Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 199
K-7 price according to American Photo

In the same American Photo article that calls the K-7 "Advanced Camera of the Year," they quote the estimated price of the camera at "about $1,200." Should we expect the K-7 to be found that low right away at some retailers? Or do you all think that the price will hold steady at closer to $1,299 for the summer?

06-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 736
I think It will hold at $1300 even for a few months. It may come down as much as $1100 by christmas, but we will have to see.
Remember this camera is spec-ed to sell! with the combo of better AF, faster FPS and Video this is almost what all pentax users have been screaming for (minus video) since the *ist-D Plus this will attract a few newbies to the K-mount crowd.
Personaly I am buying one right away, than waiting a few months for a price drop than picking up a second and probably selling my K20D than (would be the first body I have ever sold to buy another) but this camera is spec-ed to what I need and want.
06-12-2009, 03:53 AM   #3
wll
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mission Hills, CA
Posts: 773
QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
I think It will hold at $1300 even for a few months. It may come down as much as $1100 by christmas, but we will have to see.
Remember this camera is spec-ed to sell! with the combo of better AF, faster FPS and Video this is almost what all pentax users have been screaming for (minus video) since the *ist-D Plus this will attract a few newbies to the K-mount crowd.
Personaly I am buying one right away, than waiting a few months for a price drop than picking up a second and probably selling my K20D than (would be the first body I have ever sold to buy another) but this camera is spec-ed to what I need and want.
Brendan,

I'm with you except I will wait about a month before I buy mine. I plan on buying two, along with the battery packs and extra batteries.

I recently sold off quite a bit of my older equipment and bought some new lenses in preparation for my K-7 purchase.

Before I buy the K-7's I will purchase two more lenses, the 60-250 f4.0 and the 200 f2.8. Already have the 50-135 f2.8 and the 16-50 f2.8.

This change over was an expensive ordeal, but the new camera and the energy Hoya is putting into Pentax tells me all systems are go !


wll
06-12-2009, 05:33 AM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,934
$1200 at Japan

QuoteOriginally posted by MidwestMax Quote
In the same American Photo article that calls the K-7 "Advanced Camera of the Year," they quote the estimated price of the camera at "about $1,200." Should we expect the K-7 to be found that low right away at some retailers? Or do you all think that the price will hold steady at closer to $1,299 for the summer?
At Japan, its $1200 lowest for pre-orders.


Last edited by Peter Zack; 06-12-2009 at 03:32 PM.
06-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 1,337
Pentax adjusted price up $100 right after K-7 announcement

Popularity?

Pentaxians clamouring for years wanting something faster than 3 frames per second?

Hoya overlords dictating to Pentax?

Who knows?

Heres a thread with a screen shot towards the end where it shows $1,199 price at B&H for K-7.

Enjoy:

K-7 on Sale at B&H...with Specs - Photo.net Pentax Forum


Me? I highly doubt K-7 will move down from $1300 before Christmas 09. In the meantime I've noticed many pentax lenses are up $100 or so or a bit less at B&H since K-7 announced. I write down prices so I recognize + or - change on things I have interest in.


QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
Brendan,

I'm with you except I will wait about a month before I buy mine. I plan on buying two, along with the battery packs and extra batteries.

I recently sold off quite a bit of my older equipment and bought some new lenses in preparation for my K-7 purchase.

Before I buy the K-7's I will purchase two more lenses, the 60-250 f4.0 and the 200 f2.8. Already have the 50-135 f2.8 and the 16-50 f2.8.

