Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If all these rumors are true, I might just get the 70-200mm instead of the 50-135mm!!! >.< But either way I am too poor to get a full frame dSLR so neverrrminddddd

I just googled around and apparently Samsung (might not be true) is in the process of developing a full frame sensor. :-D
And of course, Samsung is a huge company, so lets see what they put forth in the future.

Last edited by GLXLR; 05-26-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Add stuff
05-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Lens roadmaps are a marketing tool. It doesn't make any sense to develop a roadmap graphic and then not make it public. That makes me pretty skeptical about these images.
05-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #78

I hope it's fake.
I don't want Pentax waste a bunch of money on a 50/1.0 lens, and the 20mm one seems unneeded too.

I'd rather see Pentax spend time on developing lenses for the DSLR advertised and about to be realesed now, or weather-sealing earlier lenses. All this hype about Pentax (possibly) going FF works against K-7
05-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GLXLR Quote
I just googled around and apparently Samsung (might not be true) is in the process of developing a full frame sensor. :-D
Do you have a link for this? It would make the whole FF-story a lot more plausible.

05-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sean Nelson Quote
Lens roadmaps are a marketing tool. It doesn't make any sense to develop a roadmap graphic and then not make it public. That makes me pretty skeptical about these images.

Roadmaps have an embargo date as well. There has been leakages from unpublished roadmaps before and they turned out real.....
That doesn't mean this one does.
05-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And of course, Samsung is a huge company, so lets see what they put forth in the future.
Pentax have been working on FF for years. I do not know if marketing has gotten the go ahead....
05-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Please cool down. Even if the lenses would be real, that doesn't mean we should expect any 35mm sensor digital Pentax camera.
D-FA doesn't mean full frame lens. D-FA meand digital lens with aperture ring. Nothing more. Now if there would bea couple of FA-J lenses on the roudmap, that would mean something different.

05-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by elho_cid Quote
Please cool down. Even if the lenses would be real, that doesn't mean we should expect any 35mm sensor digital Pentax camera.
D-FA doesn't mean full frame lens. D-FA meand digital lens with aperture ring. Nothing more. Now if there would bea couple of FA-J lenses on the roudmap, that would mean something different.

Disagree. D-FA means FF. I'll bet that if there will be FF D-FA lenses in the future they will not have aperture rings. Beesides, whats the point with cropped lenses called D-FA's, identical to DA's, but with aperture rings?
For what its worth (a lot I think), the D-FA645 lenses have no aperture ring but it is still called D-FA.
05-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #84
Veteran Member

This is all very interesting!
05-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #85
Veteran Member

Usually 50mm lenses are just remaking of old optical design with better plastic barrel. The bokeh rendering and the ugly nisen bokeh are constantly present in almost all 50mm lenses.

Aperture f1 would potentially just worsen the current PF nightmare in pentax 50 series. The harsh lateral bokeh continue to exist.

Canon EF 50mm f1 has the worst looking up to date comparing to its 50mm f1.4 cousin. Yet, its bokeh is not all that different comparing to EF 50mm f1.2 at all: harsh and ugly. The only advantage for me is that it has autofocus capability with a shift focus problem due to absence of a floating element.

400mm f4 sounds like a good news. It takes Pentax a long time to produce 60-250mm f4. This 400mm f4 would definitely take forever to release into the market...
05-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #86
Veteran Member

I just googled around and apparently Samsung (might not be true) is in the process of developing a full frame sensor.
I am a bit skeptical of this info. The whole thing came from an article by Amateur Photographer during an "informal discussion". It could all be an misunderstanding due to mis-translation. I would like to see the exact quote in the original language by Kyong-Kook Shin to see in what context those comments were made before making a conclusion. As such, the author used the word "hinted" and "actively pursuing development" in Samsung's FF sensor development. Just not very convincing. And there is no other source supporting this claim.
05-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Pentax have been working on FF for years. I do not know if marketing has gotten the go ahead....
"Working on"? They probably have some concept idea, but there has been no active FF development project since the demise of MZ-D.
05-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Disagree. D-FA means FF. I'll bet that if there will be FF D-FA lenses in the future they will not have aperture rings. Beesides, whats the point with cropped lenses called D-FA's, identical to DA's, but with aperture rings?
For what its worth (a lot I think), the D-FA645 lenses have no aperture ring but it is still called D-FA.
Here is a direct quote from the manual of a D-FA lens:

"The smc Pentax D-FA is an interchangeable lens for the Pentax SLR cameras. Its image circle covers the 35mm film format..."

So you are correct.
05-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #89
Veteran Member

this is total BS
come on Pentax we want a 16-135/2.8

Dave
05-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #90
Veteran Member

I'm not going to read all the posts but just dropped by to say...

FAKE!