Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2009, 08:45 AM   #16
Inactive Account

RMabo, pure comedy gold

I'm really looking forward to the K-7, but claiming that a firmware change to the 5DII is to make it more competitive with the K-7 is [how can I say this nicely?] a bit nuts.

05-27-2009, 09:01 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
canon is Full frame so K-7 can't compete with 5d2. Simply it is another league.
05-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #18
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
I was all excited about K-7 until I read it does not autofocus during video after i read it did autofocus in video mode. Hard to pin this spec down till its available to everyone and chatted about.
You were all excited until you see the price tag but rest assure in some time a big Pentax rebate may come your way!

Radu

P.S. All the features are not set in stone right now and may even change in Canon style sometime after launch via firmware updates. That being said I don't really think I want to hear the constant ZZZZZZ a regular lens does when focuses in my movies. Do you or the real issue for you is to get SOMETHING, ANYTHING for every cent you pay? I though so!
05-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
Yes, Canon feels strongly that the K-7 will make the 5DII looking old being so so '08.
It is clear without doubt that Canon are afraid of loosing marketshare for the 5D because of the K-7 announcement from Pentax. We can already see previous 5D-shooters now wanting to upgrade their 5D to a K-7 instead of going for the 5DII and also photographers that had booked a 5DII now has canceled their orders and has pre-ordered a K-7 instead.

So yes, Canon is seriulsy competeting with the K-7 or Pentax is competing with Canon. I feel confident that the K-7 will make a major impact on Canon's sales for the 5D, now that Pentax finally has a direct competitior to it.
That is really something, man!

05-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
That being said I don't really think I want to hear the constant ZZZZZZ a regular lens does when focuses in my movies.
An external MIC is your friend.
05-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I'm tough to please

two kinda of buyers, those without a dslr and those with. HD is intersting to me, but I own no HD TV, my computer is 3+ years old, I'm satisfied with all my dslrs. Sure I like reading about HD dslrs, but in the meantime I'm happy with my gears. So I am tough to please. Usually HD dslrs come with little or no HD software. My CS4 is not pricier video version. Theres another $700 ish if I've got my buy in price figured out plus new computer, plus HD TV....

I could go thru 2010 without making another new camera purchase from anyone.

I think about everything I read about K-7 is very exciting. I think K-7 is a game changer. With it I can see a time soon when the occasional is pentax doomed? will simply never be asked. I read canon and nikon forums and I gotta say I have never seen anyone bring up is canon or nikon doomed?

I think with K-7 the question of Pentax being doomed is no longer asked

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
You were all excited until you see the price tag but rest assure in some time a big Pentax rebate may come your way!

Radu

P.S. All the features are not set in stone right now and may even change in Canon style sometime after launch via firmware updates. That being said I don't really think I want to hear the constant ZZZZZZ a regular lens does when focuses in my movies. Do you or the real issue for you is to get SOMETHING, ANYTHING for every cent you pay? I though so!
05-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cousinsane Quote
Remember the time when some of you guys were upset because engadget said K-7 will be competing with 500D and D5000 ?
Well yes but that is a reason to be upset about, the K-7 is a higher class - above the 500D and D5000. The new "junior" model of the K-7 (comes later this year) will compete with 500D and D5000. The K-7 competes with the 50D, current D300 and coming D400.