Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2009, 06:12 AM   #61
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JCPentax Quote
This is the proper explanation of the *ist name.
Thanks for the confirmation. Always good to know what's is true and what's not.

06-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #62

QuoteOriginally posted by JCPentax Quote
This is the proper explanation of the *ist name. Believe me, there was a collective groan for everyone in the Pentax USA marketing dept. when we heard this. While not the reason for defecting, right after this decision was made I transferred to the Pentax Sport Optics dept. for over five years (I guess I was scarred by the name). I came back to marketing when we changed to the K-series names.
There is nothing more horrible than advertising people trying to outclever themselves.
06-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #63

Guys - we've now got a rumor hidden in the Samsung DSLR section that there will be a Samsung GX30 announced July 7th!

Could it just be a rebranded K-7, or has Samsung followed a very different path this time?
06-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #64
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I researched the reason why the 1958 Asahi Pentax K was called K: it was named after the fact that it is the first Asahi camera to introduce 1/1000 s shutter speed, with "k" as in "kilo".
Since the K-7 is the first Pentax camera with 1/8000s shutter speed, a more appropriate name would have been 8K.

06-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #65
Nubi

I suppose I am alright with K-7 being not a replacement for K20D for whatever reasons(even though the specs suggests otherwise), and when the next new rather odd looking Pentax DSLR comes out before Christmas, in terms of the specs it should eclipse not only that of k-m but also of K20D, and again this will be a replacement to nothing, I suppose.