Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2009, 02:04 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by opiszon Quote
next blurry photos, from same user

"APS-H". "Square sensor". Well okay then, this is all fake. Nothing to see here!

05-26-2009, 02:07 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Pentax are indeed working on different scenarios and plans and prototypes, but with things early in development, it is very unclear what things will actually be released.
The information coming here is of different strategies and plans for the future, but it may be so that none of this actually will be released. Not all projects survives and are born as products available in shops.

Pentax major focus is on APS-C.
05-26-2009, 02:07 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
"APS-H". "Square sensor". Well okay then, this is all fake. Nothing to see here!
I didn't see this... OK, 99.9% chance of an hoax... hope the guy has laughed enough by now...
05-26-2009, 02:10 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
That thread *was* originally only about the 50/1.0. As I have not checked back again after the first read, I did not notice that new photos are updated.
Well, you better had checked. As one usually does before posting. It would have saved you a thread and a blog article where you've taken a hoax for real. Since the other thread is pretty much settled now that it is a hoax.

QuoteOriginally posted by opiszon Quote
next blurry photos, from same user
Ultimate proof of hoax. Looks like a text to be released. But nowhere on this earth would a Pentax text list forthcoming models for several years. On the other hand, it just includes every forum rumor so far, incl. sq. sensor. RH, really need more to be convinced?

05-26-2009, 02:19 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DFA simply means Digital Full Frame lenses!
I wouldn't take this as granted. Let's just pretend DAs are lenses optimised for digital sensors and cameras with electronic aperture control, thus without aperture ring. The current DFAs simply have an aperture ring, while they do cover 35mm probably some of the DAs do too. Same with the aperture ring for DFA645, whose coverage isn't known yet. Just a possibility

Last edited by MMVIII; 05-26-2009 at 02:46 AM.
05-26-2009, 02:37 AM   #36

Oh, and this one just came in !
Attached Images

05-26-2009, 03:03 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yes, it's all fake.
It's clear now.
Whoever did this should be ashamed.
05-26-2009, 03:08 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FF lenses are coming back for only one reason - planning for a FF DSLR in the future! Film? Who would care about film SLR nowadays? :-)
Me, for one. When my MX died I went back to my Minolta gear but I'd love to have a new film body for my collection of fine SMC glass.

BTW, film is still something of a going concern here in Japan. I counted same five film cameras at Bic Camera today while hoping against hope that they'd have a K-7 on display (they only had banners). And that count excludes medium format, the Leica room, and the lomo stuff. I can never just walk up to the film counter, either, there's always a line up. I see a *lot* of people (especially twenty-somethings) with film gear of all descriptions in this city. There's even a fellow who snaps other photographers film cameras in the city.

tokyo camera style

Maybe all of this is just Japan....

05-26-2009, 03:17 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
Pentax are indeed working on different scenarios and plans and prototypes, but with things early in development, it is very unclear what things will actually be released.
The information coming here is of different strategies and plans for the future, but it may be so that none of this actually will be released. Not all projects survives and are born as products available in shops.

Pentax major focus is on APS-C.
What "informations"?

Do you have "informations" on a possible strategic plan from Pentax for an APS-H square sensor...?

Or is it the same "information" as the optimized lenses for contrast detect AF that were supposed to be released with K7?

Sorry for being blunt but I really think you should separate in your posts the "informations" from your own "educated guesses".
05-26-2009, 03:20 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Does this person think only Pentax users are gullible?

Wouldn't he/she get better coverage and gain more self satisfaction with more exposure (sorry for the pun) over at Nikon or Canon.

Neil
05-26-2009, 03:58 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Lol101, I was merely talking about the lenses. No, it won't come a square sensor from Pentax for APS-lenses at this stage.

I did expect SDM II lenses to be released with the K-7 to take fully advantage of the new contrast detect AF, but it isn't ready yet and I expect those updates to come later this year. SDM II is required for fast contrast detect AF, the current implementation is slow. When it comes to lenses and Pentax plans, you know that delays sometimes happens - it is not my fault and not me to blame that Pentax are re-scheduling their schedule. And it is more than "educated guesses".

Do note that we didn't got a new lens roadmap with the K-7.
It will come later this year.
05-26-2009, 04:17 AM   #42

I hope Pentax will work on 16mm, 85mm & 105mm lenses for FF next.

Last edited by Angevinn; 05-26-2009 at 10:00 AM.
05-26-2009, 04:20 AM   #43
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
I didn't see this... OK, 99.9% chance of an hoax... hope the guy has laughed enough by now...
Yeah, the other thread came to this conclusion a while back as well...due to missing stars and all...it is a 100% hoax, IMO.
05-26-2009, 05:15 AM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Whoever did this should be ashamed.
And should not show their fingers in public anymore.
05-26-2009, 05:35 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
And should not show their fingers in public anymore.