Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
okay, i'm done. let's go off-topic. :)

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
One idea was to have a 3 focals in one lens, so not really a zoom the classic way. I believe there used to be a Leica with this idea some years back...).
Leica 16-18-21mm f/4 Tri-Elmar Field Report

05-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #137
Veteran Member

JCPentax's answer to the hoax or not

QuoteQuote:
4) While the timeline in the post looks "offocial" I suspect it is a fake. We have not seen any updated lens roadmap and when they distribute this type of thing is comes to all countries. I know everyone in the marketing department in Japan that puts these together and none of them would leak this.

As far as availability on the K-7 and the two new WR lenses, we are looking at early to mid-July.

I would support and take this persons word over yours RiceHigh.
05-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #138
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Any proof for the non-existence of ghost, UFO, etc.? LOL..
In these cases the burden of proof is not on the non-believer, it is on the believer. The non-believer has nothing to prove because their belief is that the thing in question doesn't exist. If all evidence points to that conclusion their non-belief is supported(notice I didn't say proven). However, if the believers were in fact in the right all they would have to do would be to provide one indisputable piece of evidence of the existence of whatever it is they believe in, and it would show their belief to be valid. The reason such things are never disproven is because there is no way to do so. However, proving such a thing is possible, and the lack of proof speaks volumes.

So, instead of relying on the lack of disproof, how about you provide some proof that these lenses are real, and quit just trying to tell people that the lack of disproof is as good as proof.
05-28-2009, 12:00 AM   #139
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sean Nelson Quote
What it proves is that "it looks real" doesn't mean it's real. Here's a fake I made by taking a piece of the March 24, 2009 roadmap as a starting point:

It took just a few minutes to do this - it's a lot easier manipulating text than a photo of a new lens or camera. This image is a helluva lot sharper than the blurry ones on your site, so if THIS looks real then you've got ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to judge whether the picture on your site is real or not.

...and the pictures on your site even hide the lens image. I just pasted another image of the DA645 lens, but I suspect whoever came up with the image posted on your site figured it was too much effort to make up a new image so that it wasn't an obvious fake...
I CAN see yours is fake easily, you'd better figure out whats wrong with your edit! :-)

05-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #140

QuoteOriginally posted by Sean Nelson Quote
What it proves is that "it looks real" doesn't mean it's real. Here's a fake I made by taking a piece of the March 24, 2009 roadmap as a starting point:

It took just a few minutes to do this...
No offence here Sean, you should have taken a few minutes more. It looks totally likely a "monkey".
05-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #141
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pgenovese Quote
Hmmm Photokina may reserve some surprises........... Unless all is leaked before :-)
But Photokina is in 2010, not this year...
05-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #142
Veteran Member

I CAN see yours is fake easily, you'd better figure out whats wrong with your edit! :-)
Usual avoidance of the facts............

05-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #143
Veteran Member

RiceHigh

what is your view on JCPentax's comment on the fake or no fake?

Neil
05-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #144
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
RiceHigh

Neil
You really weren't expecting an an answer were you?????
05-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #145
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
You really weren't expecting an an answer were you?????

Not really

Neil
05-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #146
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My View

QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
RiceHigh

Neil
Someone has also posted the same remark at my blog, I've responded for his comment overthere:-

"First, there is NO "timeline" shown in the "leak".

Second, he only "*suspects* it is a fake" and he "knows that no one in the marketing department would leak", which is a super general statement which is always true! WHO, as a Hoya/Pentax staff, would and should leak anything of the company, especially when it is meant to be confidential?

So, how "worth" it is? And, what does it tell?"

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: New Lens Roadmap Revamped? (5 New Lenses? Leak?)
05-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #147
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Philippos Quote
No offence here Sean, you should have taken a few minutes more. It looks totally likely a "monkey".
Putting aside the lens image which is "fingered" anyway, there is an obvious flaw for Sean's picture! Anyone can see that? :-)

(So, that's what I have been pointing out, usually people can find flaws for a hoax, very quickly - but up till now I cannot see a convincing evidence that proves that one is a hoax - which is not easy unless the person who "plays" is very clever and careful minded!)
05-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #148
Veteran Member

Someone has also posted the same remark at my blog, I've responded for his comment overthere:-

"First, there is NO "timeline" shown in the "leak".

Second, he only "*suspects* it is a fake" and he "knows that no one in the marketing department would leak", which is a super general statement which is always true! WHO, as a Hoya/Pentax staff, would and should leak anything of the company, especially when it is meant to be confidential?

So, how "worth" it is? And, what does it tell?"

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: New Lens Roadmap Revamped? (5 New Lenses? Leak?)
It tells the same thing, maybe real maybe not... some (like me) think an f1 is a crazy pipe dream and even Pentax couldn't pull a quality/pricing miracle.
Pentax really has never tried to beat Nikon/Canon head on so again unlikely.
EDIT: Just noticed the text on the bottom looks to be in English. I would not expect that if this was indeed a "working copy". Why not in japanese first. Translate later....
Why is everything you find "worth it" but everything everyone else finds is "worthless"? Technically that's a bit insulting but 2 can play the game.
I find you quite humorous in this regard.
Shadow puppeteering on a computer monitor is valid info while a Pentax rep isn't.

Now to be fair I'll make up some probability of say
5% for you ... 95% against based on Mr. Pentax, common sense, and if it was a REAL Pentax chart it could just be a "placeholder". Could well have said D-FA 50 f/$.&
If the 5% does indeed win I predict 99% it will be for some "limited/anniversary/cosmic alignment" model.

Wonder who posted that at your blog......

Last edited by jeffkrol; 05-28-2009 at 06:56 PM.
05-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #149
Veteran Member

Putting aside the lens image which is "fingered" anyway, there is an obvious flaw for Sean's picture! Anyone can see that? :-)
Okay, so, I'll bite. What are you talking about? I mean other than the word "Fake!" in the image.

(So, that's what I have been pointing out, usually people can find flaws for a hoax, very quickly - but up till now I cannot see a convincing evidence that proves that one is a hoax - which is not easy unless the person who "plays" is very clever and careful minded!)
But there is convincing evidence: it alleges a nonsensical fantasy lineup.
05-28-2009, 07:05 PM   #150
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Okay, so, I'll bite. What are you talking about? I mean other than the word "Fake!" in the image.
Of course not about the "Fake!" word!!

Hint: It can be easily seen.. w/ a more careful mind! :-)

QuoteQuote:
But there is convincing evidence: it alleges a nonsensical fantasy lineup.
Don't believe too much on what a sales rep talks. They usually make statements that are too general or they have something to hide to protect their own interests.