Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rice High,

You are implying that Contax owned Asahi Optical (or
Asahi Kogaku Goshi Kaisha)at one time and that is misleading and incorrect. VEB Zeis-Ikon idea "Pentax" (of Pentaprisma and Contax) was sold to Asahi Optical at a low cost around 1954. The exception would seem to be South Africa.

Pentax Original

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
That's interesting info! I always thought these japanese camera brand names were made similar to german brand names on purpose (Pentax-Contax, Nikon-Zeiss Ikon), I had no idea Zeiss came up with the name themselves.
Actually, its no secrete that "Pentax" came from Pentacon + Contax and the name was sold to Asahi Optical in 1954 which turned out to be a major mistake.

06-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just had to post it

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
[COLOR=Black] The exception would seem to be South Africa.

Screw Mount Oddities
One more:
06-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
So what? To anyone who was not already informed on the subject (which includes almost everyone), it is all new. Does every piece of information shared on this site have to be original?

Rob
Original? Not at all - but there is an ongoing theme of the OP claiming some "new" or inside info, or quoting someone who claims the same - apparently to drive hits to his website - only to be revealed to the reader as a mashup of old, publicly available information.

Stating there is nothing new here refers to another of RiceHigh's misleading threads. Anyone who spends any time at all googling Asahi or Pentax will find articles posted over ten years ago. Much of the text linked by RH is copied word-for-word from those articles.

In the case of the AOHC article, the text is copyrighted.
06-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Original? Not at all - but there is an ongoing theme of the OP claiming some "new" or inside info, or quoting someone who claims the same - apparently to drive hits to his website - only to be revealed to the reader as a mashup of old, publicly available information.
When and where I claimed that those information are "new" or "insider"?? I only said that those information are not commonly known by many people.

QuoteQuote:
Stating there is nothing new here refers to another of RiceHigh's misleading threads. Anyone who spends any time at all googling Asahi or Pentax will find articles posted over ten years ago.
Why you need to overreact as such when I am just trying to share my latest findings on what I have read and found?

QuoteQuote:
Much of the text linked by RH is copied word-for-word from those articles.

In the case of the AOHC article, the text is copyrighted.
The AOHC article does not tell exactly the things and its coverage is not exactly matching the Chinese article I've quoted.

And, if the history is true, what "copyright" then? What do you want to imply??

It really seems that your hatreds on me personally just make you insane and senseless. Relax, man!

06-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #35
Veteran Member

I believe you should know better.

"Pentax" Was "Contax"!
Is just completely misleading and sensationalizing a simple fact for whatever
reason...........
I suspect that your article may "know" as much as the info from Dario Bonazza
(Contributors to SPOTMATIC are Danilo Cecchi, Ermanno Barchiesi and Dario Bonazza from Italy, Ian D.C. Shephard and Derek J. White from Great Britain, Ralf Engelmann from Germany, Pedro Oliveira from Portugal, Peter Jonkman from the Netherlands, Preston Cook and Frederick C. Sherfy from U.S.A., Osamu Togo from Japan and many more all over the world. )
feel free to post the conflicting "ideas" here at this forum for discussion.......
So some get tired of your "tabloid" journalism. Such is life.....
Magazine
English
06-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #36
Veteran Member

All the while I thought Pentax was a combination of pentaprism and takumars = Pen + Taks
06-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #37
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Oh crap. Two grails. A Pentar and a BLACK Store Demonstrator. Nice. Two cameras for which I have been looking for 15 years...

woof!

06-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #38
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
"Pentax" Was "Contax"!
Is just completely misleading and sensationalizing a simple fact for whatever
reason...........
Right. That's what I got.

On the other hand, with due respect and giving the benefit of the doubt, perhaps English as a second language would explain this? An English speaker would recognize this as an inaccurate use of "was." Perhaps he simply meant:

[The] Pentax [name] was [based upon the name] Contax

and such omissions or meanings are allowable or allowed for in his native language?

... nah!

woof
06-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #39
Pentaxian

Your posts show that you understand nothing about businesses as a whole, R&D, marketing, manufacturing and investment in particular. Leave it (and us) be. We'll all be happier that way.
06-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #40
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
I believe the second feature was introduced by Ihagee. The Exakta had a quick-advance lever, but it was on the LEFT side of the body.
All right, all right. Fine.

If there is one thing I have learned in this forum in particular is that if someone is going to make you wrong you ARE going to be wrong.

Fine. I give up. I'm wrong.

So I apologize. Sorry. I guess I do feel sorry for Pentax after all.

There's not much else to say but thanks!

Seaain
06-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #41
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Oh crap. Two grails. A Pentar and a BLACK Store Demonstrator. Nice. Two cameras for which I have been looking for 15 years...

woof!
I wonder how many of the AP, S and K units were built as Pentar for the South African market.
Closed Thread