Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
European Union is larger market for DSLRs than USA. That's a fact.

And consider the fact that in Europe Pentax is well represented in photo equipment shops, department stores, etc. At the same time I constantly read that people in USA are complaining that they can't find any shops which carry Pentax equipment. How do you think, where they sell more equipment and which market is more important to them?
that's the reason I guess on why the price of the K-7 is almost 2,000 USD in equivalent when sold in the EUro market.

06-29-2009, 12:32 AM   #92
Inactive Account

Interesting.

Anyway, I'm just being a bad sport. I can wait a couple extra weeks since I already have a pre-order placed with amazon, I'm just impatient.
However, if it's not here by the end of the week I might look to ebay if prices aren't outrageous.

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
Alot of stores Mcbains for one says they have a planned order of about 15-20 to come in and only 5 people have pre-ordered. I think to safe to say every store is sold out already is jumping the gun.
06-29-2009, 12:46 AM   #93
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
that's the reason I guess on why the price of the K-7 is almost 2,000 USD in equivalent when sold in the EUro market.
Yeah, we love our 21% VAT
06-29-2009, 01:06 AM   #94

Any news regarding europe? Is the K-7 coming this week. Because my local camera shop owner still insists that importer has said that the date to Finland is 2.11.!

And I'm starting to look options, because I would need the camera on 11.7. shooting one local festival. I have my K10D but it's reserved for that week to a timelapse work on that festival, and I still would like to shoot normally too.

Well hopefully I can get the camera somewhere in eu before that.

-Juho

EDIT:

2.11. date was a joke from importer and I was already little scared, but K-7 should be delivered to Finland 13.7. onwards. (Cameras expected to arriwe at importers warehouse in Sweden on 11.7.)

Last edited by jaitas; 06-29-2009 at 05:27 AM. Reason: new info
06-29-2009, 01:09 AM   #95
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jaitas Quote
Any news regarding europe? Is the K-7 coming this week. Because my local camera shop owner still insists that importer has said that the date to Finland is 2.11.!

And I'm starting to look options, because I would need the camera on 11.7. shooting one local festival. I have my K10D but it's reserved for that week to a timelapse work on that festival, and I still would like to shoot normally too.

Well hopefully I can get the camera somewhere in eu before that.

-Juho
As for Belgium:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/645087-post44.html
06-29-2009, 08:33 AM   #96
Forum Member

European Union is larger market for DSLRs than USA. That's a fact.

And consider the fact that in Europe Pentax is well represented in photo equipment shops, department stores, etc. At the same time I constantly read that people in USA are complaining that they can't find any shops which carry Pentax equipment. How do you think, where they sell more equipment and which market is more important to them?
Well you should get your fact straight because last time I checked Europe - the EU- is 27 countries and the US is ONE country. You might as well say that Asia or Africa are bigger market than the US.

You're probably pissed cause you're from "Europe".

Check the numbers by countries, not idea of them

"At the same time I constantly read that people in USA are complaining that they can't find any shops which carry Pentax equipment."

yeah and we only eat cheeseburgers all year round...

Last edited by LosAnJulien; 06-29-2009 at 08:38 AM.
06-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
My local dealer in Norway says 10.07 and got his info from Pentax in Norway. A big internet shop in Norway has changed delivery date to 03.07.

06-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #98
Veteran Member

At the same time I constantly read that people in USA are complaining that they can't find any shops which carry Pentax equipment.
They are complaining just because they can't walk in and see it - but just see it, w/o buying... otherwise most are not that stupid to buy in B&M shop and pay sales taxes (and B&M prices are higher in general)...
06-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #99
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just ordered a DA70mm and asked the B&H guy Yossi when the K-7 is arriving. They're stickin' to their story, "...Pentax says sometime in July..." Oh well, I'm sure when I get back in town on the 20th they will be out; probably out of stock. lol
07-02-2009, 05:20 AM   #100

Just got a phonecall from my supplier in Holland; the official statement from Pentax Holland is that by end July the first K-7's will be shipped. However, they expect to get insufficient camera's so the actual delivery to all shops will be 2nd week of August.

Glad I planned my holiday in September...
07-02-2009, 05:45 AM   #101

I just got the first K-7 delivered in Greece. It is the small kit, with the 18-55 WR. A tiring weekend is announced !

Anavasi
07-02-2009, 06:01 AM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arie_Kraai Quote
Just got a phonecall from my supplier in Holland; the official statement from Pentax Holland is that by end July the first K-7's will be shipped. However, they expect to get insufficient camera's so the actual delivery to all shops will be 2nd week of August.

Glad I planned my holiday in September...
and delivery in Greece already??
Why is Holland always late?