Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2009, 09:03 AM   #61
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Indecent Exposure Quote
If you regarding to Henry's in Toronto Ontario, CA (Canada). We have purchased many item's from them and they have no issues shipping to the USA.
http://www.henrys.com right?

apparently they have multiple location so...I guess it's the same

I emailed them but no reply so far, I have a pre-order @adorama but I'm looking left and right to see where I can grab one before July 13th!

06-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #62

Welll... I just got off the phone with Cord Camera (where I pre-ordered the K-7 a couple of weeks ago), and they informed me that their warehouse does not expect a shipment until AUGUST 15th!! I was pretty shocked. The last time I had spoken with them, they were anticipating getting them as early as this past week (which I did have a hard time believing). I'm just a little frustrated now, since I've already sold my Pentax body and other gear and have a wedding the first week of August.

I'm no shipping/manufacturing/distribution expert, but it seems to me that Pentax could have done a better job releasing the K-7. It seems to me that a LOT of potential K-7 buyers (including myself) are not attached to the Pentax system, so I would think a 2-3 month delay between announcement and shipment is simply too long to be able to hold someone's interest when other equally competent cameras are already on the market.

Perhaps this is isolated to Cord Camera (things aren't looking good for their business), but the uncertainty of an arrival date for all of the US (have we heard anything more definite than "mid-July" from Pentax??) has me worried, and has me looking at other brands. I can't imagine a corporation as large as Pentax (or Hoya) not actually knowing when its biggest, best, most-anticipated consumer product will actually launch MONTHS before the actual date, let alone a couple of weeks. I can't imagine running a business in such an uninformed, sloppy, 'it will get there when it gets there' manner. Nikon's D5000 was announced April 14th and shipped April 27th, for example.

I'm hoping the Cord Camera associate read the screen wrong, or was looking at the wrong product, or something...but if I honestly can't expect to spend $1300 on the K-7 until almost 3 months after its announcement, my $1300 is going elsewhere.

End rant.
06-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #63
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You might want to contact B&H, adorama or some other vendor if you need it for the wedding. I know the local Pentax Rep and he assures me that Pentax will be shipping to stores this week in Canada. I can't imagine that the USA would be behind us.
06-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hunterr Quote
Welll... I just got off the phone with Cord Camera (where I pre-ordered the K-7 a couple of weeks ago), and they informed me that their warehouse does not expect a shipment until AUGUST 15th!! I was pretty shocked. The last time I had spoken with them, they were anticipating getting them as early as this past week (which I did have a hard time believing). I'm just a little frustrated now, since I've already sold my Pentax body and other gear and have a wedding the first week of August.

I'm no shipping/manufacturing/distribution expert, but it seems to me that Pentax could have done a better job releasing the K-7. It seems to me that a LOT of potential K-7 buyers (including myself) are not attached to the Pentax system, so I would think a 2-3 month delay between announcement and shipment is simply too long to be able to hold someone's interest when other equally competent cameras are already on the market.

Perhaps this is isolated to Cord Camera (things aren't looking good for their business), but the uncertainty of an arrival date for all of the US (have we heard anything more definite than "mid-July" from Pentax??) has me worried, and has me looking at other brands. I can't imagine a corporation as large as Pentax (or Hoya) not actually knowing when its biggest, best, most-anticipated consumer product will actually launch MONTHS before the actual date, let alone a couple of weeks. I can't imagine running a business in such an uninformed, sloppy, 'it will get there when it gets there' manner. Nikon's D5000 was announced April 14th and shipped April 27th, for example.

I'm hoping the Cord Camera associate read the screen wrong, or was looking at the wrong product, or something...but if I honestly can't expect to spend $1300 on the K-7 until almost 3 months after its announcement, my $1300 is going elsewhere.
End rant.

you could order the K-7 from Japan or anywhere or in any store that it is already available. you dont have to wait for cord camera if they are uncertain of the arrival date. I think that is more of an internal matter between the cord and Pentax. could be the shipment had encountered some trouble or if Cord Camera are having second thoughts as to how many units they are going to get or cancelled their orders.

as for me, I'm contented with the arrival date. mine should be expected next week. even better if it arrives on Tuesday. a day before Canada Day and wont miss the fireworks. but I might as well wait to get it next saturday til I get my credit card cleared or replenished for next month's payment. I just need the cash now and opt to pay on credit.

06-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #65
Forum Member

If I really cannot get one before July 13th I'll settle for a K20D I guess.

I would assume that Pentax sets a conservative date to avoid complaints regarding delays. Japan has it already Canada apparently has it next week, and US 2 weeks later?! Weird, and irritating.

Ordering from Japan is a no-go for me, even Canada I'm not so sure unless I can secure something a lot more solid than a 6 to 10 days Xpresspost with henrys; carrier reliability is of great concern.
06-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #66
Forum Member

PENTAX - 14.6-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera - Black - K-7

click on estimate arrival time for lots of fun
06-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #67
Inactive Account

Can someone just post the date listed on the best buy site? The only internet access I have is on my phone, and I can't view the estimated arrival date on there for some reason.

QuoteOriginally posted by LosAnJulien Quote
PENTAX - 14.6-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera - Black - K-7

click on estimate arrival time for lots of fun

06-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #68

It says between July 25 and July 31.
06-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #69
Inactive Account

I hope that's either a guess, or not the case for all US stores. Since Canada is supposed to get it tomorrow and Japan already has it, I hope it makes it to Amazon's warehouse sometime within the next week. I'm dying to try it out.
06-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #70
Inactive Account

We're #1

Canada apparently has it next week, and US 2 weeks later?! Weird, and irritating.
We're #1!

Ordering from Japan is a no-go for me, even Canada I'm not so sure unless I can secure something a lot more solid than a 6 to 10 days Xpresspost with henrys; carrier reliability is of great concern.
Xpresspost has faster than 6-10 day shipping: Canada Post - Mailing, Shipping, Marketing, Shopping, Sharing. There's also FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc. Canada is a first world country, eh?
06-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #71
Veteran Member

I find Canada Post one of the worst mailing systems I've had to deal with ever. I'm sure Canada and the US will get it at the same time with a difference being in a day or so.
06-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #72
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
We're #1!

Xpresspost has faster than 6-10 day shipping: Canada Post - Mailing, Shipping, Marketing, Shopping, Sharing. There's also FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc. Canada is a first world country, eh?
Henrys seems to offer only Xpresspost or PriorityPost which feels rather shady, I'd have to inquire with them.
06-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #73
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
I find Canada Post one of the worst mailing systems I've had to deal with ever. I'm sure Canada and the US will get it at the same time with a difference being in a day or so.
I doubt it honestly, every single US stores seem to list it available no earlier than mid-july.
06-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #74
Inactive Account

Has anyone tried contacting a Pentax rep in the US and asking them? It seems to have worked for our friends to the north.
06-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #75
Veteran Member

"As reported previously, we expect to start shipping units to dealers in the U.S. by the middle of July."

~ Ned Bunnell, in response to a comment on his blog. (NED BUNNELL)