentax K-7 I would say this image, made with a camera two generations previous tot he K-7, demonstrably answers your question. If the question was whether someone's produced an identical picture to the example, then no, sorry, I'm fresh out.

Sheesh.
sorry, im a newbie
05-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
You are confusing weather the eye belongs to a pretty woman or not with the image quality, and you obviously know nothing about resolution.
no i dont youre right. I do know what I see, and I was just stating the obvious. no need to get defensive

05-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #20

IQ wise, I really don't understand what's so impressive about this picture
05-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #21
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
OOH a challenge, well hows this

I have alot more if you want

Ok this shot is pretty amazing. Very nice.
05-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Well heres something else for the newbie

https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/6066/1_IMGP2674.jpg

Compare away all you'd like, but in the hands of a decent photographer it would be VERY hard to tell the difference in a studio between any good dslr and lens.

Oh yeah and I'm not that good either.

BTW that first eye shot i a CROP 100% actually pixels

05-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #23
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
Well heres something else for the newbie

https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/6066/1_IMGP2674.jpg

Compare away all you'd like, but in the hands of a decent photographer it would be VERY hard to tell the difference in a studio between any good dslr and lens.

Oh yeah and I'm not that good either.

BTW that first eye shot i a CROP 100% actually pixels
Wow! that is an amazing shot...

Im just trying to get excited about the possibilities with my K-7 when I get it.
05-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #24
Veteran Member

This image is from the Nikon D3X sample gallery. Do you think the K-7 would come close to this type of image quality?

actually my Pentax K1000 took better pictures than that
whats your point

Dave
05-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #25
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dafiryde Quote
actually my Pentax K1000 took better pictures than that
whats your point

Dave
To find out if a K-7 could take a picture as good as a $8000 camera.
05-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Taken with K20D+FA 31mm Ltd

No eye-liner or mascara, but a lovely eye all the same. No tripod, no studio lights, taken through a barn window grill
Attached Images

05-21-2009, 07:29 PM   #27
Veteran Member

To find out if a K-7 could take a picture as good as a $8000 camera.
well if my home made pinhole will do better than that, the K7 should blow it out of the water

Dave
05-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
No eye-liner or mascara, but a lovely eye all the same. No tripod, no studio lights, taken through a barn window grill
and i must add, a much prettier model

Dave
05-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #29
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dafiryde Quote
well if my home made pinhole will do better than that, the K7 should blow it out of the water

Dave
lol.. exaggerate much? relax man. I am a beginner, no need to get frustrated. I have been looking at tons of cameras and decided on the K-7. I happen to admire that eye shot that everyone here seems to think is crap and wanted to know if the K-7 could take a picture as good. Nothing more , nothing less.

I happen to think it looks amazing, and if the consensus here is that any camera can do it then I am happy.
05-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #30
Veteran Member

lol.. exaggerate much? relax man. I am a beginner, no need to get frustrated. I have been looking at tons of cameras and decided on the K-7. I happen to admire that eye shot that everyone here seems to think is crap and wanted to know if the K-7 could take a picture as good. Nothing more , nothing less.

I happen to think it looks amazing, and if the consensus here is that any camera can do it then I am happy.
actually my K20D with the 50-135 is capable of putting out that kind of quality, so i can assure you the K7 will do better

its not that everyone finds the pic is crap, but the model looks as though she is very sick or constipated

Dave