Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-7 Samples from Pocket-Lint

PHOTOS: Pentax K-7 DSLR camera image 1

The samples have the exif intact

05-31-2009, 02:18 AM   #2

Good looking samples, it gives an idea about the built in effects, too.
I still don't know if I'll ever use those, but they're quite good actually.

Wall-E
05-31-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

hi

thanks for the link.
06-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Pocket Lint has their review up now also:

Pentax K-7 digital SLR camera - First Look quick review

I really wish gadget sites wouldn't review cameras. They should leave that up to camera sites. They are really reaching here to find the "bad"

QuoteQuote:
The good
Weatherproof casing, 720p video mode, plenty of features, plenty of buttons, mic-in socket, HDMI support

The bad
No 1080p movie mode, ISO only goes up to 6400, frame rate isn't as fast as the 50D, megapixel count not as high as the 50D either
The two things I made bold there are ridiculous. First off, some people prefer less megapixels as long as the camera has at least 6. Besides that, holy shit that is simply a retarded statement seeing as how 50D has 15.1mp, and the K-7 has 14.6. Seriously; having .5 less megapixels is worth listing as a negative? Plus the K-7 uses a 1.5x crop factor where Canon uses a 1.6. I'd never buy a Canon APS-C camera because I can't do the math in my head.

Second. Only 6400? WTF. They could make it go all the way om to 25,600 if they wanted, but that doesn't mean the photos will be usable...just like every other camera not named the Nikon D700.

On top of that they don't even list built-in SR as a positive. Apparently having .6 less megapixels is worth mentioning, but not built in SR. Ugh, the stupid, it burns.

06-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote

I really wish gadget sites wouldn't review cameras. They should leave that up to camera sites. They are really reaching here to find the "bad"

The two things I made bold there are ridiculous. First off, some people prefer less megapixels as long as the camera has at least 6. Besides that, holy shit that is simply a retarded statement seeing as how 50D has 15.1mp, and the K-7 has 14.6. Seriously; having .5 less megapixels is worth listing as a negative? Plus the K-7 uses a 1.5x crop factor where Canon uses a 1.6. I'd never buy a Canon APS-C camera because I can't do the math in my head.

Second. Only 6400? WTF. They could make it go all the way om to 25,600 if they wanted, but that doesn't mean the photos will be usable...just like every other camera not named the Nikon D700.

On top of that they don't even list built-in SR as a positive. Apparently having .6 less megapixels is worth mentioning, but not built in SR. Ugh, the stupid, it burns.
Except the D700 is EVEN LOWER MEGAPIXELS!!1! Obviously inferior.

Ugh, this is the same reason I don't follow engadget's digital camera coverage anymore. And WTF, "plenty of buttons"?
06-01-2009, 09:57 AM   #6
Forum Member

Just added my thoughts to the article.

The review is very weak, and not objective at all. I think this is one of the worst previews I've seen.

What kind of technology author would say "it has plenty of buttons" LOL
06-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote

Seems like it's been edited. It now says

QuoteQuote:
The bad
No 1080p movie mode, ISO limited to 6400
The whole review sounds quite favorable to the camera.

06-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NorrisTudor Quote

What kind of technology author would say "it has plenty of buttons" LOL
I guess they mean it has more dedicated buttons (ie. dedicated iso, which I certainly appreaciate) "it has plenty of buttons" is for those not necessarily tech-lingo fluent
06-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ricardobeat Quote
Seems like it's been edited.
Yep, the editor left this comment:

QuoteQuote:
Thanks for the comments. Regarding the comparison to the 50D in the Cons, I've removed them as it seems inappropriate to draw those comparisons in that section of this First Look - you are right, it could turn into a huge list of differences, which is better expressed in the text.
Interesting that he says its "better expressed in the text". I think he realized that it was simply ridiculous that he pointed out a .5 megapixel difference as a con, and was called out on it. So he had to remove it or lose all credibility.