Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2009, 12:27 AM   #106
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I Found NO Fake!

I have re-visited all the four "leaked" photos of the "roadmap" and after careful inspection and comparison, I am still unable to find and conclude any fake for these pics:-

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: New Lens Roadmap Revamped? (5 New Lenses? Leak?) (Updated)

How come some of you guys are so sure? ;-D (Just becoz you don't want these lenses?? :-))

05-27-2009, 12:50 AM   #107
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It seems to me that parts of new roadmap is not fake...
I hope that DA135/2.8 will be announced this year. With new camera - September-October.

The rest - during 2010-2011.
05-27-2009, 01:07 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It seems to me that parts of new roadmap is not fake...
I hope that DA135/2.8 will be announced this year. With new camera - September-October.

The rest - during 2010-2011.
Possibly Not. The DA135/2.8 will be the last lens to appear. It is because it is the only lens that does not have a product image on the roadmap.
05-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #109
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
I have re-visited all the four "leaked" photos of the "roadmap" and after careful inspection and comparison, I am still unable to find and conclude any fake for these pics:-
Oh Rice, you are so old fashioned.... I gather you have been looking at the seams of pics and letters added to the image and any other evidence of a photshop job.
but if the "faker' faked properly he'd have made a photojob fake, printed it out and taken a bad pic of that, printed that pic and took another pic of the print out of the pic and you would not be able to spot anything
How come some of you guys are so sure? ;-D (Just becoz you don't want these lenses?? :-))
Oh I don't mind them coming, it is just that there are at least two more uselfull and probably more NEEDED lenses at this moment... Anything longer than 300mm won't sell as much as the medium ranged sealed zoom and/or the fairly wide fast sealed zoom. Nor would a 20/2.8

05-27-2009, 01:13 AM   #110
Veteran Member

I see that it is fake.

And of course, we only talk about this fake because we all would want (one of) these lenses

It is not in any particular image. It is in the combination of "evidences".

The first time you see a fake, it is really hard to indentify it as such. After hundreds of fakes, it is becoming pretty easy, actually. Participating in the Apple rumor mill may may provide a good training You may also entrain yourself by guesssing if the new "Slim PS3" leak from China is fake or not. I say it is real.

So, it was easy to see that the "image of K30D" leak was real and the square sensor rumor was a misinterpreted question turning rumor. You better aquire this ability before quoting rumors on your blog. Copying rumor onto a blog is no achievment after all. Having an experienced opinion, however, ...

So, this roadmap hoax is a fake. What seals the deal is the "leaked" text just quoting every rumor we had so far, even incl. APS-H and square sensor. How stupid is this?

I cannot believe you still buy this hoax. To debunk a hoax is 30% evidence (like JPG artifacts and inconsistencies) and 70% psychology.

EDIT:
If you cannot take the psychology part. There is an evidence as well. This hoax duplicates the sq. sensor rumor. But if you search for the earliest occurences of the sq. sensor rumor you'll see that there never was a leak or claim in the beginning. Just an idea proposed for discussion. Which was quoted as speculation by another forum or blog (don't remember, but it wasn't you ), China I believe, and then was recycled back as rumor even in the original forum the idea was proposed. Fortunately, the hoaxer didn't know this and ran into the trap when using the sq.sensor thing.

Last edited by falconeye; 05-27-2009 at 01:25 AM.
05-27-2009, 01:43 AM   #111
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
Oh Rice, you are so old fashioned.... I gather you have been looking at the seams of pics and letters added to the image and any other evidence of a photshop job.
but if the "faker' faked properly he'd have made a photojob fake, printed it out and taken a bad pic of that, printed that pic and took another pic of the print out of the pic and you would not be able to spot anything
If you have read my update, I am unconvinced of such a fake which the PS person bother to do perfectly even for the shift-down of the DFA645 55mm lens without any flaw that I could see.

As for the PS job trace you've suggested, I can't see any, neither.
05-27-2009, 01:48 AM   #112
Veteran Member

As for the PS job trace you've suggested, I can't see any, neither.
No PS involved.
He edits the roadmap PDF (yes, PDF is meant to be edited ), displays it on his screen and takes a photo of it.

ok ok, the PDF just contains an image. But it doesn't make it any harder. It isn't a photograph. Just a chart ...

