Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K-7 Promotional Video / Ad. Is this Official?

I notice that this is by Russian but dunno if it is made for official use or not. Anyone knows?

YouTube - Pentax K-7 video

Anyway, it looks very nice to me! (Except that the video should be stated as 720p/1024p 30 frames instead of only 720p!)

Well, if it is offcially created, then Pentax marketing has been back! .. after they dismissal for almost twenty years!

05-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks fan-made to me — the whole middle section with the skiing is cool but lacks focus, and they didn't really tie in the Sahara thing very well. But the credits give it away, where they show that the footage is from Warren Miller Entertainment and Running the Sahara and has nothing to do with Pentax at all.
05-27-2009, 01:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Old news, duplicate post

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Well, if it is offcially created, then Pentax marketing has been back! .. after they dismissal for almost twenty years!
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/612209-post100.html
05-27-2009, 01:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Looks fan-made to me
Yeah. It lacks focus and is pretty long. And jumps from Sahara to -10°C cold But the footage is stunning.

I would like something along these lines from Pentax, maybe with flashbacks from their 50s advertisement which contained very nice Sahara footage as well.

05-27-2009, 01:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

It is made by a Russian fan!

At least his address at the end of the video ends in .ru
And the video uses some famous extreme skiers.
05-27-2009, 01:55 AM   #6
Forum Member

I think it's not K-7 footage, in the end they're saying the material is taken from two movies, one about sahara, one about skiing...guess it's a private video to praise K-7's outdoor abilities
05-27-2009, 02:26 AM   #7
Forum Member

I think it's pretty clear that this is just some promo pictures in the start, along with some random footage of extreme conditions with added shutter-sounds..

Not official if you ask me. Also note the "Materials used" in the credits section.

05-27-2009, 02:46 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Russian funboy did lovely job.... it is great example how Pentax advertising should do their job!
05-27-2009, 03:06 AM   #9
Inactive Account

An excellent soundtrack from Slumdog Millionaire.
YouTube - Slumdog Millionaire Soundtrack - Mausum & Escape
05-27-2009, 07:10 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would LOVE to see that kind of advertising from Pentax. Contrast with that dopey Nikon commercial where the young-stud movie star sports around the camera, and we learn nothing at all about the camera. This video captures a concept that I think would sell cameras to folks like my currently Nikon using son who is a rock-climber, biker, mountaineer type.
05-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Without getting out my old ski movies (and the VHS player), I'm pretty sure some of that ski footage is from Matchstick Productions (perhaps "Ski Movie"), pretty much the antithesis of Warren Miller (MP stuff is actually exciting). Looking again, I'm quite certain that a lot of that is from a Matchstick film, as I've seen a bunch of it before, and I wouldn't deign to have a WM film in the house. My wife glanced over my shoulder just now and said, "don't we have that movie?", so I call that confirmation... Also looked like some old Greg Stump era stuff with Plake , but that could have been from one of Millers films.

Seriously, a video like that, with footage which was truly shot with the K-7 (including some storm day stuff and sand storms), would be the best possible marketing for the new cam...
05-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
I would LOVE to see that kind of advertising from Pentax. Contrast with that dopey Nikon commercial where the young-stud movie star sports around the camera, and we learn nothing at all about the camera. This video captures a concept that I think would sell cameras to folks like my currently Nikon using son who is a rock-climber, biker, mountaineer type.
Oh, so you think advetisements should have something to do with the product? How quaint.
05-27-2009, 10:25 PM   #13

absolutly fake

the sahara video and voice over are for sure in Diana Weyland's books on editing in Final Cut Pro, I've had my students work out of that book for at least four years now .... and the animations of the still images really is student quality work at best

FAKE