This change over was an expensive ordeal, but the new camera and the energy Hoya is putting into Pentax tells me all systems are go !


wll
06-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #6
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
It would cost the same or more by the time you pay for shipping, insurance and customs duty from Japan.
06-12-2009, 07:42 AM   #7
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 146
QuoteOriginally posted by MidwestMax Quote
In the same American Photo article that calls the K-7 "Advanced Camera of the Year," they quote the estimated price of the camera at "about $1,200." Should we expect the K-7 to be found that low right away at some retailers? Or do you all think that the price will hold steady at closer to $1,299 for the summer?
As you may know, print publications have to close their articles about a month before they are printed. At that time, we only had a tentative price, and that is what they went with. We tried to get it corrected, but it was too late.
06-12-2009, 07:53 AM   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 199
Original Poster
Thanks for clearing that up. $1,299 it is.

06-12-2009, 08:04 AM   #9
Veteran Member
deejjjaaaa's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: steel city / rust belt
Posts: 2,046
QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
I think It will hold at $1300 even for a few months..
$1299 is what B&H sells for right now - and it is tier 1 seller, so there will be tier 2 sellers selling for less @ eBay ($100 less is a good bet) where (I hope) you can count on M$ Live cashback (now M$ Bing cashback) = ~6-8% and may be more... count in some credit card cashback (paying using paypal from your cc) and you can get it for USD ~$1100 as soon as K-7 will be in stock @ tier 2 sellers in sufficient numbers
06-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #10
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 67
wll : "Before I buy the K-7's I will purchase two more lenses, the 60-250 f4.0 and the 200 f2.8. Already have the 50-135 f2.8 and the 16-50 f2.8."

Do you plan on selling your 50-135 f2.8 by any chance?!
06-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #11
wll
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mission Hills, CA
Posts: 773
QuoteOriginally posted by LosAnJulien Quote
wll : "Before I buy the K-7's I will purchase two more lenses, the 60-250 f4.0 and the 200 f2.8. Already have the 50-135 f2.8 and the 16-50 f2.8."

Do you plan on selling your 50-135 f2.8 by any chance?!
That lens sleeps with me, my girlfriend is very jealous :-)


wll
06-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 908
IN Europe price seems to be dropping

Initial salesprice was 1299,00 body only..
Now There are already stores which offer for less. One 1099,00 and one
1049,00.
I am sure I'd have one in february next year (Carnaval) and I was guessing the price then to be at 1000,00 or something... If this 1049 at a store I already have bought from remains that low, I think I will get one sooner
06-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #13
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vilcabamba, Loja
Posts: 216
Price Might Rise

QuoteOriginally posted by MidwestMax Quote
Or do you all think that the price will hold steady at closer to $1,299 for the summer?
Austrian Business Cycle Theory would project that the insane printing of money by central bankers is going to result in hyperinflation. This week, bond prices went up... Whatever the Hoya pricing plan is, I suspect conventional rationalizations no longer apply. Right now, it costs less than one oz. of gold. That's all I would bet on. Pricing in any fiat currency? Good arguments can be made for up or down.
06-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #14
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 67
QuoteQuote:
That lens sleeps with me, my girlfriend is very jealous :-)


Good to know, I'm considering either this one or the SMC-DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED cause I'm not sure what f2.8 would bring me. The 50-135 seems more solid though.
06-13-2009, 12:17 AM   #15
Veteran Member
nathancombs's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Waysboro va
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 517
i hope if every thing gos right to get one by dec. i hope that the $$$$$ gose down a bit so i will not have to sell as much of my blood
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
american, camera, k-7, pentax news, pentax rumors, photo, price
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
American photo magazine names pentax 645d an editors choice 2010 Adam Homepage & Official Pentax News 2 10-12-2010 05:13 PM
American Photo Magazine for $2.99/yr..... with coupon "PHOTO" speedoo Photographic Technique 2 07-26-2010 07:03 AM
Popular Photo vs. American Photography Pentax_XTC Pentax DSLR Discussion 26 10-29-2009 12:03 PM
American Photo Magazine Editor's Choice 2007 Christian Pentax DSLR Discussion 1 07-11-2007 05:56 PM
The K10D is camera of the year in American Photo. ebooks4pentax Pentax DSLR Discussion 11 06-18-2007 01:43 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:25 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top