Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2009, 01:56 PM   #121
ibk
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
DA Star 400 f/4 is very likely and could be the "super telephoto" mentioned in earlier roadmaps.
No, it's not.

"super telephoto" is another lens.

05-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #122
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PNTXFTW12 Quote
there would definitely be a ton of light coming in for the AF system to work with, only thing is that it would have to be dead accurate with a razor-thin DOF at that F-stop.
Exactly what I meant, time will tell if it is true and if it can be dead accurate.
05-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #123

makes no sense

Hoya manager said that Pentax had no strategy before the merger. Now they have implemented some changes and it's very obvious where Pentax is heading: They offer small and compact, yet powerfull tools for the (wild-life) photographer at a reasonalbe price. Think of all the tiny DA limiteds, think of the tiny k-m and now the super-compact flagship k-7. They are getting much respect and attention for this strategy.

And now, suddenly, they are supposed to release a 50mm/f1.0-lens?? Just laughable! Look at how big the new (and great) Sigma 50/1.4 is. Look at the size of Canon's 1.2. Think of what it would cost. It is just the opposite of all the right steps that Pentax has made in the last months.

On the other hand, I'm sure they will release new FF lenses in the next couple of years. But they will stay true to the Pentax spirit of small, rugged and affordable.
05-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #124
Veteran Member

OK, it seems few people are willing to take seriously my claim that an F1.0 lens on a PK mount is physically impossible. That's fine. Suit yourselves.

In the mean time, you *can* perhaps use some logical thinking.

It makes absolutely ZERO sense for Pentax to repeat over and over that they are not interested in a FF camera, when every time they do that, they lose some of their customers to Canon/Nikon/ and now Sony (I know a few of these people myself).

There might be an incentive for them to be hush-hush or vague about the development if they aren't 100% sure they're going to bring it into the market. However, if they are so far along the line that they have an internal lens roadmap that includes an D-FA* 50/1.0 SDM, it would no longer be a question of IF but WHEN they will release an FF body. The fact that we haven't heard Pentax talk about either of these at all pretty much guarantees that the picture is a fake, fake, fake. Give it a rest

05-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #125
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
hello 400mm f/4, goodbye sigma 100-300 f/4...

if its anywhere near the ball park of the current da* long telephotos (i'm talkin around 2k or below) then that alters my lens savings plan.

any idea when these two completed lenses will be announced?

ps. if this is all an elaborate rouse, we'll be remembering you next memorial day rumor monger.
05-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #126
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
Placeholder image. The design isn't finalized yet so it wasn't included on the internal roadmap.

Can you explain the f/1.0 in the LCD display image that was leaked when details of the K7 were emerging? Or have you thought that Pentax is possibly shifting to FF, hence the removal of the DA 30 and the sudden appearance of a prestige lens such as the DFA 50?
Wait. The f/1.0 is explanable simply as the firmware debugger program displaying the maximum default ranges.

The last question is a red herring. The "sudden appearance of a prestige lens such as the DFA 50" has not happened; the legitimacy of this very claim is what is being debated, and so it is not yet a fact that needs explanation.

The case for the picture being a fake is strong. The engineering difficulties of producing an f/1.0 lens on the K mount have been described. The costs are almost beyond imagination, and the place of such a lens in the Pentax line-up is hard to figure.

In short, none of the questions you pose here pertains to the issue. A faked roadmap image proclaiming a virtually impossible lens, probably inspired by the default debugger screen of the K7 LCD firmware…

…all the same, I hope I"m wrong in my skepticism!
05-25-2009, 02:18 PM   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you get the feeling you are trying to make sense in a nonsensical environment? This really does look like a hoax. I think you are right on every point, and the examination of the pictures demonstrate (to me anyhow) that the images are fakes. But this is the internet, which is not exactly the home of sober logic and rational analysis…but I commend you for your common sense and for the attempt to make sense on this…

QuoteOriginally posted by RawheaD Quote
OK, it seems few people are willing to take seriously my claim that an F1.0 lens on a PK mount is physically impossible. That's fine. Suit yourselves.

In the mean time, you *can* perhaps use some logical thinking.

It makes absolutely ZERO sense for Pentax to repeat over and over that they are not interested in a FF camera, when every time they do that, they lose some of their customers to Canon/Nikon/ and now Sony (I know a few of these people myself).

There might be an incentive for them to be hush-hush or vague about the development if they aren't 100% sure they're going to bring it into the market. However, if they are so far along the line that they have an internal lens roadmap that includes an D-FA* 50/1.0 SDM, it would no longer be a question of IF but WHEN they will release an FF body. The fact that we haven't heard Pentax talk about either of these at all pretty much guarantees that the picture is a fake, fake, fake. Give it a rest

05-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This "roadmap" is so odd it could actually be true.

I mean, if you want to make things up, why make up an D-FA 20/2.8 or a 135/2.8 Limited? And why would anyone go to such a trouble of making such things up in the first place anyway?

The 400/4 makes a lot of sense. I've countless of times asked for such a lens.

A 50/1.0 seem incredible. But remember that in the more than 20 years since canon made theirs, there has been huge progress in lens designs. Unfortunaletly all this new tech has gone into zoom lenses. Now we have zoom lenses unthinkable 20 years ago. What if these efforts go into a prime lens...?
05-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #129

QuoteOriginally posted by HawaiianOnline Quote
Where's my DFA 600 f4?
Here it is ! - btw you forgot the *

EDIT: and as you might see there is a DFA* 250-600/5.6 on it's way as well, but both are on hold until the Pentax "Bigma-killer" is among the current lineup - the DA* 55-555 "Pigma" (seen above the green line)
Attached Images

05-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #130
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pareto Quote
Look at how big the new (and great) Sigma 50/1.4 is. Look at the size of Canon's 1.2.
Yes - but fast lenses don't have to be monsters - look at the size of the A 50/1.2 and K 50/1.2 - much lighter than the Sigma and with only 52mm filter thread.
05-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #131
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I don't see anything unreal...

DFA645 25/2.8

This one is very unreal! My guess is that the 25mm for the 645 is an F:4 lens.
05-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #132

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
And why would anyone go to such a trouble of making such things up in the first place anyway?
Oh.. I just did that
05-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #133
Fab
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by sveinmb Quote
There are plenty of reasons why the image of the K-7 had F1.0 on it's display: A debug mode? It allows you to set whatever f-number you want in manual mode with no lens attached? It's a fake to make it seem even more fantastic on the forun it was first uploaded to?
Can you explain F/1.0 on the older K100D in this pic? In debug mode?

QuoteOriginally posted by vietlh81 Quote
F1.0
05-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #134
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ibk Quote
No, it's not.

"super telephoto" is another lens.
How do you know this....I am pretty sure Pentax doesn't consider 400mm to be 'super' telephoto, but do you have an internal source?
05-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #135

QuoteOriginally posted by Fab Quote
Can you explain F/1.0 on the older K100D in this pic? In debug mode?
Or just a plain simple photoshop hoax ?