Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
isn't Pentax a pooor mans leica?
I prefer to think of Pentax as a smart man's Leica.

06-04-2009, 06:41 AM   #32
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K200D is sold out. K-m's days are numbered.
No more new delivery of K-m to dealers.
K20D is still in production. Suprise!

But no any doubt - New model(s) will be launched very soon. I think - it will be September.
Maybe even the end of August.
06-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
[*]Where do you see Pentax in 5 years...in 10 years ?[/LIST]
If the 645D succeeds they will be a fringe company in the pro market with a growing support base in the rental, supply and repair business and a full frame body or two on offer.

If not, they will continue to be an affordable alternative in the advanced hobbiest category, a step or two behind the big boys but a strong contender for best bang for the cropped sensor buck.
06-05-2009, 07:56 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote

But no any doubt - New model(s) will be launched very soon. I think - it will be September.
How do you know all this stuff ?

06-08-2009, 03:42 AM   #35
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
I'm expecting something like the K-8
- K-10, already,
- K-9, "Canine", impossible,
- K-8, "Kate", almost the same,
- K-6, "Case-X" or lower number, maybe.
Of course I'm only joking about names, but it's important to marketing nevertheless.
06-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I agree that in the future only the big electronic companies will dominate and the camera companies will become a part of them. I wouldn't be surprised if Pentax is sold to some firm...perhaps Samsung.

Can you think of any big electronic company that have suceeded in the DSLR market?
Sony has been buying marketshare bleeding money; for how long will it continue?
Sony is strictly selling to entry level users who do not want to pay for their cameras. The Sony upper level bodies are sales failures. The FF body the largest moneydrain in DSLR history (probably).
06-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tommy Quote
Judging the 2:nd picture, to me, it looks like the 645D is going to be sealed.
But the 3:rd picture with completely opened back makes me wonder....it doesn't look like there is any rubber around the edges on the opened back, but they could have added that on the body instead. Or, instead of body, should I say; "other half of the camera" instead?

Is this the latest prototype? We have seen pictures of the first prototype (from a few years ago) with the back opened, but, as far as I know, there hasn't been any pictures before on the new(est) prototype with the back opened..

These pictures are all of the old prototype. The new ones has a somewhat different interface and completely redesigned electronics. It probably use the K-7 camera circuitry design.
07-02-2009, 06:38 AM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
In fact I believe in the long term only the big electronic giants will dominate: Sony, Samsung, Panasonic... maybe Canon. Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, etc maybe relegated to brand names. Which is already the case for Pentax since the Hoya take over.
This is a pretty uninformed point of view. Have u ever thought about what nikon, canon and pentax actually do apart from cameras?
They make glass and imaging products for the most precise jobs in the world, such as construction of micro processors. Alot of medical gear is also made these companies.
These imaging companies make multi-million dollar machines which companies such as sony can only dream to come close to in terms of quality. Im sure if they really wanted to nikon could probably come out with a $10000 lens of superb quality.
The point is, just cause of the way technology is moving with electronic goods, it wont change camera companies popping out amazing models of cameras

07-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Am I right in thinking that the current sensors have reached their virtual limitation in regard to megapixels? Which means that in order to compete with the current crop of high end Dslr's (Canon D5 etc) Pentax will need to produce a FF camera in order to get up around the 20+ megapixel range. Having just purchsed a K20 instead of the K7 I will be eagerly waiting to see what Pentax are going to do next. As I use my equipment professionaly I would love to see a 21 megapixel FF camera on the horizon!
07-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #40

Some rumors I have heard lately:

- In September/October we will see a new camera K300D (the K200D replacement)

- 645D will arrive afterwards (no date)

- Finally, Pentax will fill the gap between the 645D and K-7 (a FF camera? no date, sorry, maybe in 2 years from now?)

Rumors, I know, but I want to think they will become true...
07-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #41
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by cooldude14es Quote
Some rumors I have heard lately:

- In September/October we will see a new camera K300D (the K200D replacement)

- 645D will arrive afterwards (no date)
645D could be launched early than March, 2010.
Maybe not later December, 2009.
07-03-2009, 01:10 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Male Gorilla Quote
Almost sure then they plan to repeat the k10d - k20d situation - a fine new body with average sensor. and in a year the same body with better sensor.
It took more than a year,
K10D announced september 2006, K20D anounced january2008, that is more like 15 months. Only Oly comes with new models within a year...
07-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #43
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote

I was told that it will be closer to Christmas.
07-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #44
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
I was told that it will be closer to Christmas.
The announcement is planned on September. Anyway, we will be able to buy new K on November - 100%.
07-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
Am I right in thinking that the current sensors have reached their virtual limitation in regard to megapixels?
After much long discussion, including multiple topics on this forum, the answer that has turned up is, consistently, NO.

Higher pixel density (paired with good sensor design) only brings image quality benefits. The barriers are manufacturing costs and memory space. These problems are, as always rapidly diminishing.

Higher pixel densities will continue to roll off the lines, however, ~12mp is all most users could really need or want, so I expect that while some camera lines will keep increasing in resolution, other lines will probably stick around this number for a while.