Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #91
Veteran Member
Pentaxor's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,513
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
European Union is larger market for DSLRs than USA. That's a fact.

And consider the fact that in Europe Pentax is well represented in photo equipment shops, department stores, etc. At the same time I constantly read that people in USA are complaining that they can't find any shops which carry Pentax equipment. How do you think, where they sell more equipment and which market is more important to them?
that's the reason I guess on why the price of the K-7 is almost 2,000 USD in equivalent when sold in the EUro market.

06-29-2009, 12:32 AM   #92
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 818
Interesting.

Anyway, I'm just being a bad sport. I can wait a couple extra weeks since I already have a pre-order placed with amazon, I'm just impatient.
However, if it's not here by the end of the week I might look to ebay if prices aren't outrageous.

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
Alot of stores Mcbains for one says they have a planned order of about 15-20 to come in and only 5 people have pre-ordered. I think to safe to say every store is sold out already is jumping the gun.
06-29-2009, 12:46 AM   #93
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,260
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
that's the reason I guess on why the price of the K-7 is almost 2,000 USD in equivalent when sold in the EUro market.
Yeah, we love our 21% VAT
06-29-2009, 01:06 AM   #94
Senior Member
jaitas's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oulu
Posts: 124
Any news regarding europe? Is the K-7 coming this week. Because my local camera shop owner still insists that importer has said that the date to Finland is 2.11.!

And I'm starting to look options, because I would need the camera on 11.7. shooting one local festival. I have my K10D but it's reserved for that week to a timelapse work on that festival, and I still would like to shoot normally too.

Well hopefully I can get the camera somewhere in eu before that.

-Juho

EDIT:

2.11. date was a joke from importer and I was already little scared, but K-7 should be delivered to Finland 13.7. onwards. (Cameras expected to arriwe at importers warehouse in Sweden on 11.7.)


Last edited by jaitas; 06-29-2009 at 05:27 AM. Reason: new info
06-29-2009, 01:09 AM   #95
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,260
QuoteOriginally posted by jaitas Quote
Any news regarding europe? Is the K-7 coming this week. Because my local camera shop owner still insists that importer has said that the date to Finland is 2.11.!

And I'm starting to look options, because I would need the camera on 11.7. shooting one local festival. I have my K10D but it's reserved for that week to a timelapse work on that festival, and I still would like to shoot normally too.

Well hopefully I can get the camera somewhere in eu before that.

-Juho
As for Belgium:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/645087-post44.html
06-29-2009, 08:33 AM   #96
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 67
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
European Union is larger market for DSLRs than USA. That's a fact.

And consider the fact that in Europe Pentax is well represented in photo equipment shops, department stores, etc. At the same time I constantly read that people in USA are complaining that they can't find any shops which carry Pentax equipment. How do you think, where they sell more equipment and which market is more important to them?
Well you should get your fact straight because last time I checked Europe - the EU- is 27 countries and the US is ONE country. You might as well say that Asia or Africa are bigger market than the US.

You're probably pissed cause you're from "Europe".

Check the numbers by countries, not idea of them

"At the same time I constantly read that people in USA are complaining that they can't find any shops which carry Pentax equipment."

yeah and we only eat cheeseburgers all year round...

Last edited by LosAnJulien; 06-29-2009 at 08:38 AM.
06-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #97
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Norway
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 385
Original Poster
My local dealer in Norway says 10.07 and got his info from Pentax in Norway. A big internet shop in Norway has changed delivery date to 03.07.
06-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #98
Veteran Member
deejjjaaaa's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: steel city / rust belt
Posts: 2,046
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
At the same time I constantly read that people in USA are complaining that they can't find any shops which carry Pentax equipment.
They are complaining just because they can't walk in and see it - but just see it, w/o buying... otherwise most are not that stupid to buy in B&M shop and pay sales taxes (and B&M prices are higher in general)...

06-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #99
Veteran Member
mysterick's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 44266
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 428
I just ordered a DA70mm and asked the B&H guy Yossi when the K-7 is arriving. They're stickin' to their story, "...Pentax says sometime in July..." Oh well, I'm sure when I get back in town on the 20th they will be out; probably out of stock. lol
07-02-2009, 05:20 AM   #100
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gouda, Holland
Posts: 6
Just got a phonecall from my supplier in Holland; the official statement from Pentax Holland is that by end July the first K-7's will be shipped. However, they expect to get insufficient camera's so the actual delivery to all shops will be 2nd week of August.

Glad I planned my holiday in September...
07-02-2009, 05:45 AM   #101
New Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Athens
Posts: 9
I just got the first K-7 delivered in Greece. It is the small kit, with the 18-55 WR. A tiring weekend is announced !

Anavasi
07-02-2009, 06:01 AM   #102
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 908
QuoteOriginally posted by Arie_Kraai Quote
Just got a phonecall from my supplier in Holland; the official statement from Pentax Holland is that by end July the first K-7's will be shipped. However, they expect to get insufficient camera's so the actual delivery to all shops will be 2nd week of August.

Glad I planned my holiday in September...
and delivery in Greece already??
Why is Holland always late?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
date, norway, pentax news, pentax rumors, release, release date
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Release date of the Pentax K-5! johnmflores Pentax News and Rumors 25 10-10-2010 01:47 AM
K-x US release date? caseygtc Pentax DSLR Discussion 6 10-13-2009 03:22 PM
K200D release date? Mallee Boy Pentax News and Rumors 11 03-08-2008 07:19 PM
Release date ACImages Pentax News and Rumors 12 12-28-2007 08:27 AM
Release Date for K10D Photo Tramp Pentax DSLR Discussion 15 11-08-2006 08:31 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:10 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top