Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I tend to doubt they'd make a hinged, openable sensor module with all those casings just to show off a 'proptotype.'

I think it's a lot more plausible that that is what it appears to be.

06-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
I'm expecting something like the K-8
Dan, how radical of you
06-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
personalty I am waiting for FF Pentax and I am not ashamed to say that ... yes I am waiting for a FF pentax ... hopefully in a smaller body then the 5D ....I am investing in FF Pentax ( buying only FF lenses) and I will pay for a FF pentax camera ...
You may have a long wait! Likely Pentax will stick with APS for the 35mm style DSLR and the 645D for larger sensors.
06-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
well leica makes about 500 M8s a year and sell them all... I am sure that a FF pentax will sell more than that..
I am not sure how the camera business works but if leica can do a high end model and sell only 500 a year and still survive by selling a lot of low end models then it might be possible ... I might be wrong thou... I am far from being an expert.. I follow my heart and my heart loves pentax ..
Well, if you use Leica as an example, this would be exactly what Pentax should avoid!
Leica is struggling and barely rises above the water themselves:
Late to Digital, Leica Slow to Refocus - WSJ.com

06-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
The 645D was shown along with the K-7 at the Tokyo show about a week ago so I would think it will be coming out in the next 12 months.
Gimme gimme.
06-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Well, if you use Leica as an example, this would be exactly what Pentax should avoid!
Leica is struggling and barely rises above the water themselves:
Late to Digital, Leica Slow to Refocus - WSJ.com
Leica is a company that makes excellent products.

I have a Leica...a 1952 111f with a 50mm f3.5 Elmar lens. I've had it since 1981. It still functions perfectly...a lovely piece of precisely engineered, exceedingly well built equipment.

I derive great pleasure in using it...using the controls is almost a sensual experience. When I press the shutter button...the refined, mechanical feel is like no other camera... Imagine that...after almost 60 years of photographic service. The pictures it takes are in a word...excellent.

But the problem with Leica is that it is built to a very high standard....a standard that most people are not prepared to pay.

But I guarantee you that if more people put a Leica through it's paces...they would want one and if they had the financial means, would probably get one.
06-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #22
Veteran Member

isn't Pentax a pooor mans leica?

06-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
Dunno...I do know that I've always been impressed with the quality of my Takumar and Pentax lenses and camera bodies.
06-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Posts #21 and #23 edited- please don't type in all bold letters.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #25
Veteran Member

If you look so forward..

If you look so forward, you might need to look at the other brands! A D3X, a 5DMkII or a Pana GH1 etc. might be something that you should get. :-)

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
The K7 looks like a great camera...I'm waiting eagerly for the first tests and reviews.

Although some unimaginative posters will roll their saying it's way too early...the K7 isn't even in consumers hands as of yet.

That's right...I acknowledge that fact...now if that's all you have...let's move on.

This is a fun thread...a speculative thread.

However many are wondering what the future...in these....uncertain times will hold for Pentax. Part of Pentax's future will of course be predicated on the acceptance of the new K7 and also on the sales of the basic entry KM/K2000.

It seems fairly established that Pentax will continue with it's current frame size...no full framers in the future...unless of course, market forces cause Pentax to reconsider.

So the questions remain:
  • What features, level will the K7's replacement have and be ?
  • When will the K7 replacement come out ?
  • Who...which parent company ie; Hoya...or will Samsung or will some other corporate entity take over by then ?
  • I almost forgot...will Pentax replace their much vaunted medium formats...the Pentax 6 X 7 and the 645...with the digital equivalents ?
  • Where do you see Pentax in 5 years...in 10 years ?
06-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #26
ogl
Banned

I think so.
06-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
If you look so forward, you might need to look at the other brands! A D3X, a 5DMkII or a Pana GH1 etc. might be something that you should get. :-)
I've had Pentax SLR's since 1968.....have 5 bodies...3 film, 2 digital. I'm in for the long haul with Pentax. But I also have other camera makes too.
06-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I've had...
Hmm.... it looks like you are not getting message....

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Posts #21 and #23 edited- please don't type in all bold letters.
:ugh:
06-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #29
Veteran Member

No.... Pentax is missing their high end....multiple medium format streams (645 / 67). They will either make it with the 645d or push the FF at a later date.....
06-03-2009, 11:55 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

Those are from old prototype AFAIK.
No more sensor cleaning like this and no more CF card according to newer prototype pictures.