Last edited by falconeye; 05-27-2009 at 01:53 AM.
05-27-2009, 01:51 AM   #113
Veteran Member

If you have read my update, I am unconvinced of such a fake which the PS person bother to do perfectly even for the shift-down of the DFA645 55mm lens without any flaw that I could see.
I īd not bother with making a fake if I could not do it perfectly. maybe there are other people like me out there.....
Biggest reason why it could be fake is that Pentax have stuck to the twice a year roadmap update and it is too soon to have a next update after march. IF not a fake it is a `pre-production of the roadmap for september/october and it may not even be final. sort of like firmware 0.19
05-27-2009, 01:51 AM   #114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
No PS involved.
He edits the roadmap PDF (yes, PDF is meant to be edited ), displays it on his screen and takes a photo of it.
Oh yeah forgot abou that posibility....
05-27-2009, 01:52 AM   #115
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I see that it is fake.
Thats your own *belief*!

QuoteQuote:
It is not in any particular image. It is in the combination of "evidences".
So, what is the "evidence"? What are the "evidences"??

QuoteQuote:
The first time you see a fake, it is really hard to indentify it as such. After hundreds of fakes, it is becoming pretty easy, actually. Participating in the Apple rumor mill may may provide a good training You may also entrain yourself by guesssing if the new "Slim PS3" leak from China is fake or not. I say it is real.
I think most of the logic used by you guys are not correct! Yes, someone can make PS of such a "fake roadmap", but it doesn't necessary mean that this one is fake! Mind you that Pentax's own and official one also be made by some kind of editing or drawing software. So?

Any evidence can be called evidence only if we can state some clear flaw(s) that can be found. So far I cannot see anyone can find or say anything convincing.

So, afterall, what I want to point out is that we cannot deny the possibility that it is true. Although no one of us can surely tell that it is not fake, neither.

But then history tells us when a rumour cannot be proved wrong or fake, possibly it has a higher chance to be true! Just believe it or not!

QuoteQuote:
So, this roadmap hoax is a fake. What seals the deal is the "leaked" text just quoting every rumor we had so far, even incl. APS-H and square sensor. How stupid is this?
Every person believes that APS-H rumour then this roadmap is fake??? Whats the logic then? The two things and incidents are unrelated!

Well, at least me was the one saying that it is not a square sensor in the very early stage, nor I have ever promoted such rumour.

QuoteQuote:
I cannot believe you still buy this hoax. To debunk a hoax is 30% evidence (like JPG artifacts and inconsistencies) and 70% psychology.
I am not buying this rumour, but I am totally not convinced that it is a Hoax. Thats my whole point.

And, if I had to bet, I would bet it is real, which is more likely.
05-27-2009, 01:53 AM   #116
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No PS involved.
No. The Pentax uploaded roadmaps are not editable. They are saved as read-only.
05-27-2009, 01:55 AM   #117
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I īd not bother with making a fake if I could not do it perfectly. maybe there are other people like me out there.....
Biggest reason why it could be fake is that Pentax have stuck to the twice a year roadmap update and it is too soon to have a next update after march. IF not a fake it is a `pre-production of the roadmap for september/october and it may not even be final. sort of like firmware 0.19
There is a need for them to update the roadmap as last time the roadmap on March 3 only contains *deletion* (of the DA 30 and the SDM TC)! And with the K-7 out, they need to update the lens roadmap to give the potential customers and users more confidence in investing into the system, i.e., we should be able to see the future!
05-27-2009, 01:59 AM   #118
Veteran Member

By the way, are there any leaks of this roadmap in which we can see more than just the letters? Where the actual lens images are NOT covered with fingerst
05-27-2009, 02:00 AM   #119
Veteran Member

No. The Pentax uploaded roadmaps are not editable. They are saved as read-only.
I could scan the print out and save that as a PDF
05-27-2009, 02:19 AM   #120
Veteran Member

Original Poster
By the way, are there any leaks of this roadmap in which we can see more than just the letters? Where the actual lens images are NOT covered with fingerst
The covered lens images only raised the chance of it is being real! If it is fake, he would show you all! :-)