Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2009, 07:33 AM   #1
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 171
K7 Multiple exposure

Anyone has details regarding the multiple exposure mode in K7?
Similar to K20D?
Can it still use continuous shooting even in multiple exposure mode?
up to 5 frame?

06-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Prince George, BC Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 644
QuoteOriginally posted by yipchunyu Quote
Anyone has details regarding the multiple exposure mode in K7?
Similar to K20D?
Can it still use continuous shooting even in multiple exposure mode?
up to 5 frame?
Even my K10D can shoot either continues or single frame with multiple exposure (up to 9 frames) so don't see why the K-7 wouldn't do that.

Here are examples ...the first a 5 shot multiple exposure in continuous mode and the second in single mode so I could throw one frame out of focus and the second in focus.



06-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 171
Original Poster
But my K20D can't do that. When I set multiple exposure, it only shoot one frame. Anyone with K20D can check this too?
06-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
Forum Member
Jaleel's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 74
You must read the manual I think

06-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 171
Original Poster
What I do:
1. go to rec. mode
2. select Multi-exposure
3. Change from Off -> 3 times (in number of shots)
4. Click Fn and up arrow
5. change the driver mode to Continuous shooting (Hi)

Anything wrong? Pls advice.
06-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Prince George, BC Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 644
QuoteOriginally posted by yipchunyu Quote
What I do:
1. go to rec. mode
2. select Multi-exposure
3. Change from Off -> 3 times (in number of shots)
4. Click Fn and up arrow
5. change the driver mode to Continuous shooting (Hi)

Anything wrong? Pls advice.
Same procedure with the K10
06-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
Veteran Member
nulla's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 1,560
QuoteOriginally posted by MikePerham Quote
Same procedure with the K10
Press the RAW button prior to taking 2-9 shots
06-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 19
QuoteOriginally posted by yipchunyu Quote
What I do:
1. go to rec. mode
2. select Multi-exposure
3. Change from Off -> 3 times (in number of shots)
4. Click Fn and up arrow
5. change the driver mode to Continuous shooting (Hi)

Anything wrong? Pls advice.
Change the drive mode before selecting multi-exposure because entering Fn menu cancels it.

06-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #9
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 171
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by comet4 Quote
Change the drive mode before selecting multi-exposure because entering Fn menu cancels it.
try it again but still no luck.
does it really works?
06-05-2009, 04:26 AM   #10
Veteran Member
nulla's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 1,560
QuoteOriginally posted by yipchunyu Quote
try it again but still no luck.
does it really works?
I shoot in JPEG

1change the driver mode to Continuous shooting (Hi)
then
2. go to rec. mode
3. select Multi-exposure
4. Change from Off -> 3 times (in number of shots)

If shooting in JPEG press the RAW button prior to taking shots

This works for me
06-06-2009, 06:30 AM   #11
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 171
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
I shoot in JPEG

1change the driver mode to Continuous shooting (Hi)
then
2. go to rec. mode
3. select Multi-exposure
4. Change from Off -> 3 times (in number of shots)

If shooting in JPEG press the RAW button prior to taking shots

This works for me
doesn't work for me. checked the manual, it will cancel the multiple exposure as if user click the raw button.
06-06-2009, 11:57 PM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,299
QuoteOriginally posted by yipchunyu Quote
try it again but still no luck.
does it really works?
It does work for me.
Make sure you set the multiple exposure as the last step.

And keep pressing the shutter, there is a pause between shots, so it is slower than what you expect from continuous drive.
06-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #13
Veteran Member
mattdm's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,964
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
It does work for me.
Make sure you set the multiple exposure as the last step.

And keep pressing the shutter, there is a pause between shots, so it is slower than what you expect from continuous drive.
I notice the K20D adds a One-Touch Bracketing ("When 'on,' a single shutter press takes all bracketed shots") option to the Custom menu very cool. The K10D has no such option.

Does this affect the multi-exposure mode on the K20D?
06-07-2009, 01:11 AM   #14
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 171
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
It does work for me.
Make sure you set the multiple exposure as the last step.

And keep pressing the shutter, there is a pause between shots, so it is slower than what you expect from continuous drive.
thx, it works now but it's really really slow. haha. don't know whether it will be faster in K7 or not.
06-07-2009, 04:36 AM   #15
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
I notice the K20D adds a One-Touch Bracketing ("When 'on,' a single shutter press takes all bracketed shots") option to the Custom menu very cool. The K10D has no such option.

Does this affect the multi-exposure mode on the K20D?
No, it does not. And for me that's just as well, because although I want to press the shutter once when bracketing, I want full control over when I take each shot in a multiple exposure.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
exposure, k7, mode, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black & White B&W multiple exposure. marography Post Your Photos! 1 06-12-2010 02:24 PM
Multiple exposure on K20D Javaslinger Pentax DSLR Discussion 9 02-18-2009 02:33 AM
Multiple exposure - which camera? Stefun Pentax Film SLR Discussion 5 11-24-2008 07:51 AM
multiple exposure gpaual Post Your Photos! 0 11-12-2007 08:59 AM
multiple multiple exposure Donald Post Your Photos! 6 05-17-2007 07:43 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:23 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top