Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Of course not about the "Fake!" word!!

Hint: It can be easily seen.. w/ a more careful mind! :-)
I'm not playing. Just say what you're talking about.

Don't believe too much on what a sales rep talks. They usually make statements that are too general or they have something to hide to protect their own interests.
Sure. But that's a non sequitur — the problem isn't official denials, it's that a f/1.0 lens just makes no sense. Let alone the other stuff. But it all sounds K-RAD WHOOO AWESEOME BEST EVAR.

05-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #152
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
I'm not playing. Just say what you're talking about.
think he's referring to the space between the m and F1.0. Official roadmap (w/ one exception) runs all the letters together after a space for the D-FA ect.
D FA 55mmF1.0
Hope he's not considering the extremely obvious fact that he used the same lens for each (and forgot to cover them w/ his thumb )
From the official roadmap properties I'm going to assume it can easily be doctored.

Last edited by jeffkrol; 05-28-2009 at 08:20 PM.
05-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #153
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
think he's referring to the space between the m and F1.0. Official roadmap (w/ one exception) runs all the letters together after a space for the D-FA ect.
D FA 55mmF1.0
You're correct this time!
05-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #154
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sure. But that's a non sequitur — the problem isn't official denials, it's that a f/1.0 lens just makes no sense.
Why makes no sense?

Letz had a 50mm F0.95 lens! Canon had a FD 50/0.95 and an EF 50/1.0 lens. So?

It is not about personal need and usability of those 1.0 lenses, technically those lenses are more than feasible!

05-28-2009, 10:45 PM   #155
Veteran Member

Someone has also posted the same remark at my blog, I've responded for his comment overthere:-

"First, there is NO "timeline" shown in the "leak".

Second, he only "*suspects* it is a fake" and he "knows that no one in the marketing department would leak", which is a super general statement which is always true! WHO, as a Hoya/Pentax staff, would and should leak anything of the company, especially when it is meant to be confidential?

So, how "worth" it is? And, what does it tell?"

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: New Lens Roadmap Revamped? (5 New Lenses? Leak?)
Like I said Ricehigh

I take his word over yours, going by his position in Pentax and his honest open way of responding questions being asked don't you think he would know better?...

No not you, you call out a "general coverup reply' by stating "which is a super general statement which is always true"

Did you have enough intestinal fortitude to ask him any questions in the thread he opened up?

Neil
05-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #156
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
Like I said Ricehigh

I take his word over yours, going by his position in Pentax and his honest open way of responding questions being asked don't you think he would know better?...

No not you, you call out a "general coverup reply' by stating "which is a super general statement which is always true"

Did you have enough intestinal fortitude to ask him any questions in the thread he opened up?

Neil
So, WHERE is the "Timeline"? You saw it?? Tell us, please!
05-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #157
Veteran Member

So, WHERE is the "Timeline"? You saw it?? Tell us, please!
Show me where my arguement is based on timeline?

I state once again that I take his word over yours.

Neil

05-29-2009, 01:54 AM   #158
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
Show me where my arguement is based on timeline?

I state once again that I take his word over yours.

Neil
You forget what you take?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/614023-post137.html

"Timeline" is JCPentax's word in his comments regarding the "fake" lens roadmap, in the first sentence you previously quoted!
05-29-2009, 02:22 AM   #159
Veteran Member

You dont seem to see what I am saying

JCPentax believes its a fake, I stated then as I do now in that I take his word as it being a fake over your word in that it is not.

I could not give a rats a*se on your timeline theory, my assumption that he is correct is based on his position within Pentax against yours and his willingness to come to this forum and be as open as possible... that is my arguement

I take it as well that you know better the people he said that he trusts that would not leak such a thing?

With him saying that and the fact that he says

"We have not seen any updated lens roadmap and when they distribute this type of thing is comes to all countries."

Is what I base my confidence in that his view far outweighs yours as being correct.

Like I said as well earlier RiceHigh, have you asked this man anything in the thread he started?

Last edited by nulla; 05-29-2009 at 02:40 AM.
05-29-2009, 03:47 AM   #160
Veteran Member

Why makes no sense?

Letz had a 50mm F0.95 lens! Canon had a FD 50/0.95 and an EF 50/1.0 lens. So?

