Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
flash guide updated for k-7 built-in flash

Not a big deal, but I've updated my Pentax-compatible Flash Guide to reflect that the K-7 built-in flash appears to be the same one as that on the K20D and K200D. (40% more powerful than the one on the K10D and K-m/K2000.)

05-25-2009, 03:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Wow!

What a great piece of work, your flash guide is

You're probably planning a year off to incorporate the new ring flashes, don't you
05-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

The K-7 flash is more powerful, but the most interresting - to me - is that it raises higher than the other built-in flashes by Pentax, which means it is compatible with more lenses and has the added bonus of also reducing red-eyes.
05-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That was a good reminder to go and click a couple of G00gle ads! Well done that man.

05-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Wow!

What a great piece of work, your flash guide is

You're probably planning a year off to incorporate the new ring flashes, don't you
Thanks. I'll probably hold off on that until I get a chance to actually see at least one of 'em in person. The next major update I need to make is to convert the "Sakar" section to "Tumax/iCorp", because I'm 90+% sure that's who actually makes all of generics.

I've also got partially-finished pages that focus on the beginner, intermediate, and advanced segments....

So much work, so much other things to do.

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
The K-7 flash is more powerful, but the most interresting - to me - is that it raises higher than the other built-in flashes by Pentax, which means it is compatible with more lenses and has the added bonus of also reducing red-eyes.
Good point. When the production camera is out and we have some real-world experience with that I'll add a little blurb to that effect.

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
That was a good reminder to go and click a couple of G00gle ads! Well done that man.
Hah! Not my intention, but thanks!