Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
You should get your K-7 on Saturday...
Hopefully, provided that my dealer has the goods and I'm first enough in the queue!

Btw, I shall ask my dealer to confirm CDAF is available under the video mode before I act! The K-7 shouldn't lack this basic feature and be worse than the 500D, should it? :-)

06-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #17
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Btw, I shall ask my dealer to confirm CDAF is available under the video mode before I act! The K-7 shouldn't lack this basic feature and be worse than the 500D, should it? :-)
I bet it wont have it. I dont think it would be very useful if it did, the hunting of the caf would just ruin the video and is way to slow for moving objects.
06-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Production Unit!

QuoteOriginally posted by Vaikis_ Quote
LOL it's pre-production still and no sales in HK
Pre-production doesn't have goods box and full packing!
06-12-2009, 09:34 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
I bet it wont have it. I dont think it would be very useful if it did, the hunting of the caf would just ruin the video and is way to slow for moving objects.
So, what's the problem to have a *function*?? If you don't push the "AF" button, this function will NOT be *activated*!

06-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #20
and
Veteran Member

So, what's the problem to have a *function*?? If you don't push the "AF" button, this function will NOT be *activated*!
I agree with that. its better to have the choice. but after thinking about it I dont really mind that it isnt there is what I am saying. hardly a big loss.

actually they could have made it a custom function, having it there by default i think would have done more harm than good, in reviews.
06-12-2009, 10:10 AM   #21

Pre-production doesn't have goods box and full packing!
are you sure ? So pro-production comes wraped in paper ?
06-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #22
Veteran Member

But maybe by having the function, but with poor functionality, the reviewers will jump all over it. Example:

"K-7 does offer AF in video mode, but it is extremely slow and poorly implemented. The competition has better AF in video."

vs.

"K-7, unfortunately, does not offer AF in video mode."

06-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hannican Quote
Is this really the forum for self-promotion?

Why doesn't B&H and other retailers start making threads like this with links to their own sites? How much of this is going to be allowed before someone finally puts their foot down and stops allowing this kind of traffic farming?

I rarely even visit the News and Rumors section anymore because every other post (and EVERY thread) is full of Rice High's link spamming.
as far as I know the owner(s) of the forum has no issues w/ RH posting links to his postings there (in his blog)... so shut up or take if off line using PM to the owner.
06-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by krypticide Quote
But maybe by having the function, but with poor functionality, the reviewers will jump all over it. Example:

"K-7 does offer AF in video mode, but it is extremely slow and poorly implemented. The competition has better AF in video."

vs.

"K-7, unfortunately, does not offer AF in video mode."
I prefer the former!

What cons do we have than there is no offer and the lack of functions? Remember "least is better than none"! (Bugs would be another concern)
06-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #25
Forum Member

I agree with that. its better to have the choice. but after thinking about it I dont really mind that it isnt there is what I am saying. hardly a big loss.

actually they could have made it a custom function, having it there by default i think would have done more harm than good, in reviews.
You're right, although I'm even a little sketchy about making it a custom mode. I think its always better to leave a feature out rather than put in a half-assed version of it, unless it's truly just a marketing buzzword that no one actually cares about. That's marketing 101. It's just going to give reviewers and end users something to latch onto with their gripes. Before you know it, everyone is saying "Pentax's video sucks." It's a dangerous, slippery slope. In other words, it looks a lot better showing up to the party late than it does getting there early with your pants down.

Possibly there will be a way to deepen the depth of field for those wanting to do home videos. Anyone who wants to use it for amateur cinematography will honestly want to focus by hand anyway. Very rarely does anyone doing cinematography use auto focus.
06-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
as far as I know the owner(s) of the forum has no issues w/ RH posting links to his postings there (in his blog)... so shut up or take if off line using PM to the owner.
Thanks and I just opted to ignore those people at all times which I think is the best way to deal with them.
06-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProppaT Quote

Possibly there will be a way to deepen the depth of field for those wanting to do home videos. Anyone who wants to use it for amateur cinematography will honestly want to focus by hand anyway. Very rarely does anyone doing cinematography use auto focus.
Yes, but the K-7 is not a professional cinematography camera! It is still a consumer product afterall!

And bear in mind that cinematography cameras have OVF and those electronic professional video cameras for TV production are still with EVF!
06-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #28
and
Veteran Member

back to topic, have we got any confirmation that the guy got a real production v1.0 camera and not a pre production one?
06-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
Do what I do and put him on your ignore list. I don't see his links or the contents of his posts anymore, unless someone quotes him

Only the old timers understand
06-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
back to topic, have we got any confirmation that the guy got a real production v1.0 camera and not a pre production one?
The OP wrote in the subject line that it is a production body. Quoted: "Rush to (buy).."
Closed Thread