It is not about personal need and usability of those 1.0 lenses, technically those lenses are more than feasible!
Not in K-mount. Haven't we been through this enough times?

But it also makes sense from a marketing point of view. The whole "let's make prestige items no one really buys!" would be a massive directional shift for Pentax.

Occam's Razor says the "wishful thinking" theory makes the most sense.
05-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #161
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
But it can't answer the question -
if

DFA*50/1.0 SDM
DA135/2.8 LIMITED
DFA*20/2.8 SDM
DA*400/4 ED (IF) SDM

real or not.

Are you agree?
I have another confirmation from another source, for example.
About 1 new lens from MAYBE FAKE ROADMAP.
My opinion (and what people are forgetting) :

50/1...not gonna happen. Physical issues, expense, performance, size, etc...plus they just came out with the 55/1.4 "replacing" the 85/1.4
135/2.8...not gonna happen. What focal length will this "replace"? Anyone seen the prices on used F lenses of the same length and aperture? Add on a few hundred bucks for the Ltd IF it ever comes out.
20/2.8...somewhat possible. Although in 35mm terms it's a "30mm" which leaves it in no-man's land. So let's call it: 10% for, 90% against.
400/4...halfway correct. I think if we're going to see any of these lenses, this will be the one. Although I'm betting on a slower aperture like f/4.5 or f/5 to bring the price down. Otherwise I couldn't see it clock in at under $2500...probably more like $4k.

Oh...I forgot to mention this (and to stay on topic)...there won't be a FF cam in the next year. The lenses we'll get now will be classic "DA" for cropped digital. 2+ years is possible.
Not in K-mount. Haven't we been through this enough times?

But it also makes sense from a marketing point of view. The whole "let's make prestige items no one really buys!" would be a massive directional shift for Pentax.

Occam's Razor says the "wishful thinking" theory makes the most sense.
It does make sense...the whole "flagship" and "look at that" mentality. People like seeing the "upgrade path" even if they might never make it past a Canon Digital Rebel to a 1- or 5-series cam. IMO that's a huge psychological benefit.
05-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #162
Veteran Member

50mm F1.0 - Might happen, if the physicalities can be met, then maybe. Might not be the sharpest wide open, but could be a good effect (just look at the noctilux wide open - some great shots have been done), but just imagine it stopped down to F1.4 (like you would a FA50 to F2) then sharp! I am however not sure it will happen.
135mm F2.8 Limited - a DA (why?) and "only" F2.8. It will be better than the 50-135mm at 135, due to it being a prime (not sure? take a photo with a FA50 and DA*50-135 at 50mm, both at F2.8 and there is a difference, due to the design of zooms). But only F2.8? Why can't it be like my old Takumar at F2.5? Canon and Nikon make F2 models, and Sony, yes Sony! have a F1.8 version available!!!!!!
20mm F2.8 - would be nice, but again could it be too slow? Sigma make an F1.8 version at a reasonable price.
400mm F4 - Nice range to compliment the 300/4 and 60-250/4, but the potential price? Well the Canon is £5.5K so would be a very expensive lens.

Personally I have my doubts about this "Leak" there are too many conflicts. Why have some lenses being DFA (so full frame capable), yet some of the show stoppers are only DA? Surely if Pentax are going to bring out such lenses, and are going down the DFA route, then all of the new lenses would be DFA, rather than a mix.

I will believe it when I see it.
05-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #163
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FF lenses are coming back for only one reason - planning for a FF DSLR in the future! Film? Who would care about film SLR nowadays? :-)
Some of the same kind of people who got Pentax in large part for film body compatibility?
05-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #164
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Some of the same kind of people who got Pentax in large part for film body compatibility?
I agree Rat, I have film as well, and would like to have FF lenses on my Pentax film cameras, as it is I cant use my stunning 50-135 on them :-(
05-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #165
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by offertonhatter Quote
400mm F4 - Nice range to compliment the 300/4 and 60-250/4, but the potential price? Well the Canon is £5.5K so would be a very expensive lens.
I think the fact that the Canon is a DO lens adds significantly to the price (it is extremely small and light considering its specs). It is also a poor performer from what I have seen which makes it pretty unpopular. If Pentax does this lens i would think it would come in at about 7lb and cost $4000 USD or less